Eyeliner and Sharpie Marks

Chapter 2

Moxxie POV:

“Get up baby, Moxxie, get up,” I heard Ace mumble in my ear in a hushed and frantic voice. I yawned and stretched my arms up, my eyes slowly opening. The only light in the room was that of the dim 7:00 am morning peeking around the curtain.

“Whatttt?” I whined with a smile, leaning up to kiss him. He smiled and then sat up and crawled down the ladder quickly, pulling the shirt from off his head. I whistled playfully, biting on my bottom lip as he pulled of his pajama shorts and walked to his drawers. He pulled out a clean Batman shirt and pulled it over his head and slipped on yesterday’s black skinnies.

I crawled down the ladder, pulling off my shirt and putting on an old Twilight shirt with Edward on the front and a pair of white skinny jeans. I always slept in boxers. Ace smiled, looking at my outfit and sauntered over, putting his hands on my hips and pulling me close, leaning in to kiss me when the door came crashing open.

He jumped back so fast from me I swear his life flashed before my eyes. Our sister stood at the door, toothbrush stuck in her mouth and her hand on her bulging stomach.

“Hey love birds, has anyone seen my eyeliner,” she coughed directing her eyes at me then to Ace “Fags?” she said coughing again, toothpaste and drool dribbling down her chin.

Ace grinned and looked down at his feet, shifting slightly and putting his hands behind his back. “Nope, I haven’t seen it. I’ll tell you if I do. Sorry Helena.”

“What’s a pregnant teen to do?” She cried out throwing her hands in the air. “You guys steal my eyeliner and make me look like trash. Thanks,” she said turning and walking from the room.

She was a senior, 17 years old. She and her boyfriend were having a baby, a baby girl. She’s the reason I’m glad I’m gay. I mean, she’s beautiful. Her hair is long and black and her eyes a deep brown and she was only about 5 foot 3 and tinier then a pencil when she wasn’t pregnant. I loved her to death, but baby was not in my near 10 year plan. And trust me; I had a 10 year plan.

She shut the door on her way out and Ace pulled a stick of eyeliner from his back pocket, winking. He walked to our small mirror on one of our walls, rimming his eyes with it then tossing it to me. He knew I’d take much longer with it. I put it on slowly and then walked from the room quickly, Ace grabbing my ass and my backpack, throwing it at me then putting his on. I let it fall to the ground then he came up next to me, picking it up and handing it to me, kissing my cheek.

“Did you finish your History paper?” he asked walking close to me. He moved further apart as we hit the stairs and walked down to find all of our parents having coffee over the counter.

“We’re walking,” he cooed and I frowned, while he tilted his head to the side toward the door. I sighed and trudged after him, walking out the door as he held it open for me then shut it behind me, quickly taking my hand.

“When are we going to tell them?” I whined softly and he shrugged looking out as we started walked. Our hands swung loosely in between us and I sighed looking down at my feet then back up to him.

He pulled his Justice League backpack up on his shoulders as we walked to our school. We were 7 years old and our school was just around the corner. My mom stood outside and watched us walk.

“Ace, am I your boyfriend?” I asked as we walked hurriedly, my My Little Pony backpack was a little big for me and all that was in it was crayons and coloring books and some book about a cat jumping.

“Yeah, I mean, we kiss and stuff, right? My mom and dad said when you kiss someone it’s called a boyfriend or girlfriend. I mean… you’re not a girl. We both have wieners, right?” He smiled, throwing his head right to left playfully and smiling. I walked closer and as soon as we turned the corner I kissed his cheek quickly with a wide smile. He smiled to and kissed my cheek back. “So Moxxie my boyfriend, what are we going to do today in school do you think?”

I shrugged and smiled, pushing the hair out of my eyes so I could see the school in front of us.

“Ace, Tanner keeps picking on me. He keeps saying I’m gay. I don’t know what gay is…. Am I gay? And he told me that, that I’m dumb and my coloring sucks,” I pouted, my lower lip raising out further then my upper lip.

“You’re not gay. He’s gay. I think. And I like your coloring, you’re real good.” Ace said reassuringly with a smile. He leant over and hugged me as we walked up to the front doors.


We walked up to the doors of our high school and Ace grabbed my hand with a smile. “We’re going to do okay today, okay? Tanner said the lunch special today is Turkey and mashed potatoes…” he mumbled making a face.

Ace was Vegan. I was vegetarian.

“Oh well, we can just make out all lunch, okay?”