I Breathe You In

Better Sorry than Safe

She had been hurt. How could I not notice this sudden attack? Damn Them! I told them to wait for my sign. She lay on the bed, her eyes were wide open and her body was stiff. An arrow had penetrated her chest but it wasn’t lethal. I could still smell she had life. I looked outside the big bay windows and saw a pack of wolves looking at me I let the leader enter my mind:

“What are you doing Nahk?” I asked “Are you staying on your path Ahren?” said Nahk, the leader. “You have to give me more time I sense something in her she is still very confused we may influence her for our benefit” “Don’t be deceived! Just kill her!” “I know what I am doing! Imagine having her at our side we will surely win” “Very well do as you please we will be watching you”. I blocked my mind once again and looked at the injury, as I was about to heal the injury I watched as her body started to glow, energy filling the room my senses tickling with the heat emanating from her body. Then the venom started to ooze from the cut little bits of blue substance were soaking her shirt. Then the arrow slowly detached from the skin turning into dust. The mere sight of all this magic kept me in amaze. Imagine having a taste of that magical and intoxicating blood of hers.

As I woke up I rapidly assumed my combat position waiting for the worst. The only thing I saw was Kemeul. He had his eyes all dark again and an expression in his face that I could only describe as hunger. I forgot that the angels have this thirst for powerful blood. I dropped my fists and went towards him.

“Kemeul! Are you alright?” I said he was obviously in a trance. I snapped my fingers in his face “Hey” he took my hand in just a second and twisted me. “Kemeul! You are hurting me!” I said as I felt the bones in my arm crushing behind my back. I tried to spin and give him a punch but he knew exactly the move I was going to make and grabbed the other hand as well and twisted it. I heard a rumble behind him, feathers started to fall from his back as in just a second big pearly white wings popped from his back. Damn he’s really strong, I can’t break free. Leaning my head back with his free hand and softly, almost enjoying himself, he stroked the hair away from my neck. He smelled my throat and I let out a wine, “Shhhhh” is the sound I heard then he licked my throat and I felt his humid tongue caressing my skin. His wings started to move around my body covering it.

This was bad enough. “Abte Ctehata” I said the spell and then I heard a thud and he was stuck against the wall. He was noticeably struggling against my spell. “Let me go Aurora!” I heard him shout, I looked at my wrists and they had red marks. “Calm yourself and then I’ll let you down” is what I said, “Let me go now! When I get down from here you’ll be sorry” he screamed, “Yeah yeah, whatever” I went into the bathroom while he was still shouting. I closed the door the shouts tuning down. I saw my wrists and they had red marks all over them I checked my chest to see if the injury was alright. It only had a pink line, being a powerful being has it pros and cons but believe me this is one of the pros. Since I was okay there is no use in telling my mother right? Heh, I’m getting so used to being attacked is scary. The shouts were over and I opened the door.

Kemeul had his head down I got close to him and he lifted his head his eyes back to normal. “Are you ok?” I asked “Yes” he whispered. “Cton” the spell to undo, I said this and his body slammed into the ground. I looked at the bay windows. Great there was glass all over the floor. “I’m going to have to get this fixed before mom arrives” I said more to myself. “Aren’t you going to do something about the attack” Kemeul asked his voice very weak. “Nope I don’t want more wolf blood in my hands thank you very much” I said as I got the pieces of the window back together. “You are going to feel a bit weak” I said turning around finding this piece of body that was Kemeul on the floor. He chuckled “Oh Really? What did you do to me? Apart from the fact that you stopped me from ripping your throat apart” He looked at me smiling. “Do you think that what you did was funny at all, cabrón?” I said my head pounding with confusion, rage, sadness; I just want him out of my sight. “Hey no insults honey” he said trying to pull himself together. “I was just smiling because you really stopped me and here I thought you were weak when I saw you, it seems you are still the same fighter I always knew you were” he said as he stood holding himself against the wall.

This was a challenge after all, maybe he didn’t change that much. My head stopped pounding as I understood his motives “Well consider yourself the weak one” I smiled at him moving close to him. “Ja! Please don’t think you are all that, I just didn’t expect that attack you really hit me hard with that spell” I sat on my bed watching him struggle. “Well I was really weak after the attack and you really scared me. Oh and let us not forget healing doesn’t come out of air you know, I have to take some energy before healing so I took a bit of yours with that spell” I said matter of factly. Then he moved so fast I didn’t see him and he got on top of me. His weight pushing me down on the bed his odor waking up very unwelcoming sensations in my body, grabbing my hands over my head and looking at my eyes he said “And what now?”.

I heard the door open followed by my mom’s aghast look “What is the meaning of this?” she finally found the words to speak. Kemeul backed off as fast as he could very well do. Then a figure came out behind my mom. Out came this tall, pale, with light blue eyes almost translucent, black hair covering his nape guy, he was like a Greek God sculpture. Looking at Kemeul he said “I would really like to know what this filthy angel is doing with my fiancé”. Oh crap.