Sequel: One Heart

In My Dreams It's Me And You

Runaway

Brian's POV

How did she know my first name? I'm pretty sure I didn't tell her.

Just as I was about to follow the girl out of the tour bus to ask her how she knew I ran into Matt from Bullet, greeting hi with a clap on the back with my free hand while taking care not to spill my coffee everywhere.

“How have you been man?” Matt asked, walking past me into the back and sitting down. He gestured to me to come in before stretching out on the couch there.

I glanced back down the steps but the girl was already long gone. “Yeah, been alright,” I replied, taking the seat opposite. Might as well ask Matt about her since I couldn’t ask her myself.“Didn't know you had a girl around though, thought it was just you and the guys touring.”

“Talie? We couldn't say no to bringing her if we tried,” he chuckled.

I raised an eyebrow. “Girlfriend?”

“Me and her?” He choked out incredulously, shaking his head. “Hell no, we've been friends for a long time and beside, I think she is already with someone. Plus it's thanks to her that we've made it this far in the business, she helped us out.”

“In what way?”

The very same girl from before appeared in the hallway just then, followed by the rest of Matt's band. She froze when her eyes travelled to the back, her hands shaking the carrier bag she was holding.

Matt chuckled. “Nathalie Taylor has the grand power to kick us out on the streets any time she likes. She single-handedly owns the record company we're signed to.” He noticed her standing there after revealing this, clearly oblivious to her horrified expression, waving her over with his hand. “Hey, Talie! This is Syn, he's from Avenged Sevenfold.

--

Nathalie's POV

“Don't worry Matt... I know who Brian is,” I said quietly, pushing the hood off my head.

Game over.

His eyes widened in surprise as he saw me for the first time since I left around six weeks ago without a word, but it soon shifted into a look of betrayal and he quickly got up and left, murmuring a quick “I've got to leave” to a bemused Matt on the way.

Matt looked at me oddly after Brian had left, asking, “What was that about?”

“It doesn't matter,” I replied despondently, thrusting the bag upon Jay on my way out and turning to follow Brian, calling his name as he was crossing the parking lot for the various touring vehicles. “Brian! Let me explain!”

He stopped and turned back to me, the look on his face destroying any plans I might have had. “Let you explain? You've had six weeks to explain Nathalie! For all I knew you could've died or something!”

I couldn't help murmuring the next thing underneath my breath bitterly, “You don’t know how sometimes I wish I had.”

“Oh, what was that?” He asked angrily, mocking me with his tone. “Was it a good reason as to why you haven't even bothered to call? All you needed to do was say 'I'm fine', and I wouldn't have to worry all this time! You just disappeared just like that, didn't bother saying anything to any of us. All Chloe said was that you were going for a walk, and funnily enough, I didn't think it would take six weeks to complete!”

Everyone spilled out behind me from the tour bus then, oblivious as to why we were shouting at each other. Jay was the first to speak, holding his hands up and saying, “Guys, I think we all need to calm down here-”

“You don't know what I've been though!” I screamed back over Jay, uncaring that I was now in fact crying. This outburst seemed to shock Brian; clearly he wasn't expecting it from me. “How could I have gone back to you when I found out what I did? How could I have gone back to you knowing what would happen? You know nothing Synyster Gates, and don't you dare try and think you do!” Matt came over at that moment and tried to reassure me but I just snapped at him, turning back to Brian to say one more thing. “You know what Brian; you don't have to worry shit about me any more. I don't ever want to see you again- I'm nothing but dead to you now!”

I couldn't bear to go back onto the tour bus knowing that everyone would come after me so I just ran blindly away from everyone- just happening to pass the Avenged Sevenfold tour bus at the exact moment everyone was getting off it. I don't know who it was that called my name as my vision was blurred from crying; I just wanted to get away.

--

Brian's POV

“Nathalie! Nathalie, wait!”

I tried to run after her but she was too quick for me, soon disappearing. Chloe and Zack were there to greet my with an odd stare as I came to a sharp stop against the Avenged Sevenfold tour bus, the look doubling when Matt and the rest of Bullet For My Valentine appeared after me.

“Yo Syn... why are you calling out Nathalie's name?” Zack asked, helping me over to sit on the stairs of the tour bus since I was out of breath.

I really needed to stop smoking.

My reply didn't come for a few minutes, my lungs just seeming to want to concentrate on taking in oxygen first. “Nathalie... she's been here the whole time.”

“What?” Chloe ducked from under Zack's arms and sat down next to me. “No she's not. We would have seen her. She would have come over to hang out. There is no way she wouldn't. There is no reason to...”

“She was here,” I moaned, grabbing at my hair with my hands. “And I- I wasn't thinking... I was such a dick to her! Now she's fucking run off, doesn't want to be with me anymore... Shit, I wouldn't want to be with me after how I acted...”

“She wasn't, it must have been someone else. You must have been mistaken,” Chloe denied, still refusing to believe that her best friend would deceive her like this. “There is NO WAY-”

“Chloe she WAS HERE!” I yelled, pushing away from the stairs and dropping to the ground. I ran a flustered hand through my hair. “And now I've gone and ruined it all...”

“Okay, time, time!” Matt said, looking at me. “What is it with you and Nathalie?”

At that exact moment Jimmy chose the wrong time to appear, only hearing the last question and responding with a bright, “They're fuck buddies!”

I turned and glared at him; friends or not the urge to ram his face against the wall was overwhelming. “Fuck you Jimmy.”

He looked hurt, but smartly ignored to try and protest it, instead turning to Matt and asking, “How do you know Nathalie?”

“We're friends-” He began, but I cut him off.

“Nathalie basically owns them. She runs the music label their signed to.”

Instead of being shocked by this as I was earlier, he just went along with it, musing, “So that's why she can afford so many cars! She better buy me a fucking great car for borrowing mine...”

I didn't catch the last bit, but Chloe certainly did, and before I knew it had grabbed him by his shirt and hauled him down to her level, staring directly into his eyes. “You... you knew and didn't tell any of us? You KNEW she was leaving, and didn't tell us? You gave her YOUR CAR, and you didn't tell ME?”

She was pulling so tight around his collar that it was beginning to choke him, but I can't say I cared. Zack ended up helping him by hauling Chloe away, wrapping his arms around her waist to keep her back as she tried to go back for more along with screaming various curses at him.

“It's not my place! She didn't want you to know!” Jimmy tried to say all the while backing away from Chloe's nails.

“Why wouldn't she want me to know?” Chloe screamed, renewing her attempt to get away and succeeding, throwing herself at Jimmy and knocking him to the ground. “I'm her best friend for fuck sake! I have been ever since we were little! What right do you have to tell me that I can't know where she goes?!” Zack once again tried to haul her off him, but this time she was clinging on with all her might and fury. “Zachary Baker, you better get the fuck off me this instant!”

“Syn, some help please?” He panted. “I can't do this on my own.”

I looked at him with a blank expression, replying with, “You're a man.”

He rolled his eyes and put all his strength into hauling her back, only just managing it when Jay gave him a helping hand in restraining her. Eventually she calmed down after Zack murmured something in her ear, but still kept glaring at Jimmy with any chance she got.

Once he was sure that Zack had her Jay turned to me. “Shouldn't you really be going after her?”

“After who?”

“Nathalie.”

“Probably,” I agreed. Not that it mattered since I didn't move.

Everyone exchanged looks at that point, and even Chloe's anger at Jimmy was lost in the wake of it all.

“Get off your sorry ass and go after her,” Chloe interjected. “I've already broken one nail on Jimmy; don't make me break any on you.”

“But she doesn't even want to see me.” I didn't expect what she did to me next until she done it, left reeling from a very hard slap. “What was that for?!”

She looked at me with no sympathy. “Because you are giving up too quickly. You didn't see how she was when you were gone. I swear that hour long call to you each day was all she bothered to wake up for.” Chloe moved closer so that she could whisper in my ear, adding, “And you may be able to run away from her, Synyster Gates, but you won't get away from me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Nathalie's secret occupation is revealed... told you there was an explanation for her lifestyle.

At least Brian now knows she's not after his money ;)