Sequel: One Heart

In My Dreams It's Me And You

Revelations

Nathalie's POV

If this was what heaven was meant to be, it sucked.

It felt as if I was laying down on the ground as a huge earthquake was going on, even bouncing up and down every once in a while before it calmed down for a few moments, only to start up again. This certainly wasn't what I thought it would be like. Yet when I opened my eyes, I realised I wasn't in heaven.

I was in hell.

As soon as I opened my eyes and saw what was lying next to me I screamed and threw my arms out in front of me, pushing both Brian (and myself in the process) to the floor. He jolted awake just as I was squirming out from underneath him and backing down the length of the bus.

“What the fuck are you doing!” I shouted, loud enough to easily wake everyone who might still be sleeping on the bus and anyone close to it outside. It was only then that I found that I wasn't in my own clothes any more but standing in Brian's chequered hoodie which just about covered my underwear, quickly grabbing the bottom and pulling it down with my hands. “And where the hell are my clothes? Fucking pervert, undressing me! Can't you pay someone to do that for you in a strip club?”

After the initial confusion for his abrupt awakening he got to his feet and put his hands up out of innocence, defending himself; “It wasn't me! Chloe did it!”

I rolled my eyes and huffed. “Whatever. I'm out of here.”

When I opened the door to walk out of the bus I hadn't been expecting to see that we were moving. If Brian hadn't seen me reach for the door handle and quickly pulled me back as I pushed it open I would have ended up as road kill for someone to eat. Not that I cared.

“Get off me,” I snarled, pulling my arm free from his grip and glaring at him. “Why are we moving? Where am I?”

He frowned, crossing his arms. “I'm not going to answer if you are going to act like that.

I narrowed my eyes on him. “What was that?”

“See?” He said, the beginnings of a smirk appearing at the edge of his mouth. “If you were nicer and maybe thanked me for saving your life-” He paused and put up two fingers, adding, “-twice, then maybe I would answer you.”

“Bastard,” I muttered, noticing the amusement in his expression as I pushed past him to the back of the bus where everyone except Matt and Val had gathered. They all seemed to avoid my gaze as I stormed in, not speaking as I sat on the edge of the couch as far away from them as possible.

“You’re acting like a complete child, you know that?” Brian said, following me to the back and leaning against the side.

I scowled at him. “I didn’t ask to be here.”

“So you would have rather been hit by that car?”

“Sounded good to me.”

He exchanged looks with Chloe at that point, who shifted across to sit by my side. “What’s up with you Nat? You’ve been acting funny ever since the appointment at the clinic, did something happen-“

“I want to get off,” I interrupted, pushing off the couch to stand in the opposite corner, holding myself in my arms. “Now.”

“Nat, we can’t exactly just stop in the middle of the road-“

“Pull over then! I’ll walk!”

Brian raised an eyebrow at me. “In the middle of the freeway? Smart one there.”

Chloe narrowed her eyes at him, slapping him on the leg. “Not helpful Brian.”

“Well it’s true.”

“But still-“

Val appeared at that point from the front, where she had been keeping Matt company who had taken a turn at driving the bus for a bit. She frowned at the squabbling pair before looking at me with surprise. “Oh you’re awake? I thought I heard something back here.” She turned to the rest of them then, even though her comment was pretty much directed at Jimmy and his never-ending appetite. “We’re stopping at the next gas station so if you want anything, get off and get it.”

“Good,” I said. “I’m getting off.”

“Going to see Matt? That reminds me-” She reached into her back pocket and pulled out her cell, the device already calling out as she gave it to me. “I said I would get you to call them when you finally got around to getting up.” She disappeared
up front after that, leaving me to wearily press the cell to my ear, finding Alex to be the one to answer.

“Hello?”

“Alex. It’s Nat.”

Before I had time to take a breath an onslaught of questions came, followed shortly after by a long scolding that would have done any mother proud. I didn’t speak during any of it, just waiting until he sighed and finally ended with, “I’m just glad you are alright.”

“Yep,” I replied lamely, even though I wasn’t feeling it in the slightest. “Is your bus stopping at the next gas station?”

“I think so- oh wait. We’re already here.”

“Good, I’m coming on.” I flipped the cell shut and placed it on the side before walking to the door, this time waiting until I felt the bus shudder to a stop before opening it despite still only wearing Brian’s hoodie. Hell, the way I was feeling right now I would gladly get off this bus butt naked if that was the only way.

I had just stepped down when Chloe appeared at the top of the stairs, calling down to me. “Nat… are you just going to leave again?” The heartbreak in her eyes made me feel guilty, so I turned away and stared at the ground. “Why won’t you tell me what’s wrong? I thought we were friends- family even.”

“We are, it’s just that-” My throat suddenly turned dry as I realised what I would have to tell her, knowing deep down she could never forgive me for it. “It doesn’t matter Chloe. It really doesn’t.”

As I turned to leave she cleared the stairs and grabbed my wrist, stopping me from going any further and forcing me to look at her. “It does matter.” A small smile appeared as she pushed back some of my hair, sorting out where some had got caught. “I can see it in your eyes. Why won’t you tell me what’s wrong?”

We were pretty much alone in the station now as everyone had piled off both the Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine buses, leaving us the only ones out in the open.

“When I went to the clinic,” I began, already beginning to feel sick at the memory. “They gave me for a test.”

Chloe looked worried. “Oh God, you aren’t dying are you?”

I smiled weakly. “No... It’s not that. I-”

“There is something wrong with you? What is it? Are you sick? Are you-”

“Chloe!” I sighed, pausing for a few moments before continuing, “The reason I was always tired and throwing up was because… well, I was pregnant.”

She almost choked when I said that. “You were what? How far?”

“Six weeks, maybe seven.”

“But…” Her brow furrowed as she tried to work it out. “That was when Brian and everyone were recording.”

“Yes, they were.”

“Then how…?” Her face fell when she realised what I was getting at. “Oh Nat, you didn’t.”

“Well something did happen but that wasn’t…” I stopped myself and looked away, pulling my wrist free. “I’m sorry. I can’t be around everyone.”

Little did I know until I shifted my gaze that I noticed someone standing at the top of the stairs, their expression frozen in a mix of horror and shock.

Brian had heard it all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nat has so much to say, yet she still doesn't.

I could say that I was wondering what she was keeping back, but I already know ;)