Status: active. please comment! xx.

This Couldn't Be More Complicated.

1.

I felt myself wake up, but hesitated before opening my eyes. My legs had the familiar ache from dehydration and my stomach churned slightly. I could feel my breath as I swallowed the lining of saliva covering the inside of my mouth.

‘Ugh, scotch.’ I muttered to myself. I sat up in my bed and peered out the window. The sun was halfway through the sky so it had to be at least midday. I reluctantly left my bed and walked to the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. I don’t think I had ever seen myself that way before. My eyes surrounded by faded black mascara and the brown eyeliner had been swept to the sides of my eyes. My hair gave the illusion of never being able to the brushed again. Sadly, it was not an illusion.
“I will just have to conditioner it out,” I told myself confidently.
I undressed and got in the shower and let the blast of cold water cover my face. I liked to take long showers, so I turned up the hot and slid down and sat on the floor, hot water running down my back. I pondered the previous night’s festivities. My 17th birthday wasn’t supposed to be so insane. Gate crashers and throwing whatever stuff you find into the fire? I think I was groping people. Disgusting. I drank way too much.

I was lost in a deep train of thought after washing my hair and it broke when my mother banged on the wall.
“Addison! You have been in there for almost 45 minutes! It’s bad enough you spent half the day sleeping”
I groaned and turned the faucets off. It was such a good shower. I dried off and put some old jeans and a t-shirt on and went downstairs. I stopped on the last step. It was horrible...mortifying even. The house was completely clean. Every speck of dirt was cleaned and every bottle/can recycled. This meant my mother wanted me to do something, or I had deeply disappointed her.

“Addison, I want to talk to you about something,” mum said to me as she sat down on the lounge. Oh here we go. “It’s about last night.”
“Whatever it is mum, I am so sorry” I pleaded as I sat next to her.
“Oh Addison, darling, your father and I have decided that parties are henceforth banned in this house”
“Is that all? Well okay then. I wasn’t really planning on having any more anyway” I say, standing up. “I’m going to go get dressed and go over to Zack’s.” I ran up the stairs and angrily changed. I don’t think my feigned non-interest was very convincing. I raced out the door before she could say anything else and got in my car. My trusty Toyota Corolla. Zack only lived 2 streets away but my legs hurt too much to walk.

I arrived and knocked on his door, praying his mother wasn’t home. She was.
“Oh, its you. Hello, Zack is upstairs in his room” She looked at me disapprovingly. She didn’t believe in guys and girls being just friends. She hated me because Zack and I had absolutely no romantic feelings for each other. I rolled my eyes and thanked her and bounded up the stairs. His door was shut so I knew he would still be asleep. I quietly opened his door and ran and jumped on his bed. Laughing, I pulled the covers back.

“You’re not Zack.” I looked down confused at an equally confused face.
♠ ♠ ♠
so tell me what you think :)
first story
xx.