The Protector of the Scattered Flowers

Wishful Thinking

Kisame's hulking form shuffled into the living room. "Why do you guys have to make so much damn noise all the time?" He muttered, running his hands through his hair.

Deidara gasped and covered MIdori's belly with his hands. "You're giving our baby impure thoughts! You're a negative influence! Bad Kisame!" He scolded as if Kisame were a dog.

Kisame merely shook his head and sat next to Natsumi on the couch. "I'm surprised that the kid is still asleep."

"Kisame-kun, she does have a name." Natsumi said with exasperation.

"Yeah, but 'hey kid!' is easier to say than... than chi...." He paused, deep in thought.

"Oji-chan, my name is Chikako." She yawned, sitting up. "Mama, I'm going to your room to take a nappie. Night-night!" She waved, leaving the living room and stumbling down the hall.

Laughter sounded from the kitchen. "Stop it, Deidara! That tickles!"

"Ew! Married couple love!" Natsumi made a face at the two of them as they emerged from the kitchen.

"Hey! It's not my fault! Tell Deidara to keep his hands and their mouths to themselves and I'll be fine!" She scampered back into the kitchen, slamming the door in Deidara's face. "Now leave me alone! I have a lunch to prepare!"

The three of us ignored their bickering and turned to each other instead.

"Hey, Kisame. Is Itachi...?" Natsumi left the question open.

"Yeah. He's sleeping in your room." He answered.

"Thanks." She got up from the couch and left the room.

"So...?" Kisame stretched himself out on the couch. "What's new with you, Mamoru?"

"Not much." I replied. "The usual, you know."

He grunted in response.

I finished chopping the vegetables for Midori and left the kitchen. "I think I'll go for a walk." I announced to no one in particular. And, of course, everyone else was too busy with their own troubles to notice, or even to care. I walked outside and through the trees.

All right, cut the emo crap. They care. They're just... wrapped up in their own lives right now. Midori and Deidara are crazy enough, and now they have a baby on the way. And I think all this talk of babies and marriage makes Kisame lonely. I mean, Itachi, Deidara, Pein-sama, Konan, and even Sasori all have a special someone. That leaves only Kakuzu, Tobi, Kisame, Zetsu, and myself without a partner.

I chuckled to myself. Well, technically, Zetsuhas a partner. And I don't really count. I mean, Iam only fifteen.

I sighed. Still. It would be nice to have someone to talk to. Someone my age. Onee-san and the others are kind enough, but it would be nice to have someone to relate to.

I sighed again and sat underneath a blooming cherry blossom tree. Maybe I'm just being selfish, but I want.... no, I need someone my age to talk to.

I need a friend.


I stared up at the sun, high in the sky. The sun has the moon, and yet I have no one.

I closed my eyes. I wish.... I wish that I could have someone, just for me.

The wind blew, caressing my face, and then was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was fun to write. You guys get an insight as to how Mamoru feels, and this is where the action starts to pick up anyways.

Bwahaha.

Comment please!

Mwuah. <3
~Chez