Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Midnight Black

Somehow the rather large group of people managed to enjoy themselves and Johnny and Lacey seemed to be able to keep their hands off of one another for a while. Since they were all now talking about various stupid things to do while they were home. Matt said he was gonna be helping Jacey move into his place and that caught everyone off guard.

“Uhm hello, we’re getting married…” Matt said.

“Ha, oh yeah that’s right.” Jessica said. She was leaning against Zack’s chest practically asleep as he leaned against the cooler that held the soda. He had one hand resting on her stomach and the other she had laced her fingers through and was sitting there holding it. Jacey grinned at her friend. Leanne rolled her eyes.

“So hey who wants to hit a club tonight.” Lea asked before getting up and holding her phone and mouthing ‘I’m gonna call Grams’ at Jess.

“Gee, we would but that’s not fair to Jess.”

“I can’t drink, but I sure as hell can dance.” Jessica said tilting her head to the side and glancing up to look at Zack. He smirked.

“Well okay, count us in.”

“Hey where’d Lea go?” Jacey asked suddenly looking around.

“To call Grams.”

“Ahh, her turn to check up on her?”

“Yep.”

“You two are awesome.”

“C’mon Jace the woman raised us as her own daughters, not her granddaughters. She deserves being loved.”

“She does doesn’t she?”

“Yep, and she can’t wait to be a great-grandmother.”

“Bet that’s making her year, you being pregnant then.” Kelly said.

“She’s ecstatic, I’m just glad she’s smiling.” Jessica said the others laughed.

“So Grams is good she said for us to have a good time and just have fun.” Lea said walking back over to the group and sitting down beside Brian. He wrapped an arm around her and they all sat there and had to roll their eyes when Johnny and Lacey started up again.

“Oh my god, get a fucking room.” Kelly said tossing an empty can at them. Lacey ignored them and flipped them off. Johnny had a grin on his face as he laughed at her. He wasn’t complaining that Jacey and Leanne had rubbed off on Lacey. And a moment later It was Jessica and Zack that stood.

“We’ll meet you later.” Jessica said.

“Wait where are we going?” Zack asked looking at Jacey and glancing at Jess completely confused as to why they were leaving.

“Midnight Black?” Matt asked.

“Never been…” Kelly said.

“I dunno prolly.” Brian said.

“Well one of you call one of us and we’ll meet you wherever.” Jess said as she took Zacks hand. Zack walked with her to his car and once they were in the car he looked at her.

“Where are we going?”

“To see if my clothes at home still fit if not I have to buy something to wear tonight.”

“Baby you’re barely two months pregnant your clothes fit you just fine.” Zack said as he leaned over the center console in the car and kissed her. She kissed him back. A moment later they pulled out and headed to her Grams house. When they got there Ada was in the kitchen cleaning. Jess rolled her eyes and kissed her grandmother on the cheek before grabbing two cokes from the fridge.

“We’ll be upstairs Grams.” and she darted back out of the room Zack shaking his head as he followed her. Ada watched the two and if it were for the fact that her granddaughter was already an adult she would be saying something about her being upstairs in her room with a boy. But considering the boy in this case was a man, and the father of her unborn great grandchild Ada was willing to let it slide. She loved her girls and that was all that mattered. She knew that both of them could be happy if they put their minds to it.

Upstairs Zack glanced around the room and took in his girlfriends surroundings. He tried not to laugh when he saw the stacks of wrestling magazines on the floor against the wall, and the fact that she had pink curtains, a blue bedspread, and ugly puke green walls. He wasn’t gonna ask.

“Don’t ask about the room, I hate it now, I did it when I was sixteen. It pissed off Grams.”

“Yes it did, I brought up some cookies just made them this morning.”

“OH Grams thank you I love your cookies. Zack you have to try these.” Ada smiled as she sat the plate on the desk knowing that was probably the safest place for it to be. Jess bit into a cookie as she opened her closet door and started shifting things around in it. She pulled out several outfits and Zack leaned back against her head board and tried not to laugh as she discarded some clothes on the floor and tossed some on the end of the bed. When the closet was empty she turned to the very small pile of clothes on the bed. She raised an eye brow at them and began sorting through those to find outfits. Zack shook his head and moved so he could pull her up beside him.

“Take a break, you’re stressing, that’s not good for you.”

“But I have to find something to wear…”

“You’re not fat, and even when you’re seven months pregnant I’m going to tell you the same thing. Jess you’re beautiful and I don’t care what you wear tonight just as long as you know I could care less about what you’re clothes look like.”

“I love you.” Jessica said and rested her head on his chest. About three minutes later Zack was easing out from beneath her where she had fallen asleep. He cleaned the clothes up off the floor and the bed and left out one of the simplest outfits that had been tossed on the bed and lay it over the desk chair. He glanced around the room and then went out into the hallway, it was probably a good thing that he had seen the bathroom when they had come upstairs. He walked across the hall and used it and then just as he was walking back into the room he saw that Jess was waking up and she was reaching for him.

Jessica’s eyes flew open when she reached for him and there was nothing there. She sat up in bed and it was in time to watch him walk the rest of the way into the room. She calmed down immediately. He hadn’t left her. She glanced around the room fully expecting to see the aftermath of tornado J. Hathaway as her Grams called it when she got in these fits, but the room was clean and there was a simple pair of black denim flares and a white t-shirt with a picture of the little red M&M guy on the front. She sat up and he moved to her. She placed her arms around him and he bent down to kiss her. A moment later he pulled her up and that’s when she noticed he had closed the door.

“Let’s get you changed so we can go get lunch.” Jessica raised an eyebrow at him.

“You gonna dress me?”

“No I’m gonna have fun undressing you and keeping myself under control while doing it and then you can dress yourself.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“The door is closed and Grams isn’t nosy…” Jessica said as she ran one of her hands down over Zacks chest. Zack raised an eyebrow at her and she grinned as she kissed him. “How fast do you think you can undress me?” She asked him. He grinned.

“Lets find out.”

That night they were standing outside of Midnight Black with Jimmy and Kelly. Zack was shaking his head as they waited on the other three couples to get there. Surprisingly enough the first couple there was Matt and Jacey. Jacey looked at her friend and shook her head.

“I haven’t seen that shirt since the day you bought it and then wore it for all of five hours.”

“I forgot I had it until today.”

“Where was it?”

“My closet I think.” Her head was cloudy at the moment, just thinking about what had happened before they had left. In the end he had ended up making love to her too. Which had been her point. When they got downstairs to leave her grandmother had left a note saying that she had gone to the store and would see them later.

“You’re a dumb ass.” Jacey said but it was so affectionately sisterly to her friend that Jess smiled a little before speaking.

“I know.”

Matt wrapped his arms around Jacey from behind a moment later and kissed her neck. There was just something about her down to earth personality that made him want her right then, but he was keeping himself in check. She was leaning back into him and they glanced up when Brian and Leanne showed up.

“Oh my god wow, look at that shirt sis… don’t I have a matching one somewhere with the yellow guy on it?”

“Yeah I think you do. Probably in your closet at Grams’.”

“Hmm, I’ll have to look. I’m taking Brian over there tomorrow.”

“Wow, wait did Leanne Hathaway just say she was taking a guy home to meet her grandmother?”

“Shut up Jacey.”

“What’s the big deal?” Brian asked.

“She never takes a guy home to Grams.” Jessica said, causing everyone else to laugh. They were about to walk inside when Johnny and Lacey joined them both grinning.

“Glad to see someone’s come out of her shell.” Jimmy said as Lacey and Johnny wrapped their arms around one another’s waists. The idiotic grins were easy enough to figure out why they were late. As the ten of them made their way inside Jessica smiled at the people she knew and she walked to a table against the wall and Zack sat pulling her down in his lap. She grinned and cuddled up with him. The others had followed and Lacey was the only other one sitting in somebody’s lap. Jacey was sitting next to Matt with his arm around her shoulders and her hand was absentmindedly playing with his hair again. Leanne raised an eyebrow at her.

“What?”

“You are fucking obsessed with his hair.” Jacey grinned and rested her head on Matt’s shoulder. Matt rolled his eyes and managed to keep a grin off his face. Dru walked over a moment later and looked at them.

“Jess, Jace, Lea”

“Dru, it's been a while girl."

"Yeah ya'll disappeared for a while there."

"We know"

"So what'll it be?"

"I'll take a double shot of tequila." Jacey said the guys all ordered a double shot of Jack.

"Fuck it, make mine a double shot of tequila too." Leanne said and Brian grinned.

"A diet Pepsi Dani, and don't pop the tab." Dru raised an eyebrow.

"You don't want a shot of crown?"

"Can't drink."

"Why?"

"Because I think Zack here would kill me if I endangered our baby." Dru’s jaw dropped. Jessica grinned and Zack kissed her forehead.

“Okay, yeah no problem, by the way ya’ll couldn’t have picked a worse night to show up. Your ex is here Jess.”

“Shit, yeah okay just friggin great. He prolly still has it out for Jacey.”

“Wait the guys who’s car we totaled?” Matt asked.

“Mhmm.” Jacey said as she turned to glance around and sure enough she saw him. “Maybe if we ignore him…”

“No chance in that he’s headed this way. Wait what the fuck is that Michelle on his arm?” Brian asked. Leanne turned to look in the same direction as the others.

“Yeah it is” Matt said. Which meant that Val wasn’t too far behind them. And sure enough there she was walking over in a pink mini skirt and a white tube top wearing high heels and completely drunk.
♠ ♠ ♠
HERE HAPPY JESS!!! NO KILLIN ME FOR THE ENDING EITHER