Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

The Perfect Dress

“Dude so not the words you ought to be saying.” Jessica muttered under her breath. Zack snorted from beside her and she smacked him.

“I just asked a simple question.” Matt said.

“Trust me no you didn’t.” Zack said. Jacey caught on immediately.

“Who got caught by Ada fucking in the kitchen?” Matt turned to his fiance and Zack and Jessica pointed to Brian and Leanne. Leanne rolled her eyes.

“It just happened dammit.”

“I tried to stop.” Brian said.

“Who’s side are you on?” Leanne asked him

“Uhm what I distinctly remember saying Lea, we’re in the kitchen and you’re the one that said no one was downstairs, that your Grams had left and the others were upstairs.”

“Wow” And I thought getting caught by my mom while in the process of getting ready to get laid on the hood of the mustang was bad.”

“Oh shit your mom caught the two of you?” Jessica asked.

“Yeah”

“That’s okay Grams called me the sensible one, and I’m pregnant.”

“This whole day is fucked up.”

“Yeah” Matt muttered.

“So engaged?” Lea said changing the subject.

“Yeah, and I’m moving in with him.” Zack had a grin on his face that clearly stated he was a happy man.

“Dude you won more than a bet…”

“I forfeited that bet thank you.”

“You won the woman”

“Well if you put it that way, even I won’t argue.” Jessica said causing Zack to laugh. Suddenly they turned to Jacey when she gasped and then smiled obviously she had just gotten a good idea, and it apparently didn’t involve getting Matt naked.

“What?” Zack asked when she looked at him and Jess funny.

“How soon do the two of you wanna get married?”

“We haven’t talked about it” Jess said.

“How about in a month?”

“WHAT?” Zack, Jessica, and Matt yelled at the same time.

“You know when me and Matt get married.”

“Why?” Jess asked cautiously.

“Because then Mom wouldn’t run planning my wedding and I’d get my way and you’d get yours.”

“You just wanna use me.”

“Hey you’re the one that got engaged. Besides all you have to say is you’re pregnant and mom will back off, that or your Grams.”

“What’d ya say Zack, we’d be married before the baby is born.” He looked at her. A smile passed across his face.

“Is it what you really want?” He asked, he could care less as long as she married him.

“I don’t know. Can I answer that later Jacey. I mean I haven’t even told Grams that he asked me.”

“Yeah, it was just an idea. And I kinda figured that you may want to get married before the baby is born.”

“Well it’s just a part of me wants to say yes, you know, but the other part of me wants to say no. Because along time ago…”

“She asked Grams if she could get married in her wedding dress. Grams told her she could.”

“I’m gonna go back to the house, Zack I’ll be back okay.”

“Okay” he handed her the keys to the truck and he walked her to it. Somehow they had managed to walk up to the porch and not even notice. She kissed him gently when he leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. She grinned as she got up into the drivers seat.

“You know when I’m further along I may actually have to start driving my Explorer.” Zack grinned and shook his head.

“How many cars do you have?”

“One car, a truck, a SUV and a motorcycle.” Zack rolled his eyes as he glanced at the truck. He could tell that next to the mustang it has her favorite vehicle.

“At least after she’s born, you can put a car seat in the back seat of the truck.”

“Thankfully my truck has a full back seat… you said she.”

“I want a little girl, just as beautiful as her mother.”

“As long as she has your eyes.” Jessica said and he shut the door for her. She quickly did the math and she knew that she would be about three and a half months pregnant. She would be barely showing. She’d have to try the dress on now, and see how much it would need taken out if possible. The dress was what her decision was riding on. She pulled into her Gram’s driveway ten minutes later and Ada met her on the porch.

“Jessi would you please tell me what’s going on with your sister. And you.”

“Yeah, it’s called love Grams.”

“Honey, that’s lust.” She said waving her hand in the direction of the kitchen inside.

“Grams he tried to get her to take it upstairs. Even she admits that. Her reasoning was that me and Zack were upstairs.”

“I don’t like him.”

“Grams, he’ll grow on you I promise. Now I want to see your dress.”

“Why.”

“I need to know if it’ll fit me in a month.” Ada’s eyes darkened and then lightened.

“Why?” She asked and Jessica showed her Grams the ring on her left ring finger. Ada smiled the sight. The man truly did love her grandbaby. She walked upstairs and Jessica followed. As Ada pulled a dress out of the closet she instructed Jess to strip and as she did, she soon found herself in just her bra and panties. Ada helped her into the dress and zipped the back. The skirt was layer upon layer of white shiny see through fabric. It was off the shoulder and even the top of the dress which dipped a little on her chest was like the shiny fabric on the skirt only it was a solid white. She had always called it her Cinderella dress. The best part was apparently it would fit in a month, because it was just a little big on her.

“It should fit you in a month. It might be a little snug if it doesn’t fit just right.” Ada said quietly. Jessica was near tears. She was getting married in a month. She looked at herself in the full length mirror in her Grams room. After the dress was off she found herself in her grandmother’s arms and crying with happiness.

“I just want you to be happy.”

“Grams I have a month to pull this off. I want my fairytale and Jacey just wants her mom to back off a little.”

“I’ll talk with Ellie, you go tell him he better take care of my baby.”

“I will Grams, I will.” and once again after sorting through the cookies she made a tin with five of each cookie for Ada to take to Ellie. And then she just grabbed a bunch of each and popping a chocolate chip cookie in her mouth she carried the second container out to her truck. Her Grams was headed to her car.

“Oh Grams, he asked me to move in with him.”

“Well I would hope so.”

“I really do love him.” She said before she pulled out. And again ten minutes later she was back at Matt’s. They were all still outside but that could be because more of the gang had shown up. She found Zack easy enough and he was at the truck before she had it off. She handed him the container of cookies and got out. She looked at him and smiled.

“You feel better Jessi?”

“Yeah. Zack…”

“Yeah baby?”

“I wanna do it, I wanna get married in a month.” He looked at her and grinned. He was getting married. They walked hand in hand, with Zack carrying the cookies.

“I love you Jess”

“I love you back” she replied then shouted. “I BROUGHT COOKIES!”

“OOO WHO MADE COOKIES?” Jacey said dashing out and grabbing the container from Zack.

“Me, Lea, Zack, and Brian.”

“Zack and Brian baked cookies?” Johnny asked.

“Only cause Jess got emotional and started the whole baking process.” Leanne muttered. Jess ignored her sisters comment.

“Grams took a container to Ellie.”

“Why is Grams going to Ellie’s?” Leanne said as she grabbed a peanut butter cookie and handed a double chocolate chip one to Brian. Johnny and Lacey grabbed a couple too.

“Because me and Jacey are getting married how we want, not how she wants us too.” Jacey looked at Jessica and smiled.

“YES!!”

“It fit then?” Lea asked.

“No, but it will in a month.”

“Too small?”

“Just a lil too big.”

“Oh Jess, you get to wear it.”

“Lea I looked in the mirror and wanted to cry.” And Leanne and Jacey hugged her.

“Clue us in?” Kelly asked as she rolled her eyes at Johnny and Lacey who were wrapped up in one another again.

“Ever since I saw my Gram’s wedding dress I always dreamed of getting married in it. And Zack asked me to marry him today and well Jacey thought that we might want to get married before the baby is born and everything was telling me to agree to it, but one thing was holding me back...”

“The dress.” Zack said looking at her. When she nodded he smiled. Suddenly thankful he didn’t have to wait to call her his wife. He would’ve if she had said she wanted to wait, but he was glad he didn’t have too.

“Yeah the dress.”

“Thank god I’m not the only one in uncharted waters now.” Matt said causing them all to laugh.