I Never Asked To Be Gifted...

Is This My Reality?

I woke up and it felt like I had been sleeping for days on end, but looking at the strangely familiar digital, spider web clock I realised it had only been a couple of long hours. I slowly sat up or tried to at least and found out I was chained down on a concrete bench. I started to gain back feeling in my wings and came to sudden realisation on how much pain I was actually in. I winced at the many strands of shooting pain that was constantly becoming stronger and closed my eyes to try and calm down. Despite the agony I was in, I tried to flap my wings once more. I heard a massive crack as a massive wave of shock and pain came over my right wing. Feeling a hand press down on my left wing, a sudden voice became present in the room. “Maybe you shouldn’t try to escape...”

I swallowed hard and suppressed my scream so I wouldn’t satisfy the person standing behind me. I tried to remain calm but unfortunately when I started to speak, it was lost.

“Who are you?” I tried to speak with a clear and threatening voice but it came out shaky and very obvious that I was in pain.

“You know, I don’t think that piece of information is your concern” The man had a very deep and mysterious voice but because he kept in the shadows, I couldn’t put an image to it.

“Can you tell me anything?” I shifted a little on the bench, trying to become more comfortable.

“Hmm... Well if I told you everything straight up it would ruin both mine and our fun. So you’re going to have to ask single answer questions in order for an answer. Even then, I am not guaranteeing I will answer.” I noticed he had taken a step closer to me, as I could now feel his cool and refreshing breath on my neck as he spoke.

“Ok then, if we want to play that way...” Keeping in mind I could morph anytime I wanted and get out of this extremely easily, I decided to play with him for a while. See how long he could last before running out of the room with insanity.

“So, seeing a beautiful girl such as myself, lying here, locked up in chains...how does it make you feel? You know being so cruel by being a bystander of this whole, if you could say, ingenious plan of theirs?” I knew that all men who ended up like this had their opinion on being a forced bystander, and often it was their weak point if you taunted it enough. So I decided to cut straight to the fun before I ruined their plan and escaped with ease.

“I know that you think this question is a weak point for most guys but..I’m not most. So to be honest, it really doesn’t bother me. Sure, it’s a shame to see such beautiful girls go to waste, but it isn’t my choice to make. If someone has done something wrong, they deserve pun-”

He suddenly stopped talking and the presence of his cool breath left. A new set of quiet, soft footsteps entered the room; light like a puppy's but not harsh, with the clicking of heels. Cool hands touched my forehead and gently stroked my cheek. Instantly my wing stopped aching and my body completely relaxed underneath the chains.

“Hello there young Izabel”

A cold shiver ran down my spine as her soft voice hit my ears. I knew I shouldn’t trust her but my arms felt differently, I couldn’t help but try to reach out to her. All I wanted to do was curl up into her arms and cry...I didn’t realize it at first but her voice sounded so much like my mother’s.

I quickly responded, “H-h-how do you know my name?”

I felt so weak and vulnerable unlike I had in so many years; ever since my mum first died.

“Everyone knows your name dear, you’re so well known.”

As she finished her sentence her voice fell flat. I squirmed a little from the tone of her voice and a small electric shock went through my body. “I wouldn’t squirm, my dear, you might get hurt.”

Her cold, unwelcoming, mocking tone made my skin crawl for its dear life. I could still feel my feathers and hair rising from the electric shock.

“And I’m guessing you wouldn’t care”, my voice was sharp and sterile.

Removing her hands from my shoulder, she started to caress my right wing. Her soft voice returned, making music to my ears and once again I felt helpless.

“Of course I would care, you’re a valuable resource.”

She walked into the dim light and I could see the innocent smirk lighting up her face. Removing my eyes away from her smirk, I took in her profound beauty. She had reddish-brown, soft, curly hair that fell down just below her breasts. Flawless, pale skin, picture perfectly, glowing underneath the dim room light. Stunningly, rich brown eyes glared, breathtakingly back at me. Standing tall (maybe 5 foot 7?), having perfect posture and of course dressed in an elegant black dress. The dress draped down past her ankles and softly brushed the floor as she paced, slowly around me. The satin collar was v-shaped and hung around her fragile shoulders. As she brushed past me to tell the guard something, the black satin ribbon that wrapped around her waist, slid over my legs.

My eyes followed her across the room as she walked over to the man I was talking to before. This female figure was the kind of bad girl you only dreamt/nightmared of. I mean I have dealt with these kind of people before but I didn’t think it would ever become so personal. How is my nightmare becoming an actual reality?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys,

Wow it's been so long since I've posted a chapter... Sorry there has been such a huge gap. Hope you still are interested! Anyways, here it is now :D Enjoy!

Massive thank you to my Beta M(Lurking_shadow), you're a gianormous help/inspiration and I doubt this story would have been posted without yooh.

Yours sincerely,
Spiralof Darkness