Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Five

"So, we'll start with an easy one," After the immediate panic of Brian waking up was over, Lauren had been appointed to be the one to assess his amnesia. "What's your name?"

"Brian Haner," He replied, a cheeky grin lay on his lips "But; I heard you say that as I was waking up - does that count?"

She giggled, shaking her head "'fraid not," she said, not daring to look into those beautiful eyes of his. "Age?"

"28," He answered adding hastily "But I'm okay with all the easy stuff; Brian Elwin Haner Jnr, 28, born July 7th 1981, love carrots but hate sprouts, play guitar but not a lot."

"So, what is it you dont remember?" Lauren asked, confused about the guitar comment.

He sighed and rubbed his eyes "Where do I live? Who are my friends and family? Do I have a girlfriend?"

"This might help," she said, pulling the note they had found in his pocket out of where she had placed it in the pages of her Pukka Pad.

He frowned as he read it, mouthing the words slowly to himself. "Zacky? Shadz?" He asked once he lowered the note.

Lauren pulled out a picture of his band she had printed off "Zacky Vengeance aka Zach Baker?" She said pointing to the small, slightly chubby one with snakebites Brian had his arm around "And M Shadows aka Matt Sanders." The tall, muscular one.

Brian bit his bottom lip in thought as she explained who the other two guys - Johnny Christ and The Rev - were. "I - I cant remember," he sighed in frustration.

"It's okay," She smiled, patting him lightly on his hand "You should get some rest."

"Thank you," He smiled up at her.

She shrugged "I'm just doing my job."

*

"I dont want you being his nurse anymore."

Lauren sighed, knowing ringing her mom had been a bad idea. She rubbed her eyes with her free hand. "It's in the job description Ma."

"Well, I'm not prepared to go thriugh another year like the last Lauren!"

"You werent the only one who had to go through that mom!" Lauren exclaimed "And I dont want it bringing up up anymore! I'm starting a new chapter in my life now!"

"I'm just looking out for you."

"I know you are mom," Lauren sighed "But I'm okay now. I'm 24 years old - old enough to look after myself."

Her mom lay silent on the other end of the line for a while.

Lauren waited patiently as she quietly prepared herself a coffee.

"Okay then," Her mom finally said slowly "Just make sure you do okay?"

Lauren smiled "I will mom, I promise. And I'll come visit soon kay?"

"Okay sweetie. See you."

"Bye mom." As she placed the phone back into its cradle Lauren lowered herself onto the couch slowly - careful not to spill any of her hot drink.

She flicked the T.V. on and a familiar face lit up the screen. Avenged Sevenfold's Bat Country was on.

He seemed to be everywhere she turned.
♠ ♠ ♠
The more comments = faster updates.
=]
x