Please Remember Me

You'll Find Better Love

I packed up my bag and placed the notebook on top of it before zipping it shut. Today was the day I was going to see them. I held the tickets in my hand and looked down.

Live Nation Presents: PANIC! AT THE DISCO

I couldn’t get over the fact that he was in a band now. All those times we talked about getting famous and being in a band, touring all over the world, were actually a possibility for him. For me, well I was still stuck here in North Carolina working at a Borders in the mall.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and headed out to my car. Throwing the bag in the backseat and shoving the key in the ignition, my little old Audi fired up and we drove off into the early morning light.

Always by Blink-182 came through the car speakers and out of habit I sang along. This used to be our song for some reason. It was just one of those songs that made both of us happy whenever we were stuck in a rut.

The only thing we ever agreed on was music. Well okay, we agreed on a lot more than just music, but it was the one thing we hardly fought about.

Pulling in to the parking lot, I could already see the line forming. Lucky for me, I have a VIP pass. I forgot to mention I had a few connections, didn’t I? My bad, I’m sorry.

Sneaking past the eager fan girls in line, I made my way to security who was keeping them outside. I flashed my pass and he let me in. Taking in a deep breath of the venue I felt like I was at home. Not only did I work at Borders, but I spent almost all of my time here as well. Call me a workaholic, but it keeps me busy, which keeps my mind off of other things.

Taking in the lighted venue for once, I saw things I’d rather not mention.

A group of girls were standing in a line, so I figured I’d make my way over to them. They were obviously waiting for the same people I was.

---

“You’ll go up one by one, no pictures. Just place your item on the table and they’ll sign it,” The security guy instructed. We all gave a silent nod and watched the boys file to the table and sit down.

A few girls cried; one actually threw up. To say I was a little nervous would be an understatement.

“Hello!” The brown haired, brown eyed boy smiled.
“Hey,” I said shuffling around in my bag for the notebook.

I saw his eyes light up when he caught a glance of the back cover which proudly displayed random scribbles of “monsters”.

“Here,” I said sliding the notebook over to him, “This is for you.”

He looked down at the notebook then back up at me, “You don’t want us to sign it?”

“No,” I said biting my lip and shaking my head, “I want you to read it. Cover to cover.”

“Alright, well thanks!” He said slipping it under the table.

And that’s when his eyes met mine.
Fuck.

---

“So we’re gonna be leaving here soon,” He said adjusting the mic on the stand, “And we’re sure as hell gonna miss you North Carolina!”

The crowd erupted in screams.

“It’s been a fun night,” He said taking off his guitar, “But while the guys take a little break, I want to mention something that happened today.”

No one made a sound.

“A girl came up to me in our meet and greet today and handed me a journal of some sorts,” Without even trying, his eyes scanned the crowd and found my face. I shouldn’t have focused my attention on him, but I did, “And I wanted her to know that I read the whole thing, cover to cover.”

A smile spread across my lips.

“I was also wondering if she meant what she had said on the last page.”

Confusion soon took over my face as I looked at him like a deer in headlights.

“I liked you more than a best friend too Katie,” He grinned like a six year old.

And that’s when my heart melted.