Outside Looking In

Seis.

|Jewel’s POV|

I sighed, walking into my house.

“Hey, Jewel! How was tutoring?” I blanched at my mother’s voice. I had completely forgotten that I had to tutor Mitchel. As soon as practice was over, I made a beeline for the parking lot, and Mitchel had left with Minnie.

“Uh, it was okay.” I lied, moving into the kitchen where she was making dinner.

“That’s good. How was school?” She asked, and I could see she was peeling potatoes.

“School was actually pretty good today. We got a new girl in my art class. Her name is
Phoebe, she’s really cool.” I said, sitting at a stool near the counter. My mom smiled.

“That’s good.” I nodded, it was good. I smiled too, making friends was always a good thing, especially in my case.

Later that night, I was on my laptop, IMing Phoebe, when I got an IM from an unknown username.

1 New Message from MitchMusso. Wish to open?

I hesitantly clicked yes.

Hey, this is Jewel, right?

I quickly typed back, Yeah. It was obviously Mitchel, as I could tell by the username. What I didn’t know was how he got my username.

Oh, good. So, we didn’t tutor today. Do you think Mr. Davis will be mad?

Uh, I don’t think so. Not if we can don’t tell him.
I noticed Mitchel didn’t type like all the other dumb jocks, he actually knew how to use words. It was a little weird that I was talking to him, but I shook my head.

Okay, good. I was worried. Uh, so…I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?

Yeah, sure.

Okay. Later, then.
MitchMusso has just signed out.

I blinked a few times, getting over my initial shock.

“That was…weird.” I muttered out loud to myself, and then shook my head again.

Great. Now I’m talking to myself.

|Mitchel’s POV|

I leaned back from the computer screen, quickly logging off of IM.

“That was…weird.” I muttered, and then shook my head. First, talking to losers, now talking to myself. This couldn’t be going anywhere good. I stood up, and then my phone rang. I sighed when I heard the ringtone. Barbie Girl. Minnie had set it herself, and it couldn’t be more ironic.

I hesitantly picked it up, flipping it open. Talking to her for a few short minutes was less painful than the harsh talking-to I would get if I didn’t answer it.

“Hello?”

“Oh, Mitchie, I’m glad I caught you. I was just thinking, you never said I love you back. Do you love me, Mitchie?” I froze, sitting down again. I didn’t really want to do this. I didn’t want to lie either, but sometimes lying is a whole lot easier than the truth.

“Of course.” I said, hoping she didn’t catch my hesitation. Apparently not, because she squealed so loud my eardrums nearly burst.

“Oh, good! Mitchie, I’ve been wanting to tell you that for so long, but I was so scared that you didn’t feel the same way. But you do, and oh this is wonderful! I have to go tell Trisha and
Lily and Emily and I’ll talk to you later, okay? Love you! Bye!” She hung up in a hurry and I sighed, rubbing my temples. Hello, headache. I sighed, moving back to my desk. I still had homework to attack.

I opened my Physics book and began reading the pages assigned for us to read. I couldn’t get through the first paragraph before the words began swimming across and off the page, mushing together to make less sense than before. I rubbed my temples, running my fingers through my hair.

I shut the book, giving up after only a few seconds of trying. This was too hard. I didn’t care if I failed the test, I couldn’t understand any of us.

Of course, if I failed the test that would be the second class I was failing. Coach would murder me. I sighed, glancing back over at my computer. I groaned, opening it and quickly typing a message to Jewel.

Hey, can you help me with homework?

She replied quickly.

History?

It’s not history homework, it’s physics.

Her reply took a little longer this time, and I was worried she would say no.

Alright. What do you need?

Do you mind if I come over? It’s kinda hard to explain over IM.


Sure. She gave me her address and I thanked her before signing off, grabbing my Physics stuff and walking towards the door to my house, explaining to my mom that I was going to a friend’s house to work on homework. She smiled, telling me to have fun, and I had to resist snorting.

Fun? With Jewel Davis?Fat chance.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know, an update.
surprising?
yes.
comments = popsicles on summer days.