Status: suspended

Did Just MR. Perfect Try To Seduce Me?

« Ch.10 »

It was a guy obviously. Or it could be also a muscular tall girl. Anyway I decided to think it`s a guy. But I couldn`t see his face because it was carefully covered with a Venetian mask.
He wore a had and a costume in warm colors such as red and orange. I would like it if I wasn`t afraid of him being a psycho murderer or something.
The stranger stopped half a meter away from me. I shivered and took a look around for possibilities to escape.
“Excuse me, who are you?”, I asked with my voice shaking
He didin`t answer and just stretched his hand to take mine. I took a step backwards.
“ Who are you!?” , I raised my voice,” My parents are at home and my father is a cop!”
Lie. Dad was working in an international firm. His only one “weapon” was the golf stick.

The stranger sighed desperately.
“ I wanted it to more romantic cause the chicks love it, but since you are obviously freaking out…”
I immediately recognized the voice even before he to take off his mask.
“Hunter?!”, I cried out with disappointment
“ And who did you expect ?!”, she shouted back
“ I don`t know. A serial killer maybe.”
“Yeah nice.”, he rolled his eyes
“ What did you come here for? What kind of games do you play?”, I sighed

Hunter snarled annoyed.
“ Obviously I came to take you to Lesley`s party. And you needed to match with my costume.”
Take me to the party? Hunter wanted to take me – the waitress, the ugly girl – to a party?
“ What kind of sick joke is this? Who gave you the right to mock with me as if I don`t have any feelings?! Or maybe you want everybody to laugh at me?”

I turned around and started to walk to the house. So far that was his worst joke.

“Hey,hey, calm down!” , he ran to me and caught my hand
“ Let go.”, I demanded
“Look me in the eyes first.”, I did what he said, “ I wanted to bring you to the party so that`s why I came, okay? Besides who would know if it`s you and me if we put our masks?”
“ And you are sure that this is not a stupid shit game that you planned with Brendon ?”, I frowned
Hunter rolled his eyes.
“I even don`t know where Brendon is.”

I decided to give a thought about this.
“So, what – coming or not?”
“ I`m coming but if it a cheap trick , I`ll kick your butt!”, I snarled in his face
He dragged me out of the lawn.
“Where`s your car?”, I asked looking around
“ Excuse me Miss I-like-expensive-cars , but today we`ll go by foot. Otherwise everybody will recognize me.”

I burst out laughing . Our great Mr. Perfect Supermodel was trying to be normal for a day.

“What?”, Hunter looked annoyed
“Nothing.”, I giggled quietly
“Yeah right.”, he shook his head as if I was insane and held my hand tighter

I have never been to one of Lesley`s parties, so that explains why I gasped when I saw so many people there.
Not to mention that I and Hunter capture the attention of the most people. All the teen were turning their heads with curiosity to see us. Thank God that I had a mask cause my face was burning.
On the other hand attention was something pretty normal for Hunter who didn`t seem to notice the whispers of the others and continued dragging me until he found a nice place for dancing.
While we were moving around a.k.a dancing I noticed Leila. She was dressed as a sexy vampire accompanied by Brendon as a pirate. The made an odd couple.
I pushed a few people to reach them. In the very last moment Hunter stopped me and whispered angrily in my ear: “ What are you thinking you are doing?”
“Saying hi maybe.”, I smacked his arm to release me
“ If you say hi they`ll recognize you.”
“ Doest it matter. It`s Sam, she is a friend.”
“ Yeah, a drunk one.”, he sighed

Then I took a closer look. Her eyes were shining unusually brightly and she was laughing like mad. Sam had a low alcohol tolerance.

“ That`s not good.”, I muttered under my breath
“Let`s get out of here.”, Hunter suggested,” It`s too noisy anyway.”
“If it`s quiet it wouldn`t be a party. And… what about Sam?”

Brendon was dragging her wherever he wanted and she was just laughing and staggering.
“ She is old enough to know whether to drink or not.”
Yeah, she was old enough but she was also crushing on the wrong guy and was making a fool of herself.
I had a really bad feeling about it. Hunter tapped my shoulder again to remind me to follow him.
I didn`t really wanted to leave her there but she wouldn`t follow me. Brendon now was the most important person in her life.

The streets were full with kids who were trick or treating. There was something relaxing and fresh in autumn night. The small town usually so boring and grey now was shining in different lights and smiling pumpkins.

“Why did bring me to the party and make me leave half an hour later?”, I asked
“ It was just a stupid party.”, Hunter took off his mask and took a deep breath
“ Well, you must have been to many parties, but I haven`t. I wanted to have some fun like the others.”

I also uncovered my face.
“So, you say I`m not funny?”, Hunter asked with a sly smile
“ Funny?”, I raised my eyebrows, “ Hell no but at least you know how to catch attention.”

Not to mention he was born for that. It was something that he made naturally.

“At least it`s something.” , he shrugged his shoulders
I laughed loud.

“Please don`t tell me that you care what I think.”
“Believe or not it`s really interesting for me to guess what you think. Besides it`s so funny when you pretend that you hate me when you`re so obviously inlove with me.”

He couldn`t possibly know that I liked him. Hunter was just bluffing without to know that what he was saying was true.
“Don`t think too high of yourself. Just because everybody loves you doesn`t mean that I should love you too”

I giggled but he gave me a smile. I could easily notice that there was something sad in it.
“To be loved by everyone is boring.”, he said scanning the whole street,” Sometimes all that `love` makes you wanna vomit and then you began to use them as they use you.”

Hunter obviously wasn`t talking to me but to himself. And still I felt sad.

“Sorry.” I mumbled not looking at him
“Sorry for what? For not knowing me earlier?”, for just a moment the good old Hunter was back
“You wish.”, I smacking him
And continued our way down the street laughing and talking.
♠ ♠ ♠
finally...