Status: Active

Say Your Prayers, You're Really Gonna Need Them.

You're audaciously gracious about this whole affair

★ ★ ★ - Indicates point of view change.

-

Harlan sat on the benches table, Ellen on the seat.

I lit a cigarette and strode over to where they were sat as confidently as I could manage.

They both looked up at me unanimously “Hello.” I said coolly.

“Ruse, have you met Harlan?” Ellen asked with her back to him giving me a wink.

“Yes, I believe I have once or twice.”

Ellen’s face fell slightly to this, I think she thought she would introduce us and get us interested in each other, boy there was stuff she didn’t know.

“But only briefly...” Harlan finished for me, a teasing smile playing on his lips.

“Well then whilst I get a drink, you two can speak maybe for longer than a brief few minutes” Ellen smiled cheerfully, standing to leave.

I smiled back as best I could but as soon as she was out of earshot I narrowed my eyes at Harlan, but he just smiled again in reply.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I whispered angrily.

“I'm afraid I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.” he replied running his hand through his hair.

“Your un-fucking-believable are you aware of that?”

“And why is that? I'm allowed to be here just as much as you are,” he replied in a bored tone of voice.

“Your friend Ellen is very entertaining; she was telling me all about you.”

“You leave her alone, you’ve got what you want don’t bring anyone else into this.”

“I wouldn’t dream of it Ruse, you're right I’ve got what I want but only to an extent. If you just stopped running away then maybe that extent wouldn’t exist and I’d be perfectly content”

His words stunned me momentarily;

“And what would I be?” I asked.

He said nothing, just looked at me deeply, until the moment was ruined by someone coming over.

“Here you go Harlan.” the boy said putting down a drink next to him.

Harlan lit a cigarette, “Thanks Matthew, I don’t think you’ve been introduced to Ruse Salvin?” He said gesturing to me.

“I'm Matthew.” he said shaking my hand.

“Hello.” I replied tersely, feeling the coldness of his hand.

“So your Harlan’s Marked, we’ve all heard your story.”

“Have you?” I replied frowning, throwing a pissed off glance towards Harlan.

“I didn’t know Harlan had friends.” I said.

“Ouch.” Harlan replied rolling his eyes.

Matthew laughed, “Well it was nice to meet you anyway, but I think we’re all going to shoot off now.”

He looked at Harlan and Harlan shook his head.

“Fair enough, I’ll tell the others you’re staying. Ruse? It was lovely to meet you.”

“Same, sorry if I’ve come across as rude I'm just rather angry.” I smiled.

He nodded with a grin before walking off.

I looked back at Harlan, “I didn’t know you had friends that were...”

“So you said,” Harlan replied cutting me off. “Even I couldn’t handle being completely alone in this world.” he said looking into my eyes.

I nodded, trying to show that I understood.

“I just need time, surely you can understand that?” I asked suddenly.

“I haven’t got time Ruse, the sooner you can just accept it and be strong, the less people I’ll have to feed from.”

“But it will fuck up my life, I won’t ever be able to meet anyone or go anywhere because you’ll always be around.”

“You won’t need anyone else.” he replied.

My head was reeling at this last comment; I didn’t know what to say.
I just stood staring with shock and anger in my eyes.

“I can’t handle this, I’ve got to go.” I said, trying to turn.

But Harlan was quick and had grabbed my arm before I could even take one step.
I turned to glare at him, what pissed me off the most is that he hadn’t even needed to stand in order to grab me, I watched as he calmly chucked the butt of his cigarette away and stood up, his hand still tightly wrapped around my wrist.

And the next thing I knew his lips were mashed against mine fiercely, one arm was snaked around my waist and the other held the back of my neck pulling me closer to him.

I just kind of lazed into him dumbfounded not knowing what to do, until
He pulled away, he keeping a hold of me tightly and just whispered into my ear,

“That’s why you will never need anyone else.” he stated simply.

And I was just left tottering from the blow and the intensity of what had just happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
-

Hey everyone, first off i want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who commented last chapter, you don't understand how much it's spurring me on!

Also to everyone who reads, if you can take a look on my comments page i've wrote a reply to a comment, i've deemed it pretty important regarding my story so it would be cool and beneficial if you can give it a look at.

And send a comment if you can cause they make me mega happy :)
Thank you!

Hope you enjoyed