Status: Active

Say Your Prayers, You're Really Gonna Need Them.

A dream of soft focus,

★ ★ ★ - Indicates point of view change.

★★★

I was immediately greeted with a small throbbing between my eyes.

I didn’t want to get up and couldn’t even begin to think about college, but looking at the clock I knew I had to get up soon or risk being hideously late.

Making my way to my bathroom I stripped out of my night clothes and stepped into the shower, the hot water making me wince.

I washed my body quickly and once done wrapped a small towel round my body and stood in front of the mirror, I looked ghastly with bags under my eyes and a waxy complexion.

I just hoped it would pass as the day went on; the last thing I wanted was to look like I was dying of a disease.

After doing whatever else I needed to I trudged back to my room, and shut the door behind me.
I was just about to remove the towel when I heard a quiet noise behind me.

I spun round only to be confronted with Harlan, he was stood behind me door with a small grin on his face.

I quickly shifted the towel, feeling the blush creep along my cheeks which was followed directly along with anger.

“What the fuck are you doing?!” I shouted.

He walked towards me, his movements making me edgy; there was something so marauding about them, to the point that they made me straighten my back immediately.

“You know, you’ve asked me that same question twice in the past 24 hours.” he deliberated.

“And yet you still don’t give me a straight answer.” I hissed, before sitting down on the bed.

He was still stood, now looking at me intensely.

“You look pale.” he stated.

“And why would that be I wonder,” I sighed sarcastically. “Anyway what are you still doing here?” I asked with a bewildered shake of my head.

“Hmm, well I thought I’d stay with you last night... maybe take you to college as I'm on my way there myself.” he shrugged nonchalantly.

“Oh... ok,” I felt a tiny pang of guilt, but it was gone as quick as it came. “Well my first class isn’t until 10.” I replied.

“I know.” He nodded before walking out and closing the door with a gentle click.

I got ready swiftly, pulling on my usual attire of black leggings and a long t-shirt before waving my hair and applying my make-up.

Harlan was waiting for me downstairs, sitting at my kitchen table and looked up as I came to the door way.

“You ready?” he asked, pushing his chair back.

I responded with a small nod which caused him to roll his eyes.

“Well then let’s go.” he said walking up to me, waiting for me to walk towards the front door.

“Did you drive here then?” I asked dumbly as we walked out towards his dark car.

“Actually no, I went to get it this morning when you were sleeping.” he shrugged, unlocking the door and sitting in the driver’s seat.

My lips formed a silent O before I did the same, allocating my seat in the passenger’s side.

As we drove I caught myself pilfering glances at Harlan, not being able to tell what he was thinking as his eyes were concealed by his dark sunglasses.

Sighing I turned my gaze to the window and the world behind it; it had just gone rush hour, there for the streets were already reasonably busy.

We drove past shops, small restaurants and bistros and when we pulled up in front of one I looked at Harlan questioningly.

“Fancy being a little late?” he asked with a smirk.

“Uh...” I shot another glance outside.

He didn’t say anything before getting out of the car and walking round to my door.
He opened it in a very gentlemanly manner.

“Live a little.” he stated before taking my hand to help me out of the car.

“I guess I haven’t got a choice.” I shrugged nonchalantly before following him inside the bistro.

The inside was quiet and could be described as quaint, with large pictures of jazz musicians and comfy looking brown leather couches.

“What are you having?” Harlan asked, snapping me out of my musing.

“Oh a coffee would be fine thank you.” I smiled.

“No food?” he asked with a concerned frown.

“I'm not really hungry.” I shrugged.

With that he headed towards the counter and I sat myself down in one of the couches, breathing in the rich heady scent of coffee beans; you’d think that working in a coffee shop would take the smells charm away but it never got old and I never grew tired.

I was still inhaling when Harlan came back and put a cup of black coffee in front of me.
“Thank you.” I said letting my eyes meet his.

He nodded “what would you say to not going in to college?” he asked with a serious expression.

I looked up and began to deliberate.

“Why...? What were you planning to do?” I asked.

He didn’t reply at first, simply leant back into his seat.

“Get away from here... and take you with Me.” he smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Subscribers and comments please?

ALSO i did a characters page, check that bad boy out ;D

Peace!