Fallen Identity

Ch. 4

Everyone was sitting at a large table. Some were polishing or sharpening weapons and others had food. Didn't they just go out for pizza? Gosh, men were pigs. Well I did fall asleep for who knows how long. Elijah must've noticed my discomfort because he said to me, "Oh, uh, here Carter. They're chairs over there. Just pull one up." I did as he said but the awkwardness was still there.
"Okay so how about a few rounds of BS?" Cameal asked, probably trying to break the silence that was imminent.
"I'm in," Raziel stated, setting down his weapon. It was a dagger and I must say that it looked pretty awesome. Oh gosh, I'm even thinking like a guy now.
"Me too," Elijah agreed.
"I'm game," I said. BS was about the only card game I actually knew how to play.
"I'll play as well," Gabriel said.
"Nathaniel? Zach? You guys wanna play? Micah?" Raz asked the three guys. I tried to figure out which one was Nathaniel and which one was Zach but it was pretty difficult seeing as how they were brothers. They looked almost like twins except one was slightly taller and more leaner than the other. I don't know why I never noticed this until now though.
"You can count us out. There are more important things going on right now," Micah stated and then stood up abruptly and left down the hallway. Zach and Nathaniel, or maybe it was Nathaniel and Zach, got up and went after Micah. Well they were surely an odd group.
I quickly forgot about those three as soon as the game begin. It seems my woman powers of lieing and decieving have come in handy today. I won 5 rounds of BS and Cameal won 2 rounds. They all seemed perplexed that I was so good. I even think Cameal whisper into Gabriel's ear, "It's like he knows."
I nearly laughed when I won the first time. I guess since I'm pretty quiet, they don't notice when I lie, which isn't a bad thing. I needed to be able to lie to pull of this off whole boy charade. I wonder how long I am going to have to pretend I'm a boy. Until they stop searching for me? Until I'm 16 and can get legally emancipated? Until I'm 18 and officially an adult?
That's going to be a long time. Why couldn't I just have a normal family? Everyone left for bed but since I already took a nap before, I wasn't tired. I noticed there was a tv and decided to stay out in the main room and watch for a while. I flipped through the channels until I found Family Guy. I remember that almost every guy watches this show, though I don't know why. It has no depth to it. Just a bunch of cartoon characters which consist of a talking dog and a evil baby.
"You sure are weird," Elijah's voice appeared behind me. I jumped and then looked behind me at him.
"How so?" I asked.
"Well for starters, your watching this show but the disgust is clear on your face. Plus, you always look like your nervous, like you're hiding something," Elijah explained. Oh no, he better not have figured it out.
"Heheh, well I hear this show is funny and I've never seen it before. And I don't want to get caught by the cops, you know, as a runaway," I quickly covered my tracks.
"Oh, well that makes sense," Elijah nodded his head, deep in thought.
I flicked the tv off and told him I was gonna go to bed and then remembered that no one ever explained anything to me. I guess I would just have to ask tomorrow.
I made my way back to my room and flicked on the tv in there and layed on the bed. I needed to catch up on all the episodes of Degrassi I missed. I definitely didn't want to be caught watching my girly drama shows so I turned the volume down so if anyone were to be listening in the room next door, they wouldn't be able to hear it.
It feels weird. Living underground. No windows. But there's air, so you can't tell that your underneath the earth's surface. I was getting bored with the tv and decided to check out the closet and dresser. I opened the closet doors to see nothing except a shelf. I opened the dresser drawers only to find nothing but in the last drawer on the bottom, I saw a latch. I picked at it until it finally lifted up, revealing a small diary. Even though I was alone in my room and the door was shut, I couldn't help but look both ways to make sure no one was watching me. I picked up the diary and rubbed my fingers lightly over the leather cover. I opened it up to see on the first page in neat handwriting:

This journal belongs to:

Iofiel Bellesa

Who was Iofiel Bellesa? The name sounded like a woman's so I interpreted that the owner of this diary belonged to a girl. I flipped to the next page and began to read.

March 19, 1965

My name is Iofiel Bellesa and this is my second day walking on Earth. I have all these strange feelings that won't seem to go away. Guilt is one of them. I feel terrible for what I have done to Micah. He got sent here to this damned world because of me.
There are others here. They've given me an offer to stay but in order to do so, I need to help them vanquish the Children of Dimoni. I agreed because I should pay for what I've done. When I got to the underground haven, the first thing that caught my attention was Micah. The anger and hatred that entered his eyes when he saw me have never left my mind since.
I must go now. I shall write when I can. If anyone shall find this, I hope this helps.
Iofiel Bellesa

Micah? Not the same Micah that was out there? Just how old was this gang? 1965? And what did she mean by this was her 'second day of walking on Earth'? And how do you get sent here? Where do these guys come from? I decided I would read a page each night before going to bed. But I knew I also couldn't ask any of the guys about it. They'll think I'm a snoop. Plus, the diary was hidden, which probably meant she didn't want anyone to find it. I put the diary back in it's secret spot then went to sleep.

"Wake up!" was the first thing I heard the next morning. I opened my eyes and waited until my vision cleared to see where this annoying sound was coming from. It was disturbing my peace.
I saw Cameal looking excited as he was standing next to my bed. He was like a little puppy. Always full of energy.
"What time is it?" I asked, not really thinking of why he was standing in my room. See? Guys have no sense of privacy.
"Time for you to get up!" He shouted and smiled. I glanced at the clock. 7:03 a.m. I groaned and dropped my head on my pillow again. This act though only made Cameal push me off the bed.
"Ow! Why'd you do that?" I screamed. Oh crap! Did that sound too girly?
"Well, were going shopping today!" Cameal smiled then frowned, "That sounded really gay, didn't it?"
"Ya think?" I rolled my eyes and stood up,"Well, I'm wide awake now, no thanks to you."
"Too bad. Just get dressed. Were getting you clothes. Baggy sweats isn't going to cut it," Cameal explained. Why does he care about what I wear? Unless he's gay and has a crush on me! Or maybe he's figured out my secret. Either scenario is going to be trouble for me.
I pushed him out of my room, then proceeded to change clothes in the bathroom. I grabbed the black hat, slipped it on my head, then went out to the main room. I saw Cameal, Elijah, Gabriel, and Raz standing by the doors all ready to go. Well they're early birds.
"Where's Micah and the other two?" I asked them.
"They don't usually hang out with us," Gabriel said.
"They go off and do their own thing," Elijah added.
"Oh," was all I said.

They took me to a bunch of stores full of skater punk clothes and then by the end of the day, I had a whole new wardrobe. Going out shopping reminded me of womanly products I needed. I'm going to have to get a job soon so I have money to get stuff before "that time of the month". Of course, my period would be the thing to give me away. Of all things.
I made sure to pick out shirts that wouldn't show the small 'rack' -as guys call them- that I had. I also got jackets to cover anything just in case. When we finally got back to the safezone, I was thinking that maybe they were trying to take my mind off the 'incident' between Kage's gang and me. But they weren't going to hold it off any longer. I was just going to have to bring it up tonight.