I know I'm not easy to love. But could you try anyway?

Rock Bottom

“Addie you’re so amazing…I can’t believe I’ve never noticed you before.” I smiled hearing this. I raised my arms up and wrapped them around Caden’s neck and gave him a peck on the cheek. And then…I woke up.
I sat up in my bed “Another dream.” I whispered. And I just listened to my alarm clock ring. I was all ready for school and was going to walk right out of the door and the unthinkable happened. My little sister started singing. “Addie and Caden sitting in a tree. K-i-s-s-i-n-g.” I stopped in my steps to look at her smiling. I just told her to shut up and bolted out the door due to me being late to the bus.
I was walking down the street peacefully listening to my iPod until I saw the bus coming up the street. My heart skipped a beat and I ran as fast as I could to catch it. But I was too late. Well I guess being late one day won’t hurt. At least it’s a nice day out. Of course I jinxed myself. Not even five minutes walking it started to downpour.
I got to school (finally). I was drenched but in time for the second half of English. I was walking down the hallway and I noticed a group of girls hanging out near the stair case. I pretended not to notice them. “Hey who took you out of the zoo?” one girls yelled at me. I ignored them. I kept walking and I felt a hand grip my shoulder. “I was talking to you dog girl!” The girl said to me. “Ok?” I said casually. The girl pulled her hand back about to punch me and I closed my eyes getting ready for the hit.
Nothing happened. I looked and I saw Delilah holding the girl by her hair. “Are they causing you problems Addie?” she asked me. I nodded. Delilah threw her to the ground and all the girls ran but one. Delilah walked to the stair case. “What the fuck are you going to do pull my hair?” the other girl said to Delilah. Delilah looked at her with a smile. “Hey wanna know my favorite quote?” the girl looked at her strangely. Delilah kicked her down the steps and said “This is Sparta!” And she ran to me. “Let’s go to English.”
My day went on normally as usual. And it was 12:30 time for lunch. I usually ate my lunch in the bathroom because all the others make fun of me in the lunch room. I was in line to get my lunch. I was walking out to leave with it until I felt a foot trip me and my face fell onto my tray. Everyone in the lunchroom stared at me. The person who tripped me was the girl who was kicked down the stairs. “How’d you like that bitch?” She said. I just began to cry and ran out of the lunch room.
All I could think about is how much I hate it here and everything. I ran down the hallway hoping no one would see me. I ran hoping to find one soon until I felt a hand on my shoulder. “Need a hand?” I recognized the voice as Caden. I just stood there looking at the floor crying. Caden gave me a hug and said “Everything will be ok you’ll see.” And he walked me to the bathroom and waited for me to wash my face. When I came out he smiled. “I’m not going to talk about it. Only because I’m sure you don’t want to. So if you ever need anything or just someone to talk to you can always talk to me.” I smiled at him and he gave me another small hug. He started walking away but before he left he turned around to look at me and said “You know once when you hit rock bottom. There’s no way but up. See you in plumbing.” He continued walking.
I felt so much better. I never thought that I’d ever form a somewhat friendship with someone amazing like him. Lunch was over so I went to my last class of the day. All D-block Caden and I would have some small talk during class time. I never wanted class to end. But once when the bell rang I went straight home to write in my blog about my day not being able to keep Caden out of my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are loved