Status: Slowly getting back in to the groove of updating

Arranged Marriage to My Enemy? Holy Shit!

Chapter 13

Jack Daniels wasn't as ignorant and oblivious as everyone thought. He knew that Ricky hadn't just been an actor or a fake. He had been the real deal. And all it had taken for Ricky to capture him was for Rain to make him angry enough to leave her protection.

How wonderful that turned out. What if he would have just left alone the subject of Ricky altogether? Would he still be here right now? Would Rain have moved them out of the country to lay low for awhile so Ricky couldn't find them? The name K12 thumped loudly in his head. K12 was hands down the most deadliest gang in the entire world. Even if they changed location and appearances, K12 would most likely find them in a heart beat.

But then again, was Rain so committed to leaving as he had assumed? Ricky was her past she kept saying, but every time he talked to her she seemed to stiffen up and relax at the same time. Did Rain still have feelings for Ricky that she'd just ignored, buried deep beneath everything else that she is? Is that what Ricky meant when he'd said I didn't know her at all?

"It wasn't pleasant, or it wasn't particularly terrible. I got more time tacked on to the end for fighting though. Girls should realized that picking on the new kid is the stupidest thing they could ever do."

"Well, if I remember correctly, the guards didn't like the way I kept giving them dirty looks, so they came to me cell one night and tried to....force me to do something I was never do. Long story short, only one person walked out alive. You can guess who that one person was."

"If someone was hurting you, threatening your life, would you....Do I even have to ask that question? I really shouldn't have to. All I did was protect myself from people who turned out not to pure in what their job and intentions were. That's all."


Part of me wanted to know more about Rain because it just simply amazed me, and the other part wanted to know because it would be excellent material to use against her. We are, after all, enemies. Why should we be nice to each other? Rain is a murderer, along with her ex-whatever Ricky. Taking human life is wrong, no matter how you look at it. Killing people is wrong. End of story. But part of me could understand why Rain had killed. If someone was threatening my life I would do everything in my power to stop them.

And most of what was happening could be traced back to me. Rain's entire life was the result of something that I had done to her in Kindergarten. If I wouldn't have spanked her she wouldn't have ran outside, in turn never meeting Ricky under that tree. One action I committed when I was young and stupid cost someone to ruin their entire life. What if I wouldn't have taken that stupid bet? Didn't she know that everything at that age should have been taken as a joke? With being young comes great ignorance and naivety. Did Rain not realize that I would never have done that bet now that I knew better? Yeah, we were enemies given that, but I'm not a complete asshole. Even I have my limitations.

It made my headache worse to think about what I'd said to her, when I'd spoken to Rain in spanish. Every word said I meant. Just because we were enemies didn't mean that the sacred rule of marriage should be broken. Enemies aside, I would never forget that we were now engaged. Yeah, we would most likely still be just as mean to each other now as to when we were officially married, maybe even more so, but that didn't matter. Ricky had stepped over a boundary line which had triggered something animalistic and protective inside of me.

Because I knew. Before I knew I was engaged to Rain, I would have never done any of the things I'd done in her defense. But now I knew, and therefore I felt obligated to protect her from outside forces. I wanted to protect her. I haven't hurt her like I usually do since it was announced that we were engaged. Believe it or not, I have a belief system, and at the top of that list is never hitting my wife. Ever. Rain could beat me up, kick me, cut me, shoot me, and I'd never do anything to physically harm her because she is my wife.

And that kiss. What the hell had I been thinking? Even now, my lips still tingle from kissing the side of that mouth. Anything that I said to Rain out loud was because we were enemies and she annoys the shit out of me. But if we had a moment to say things off the record, our "niceness" not being heard or recorded by any others, I'd say that Rain was beautiful. Rain was scary, strong, beautiful, and rough. She was extremely intelligent, and was naturally good at anything she tried. And even though I hate to admit it, even to myself, I'd liked the kiss a lot. But only because I was a guy with hormones.

But all of that would be said off the record. No matter what Rain is like, we still hate each other. As soon as this whole ordeal is settled, they would go back to yelling and screaming at each other. After all, it didn't even seem right that they would be getting married, let alone being nice to one another. When corpses rise from the ground and start their own clothing line. When vomit can me used as medicine. When the core of the sun exploded and killed everything within a million light years radius.

All I have to do is stay calm. Rain will come and get me soon. Had I not been so angry at her for not telling me more about her, I wouldn't be sitting tied up in a room, with someone coming and punching me awake every 15 minutes. It was her fault that I was in this situation. If she would have warned me about Ricky and his K12 gang coming to abduct me, I probably would have stayed closer to her than the clothes on her back. But no, Rain likes to keep things to herself. That has always been her way.

Ricky had just chuckled and left as soon as I had been secure in the van. We'd driven northwest in to Maryland, in to Baltimore. How did I know we were in Baltimore? Because of the radio. They'd blind folded me in the van to prevent me from seeing the roads they were taking, but I wasn't so keen on knowing them in the first place. There was no doubt in my mind that if I tried to escape they would kill me on site. And I wasn't about to try my luck with K12.

K12's main headquarters had been underground, which I hadn't expected. I'd expected an abandoned warehouse like you see in the movies. Man, had I been wrong. They'd kept the blind fold on until they'd thrown me in a room. We'd winded through too many passages for me to remember, even if I had that skill. And now I sat in the middle of the blank concrete room, my lip busted, and the entire left side of my face swelling up. I was pretty sure my shoulders were out of socket, and my left ankel was badly sprained.

Throughout everything that has happened in my life though, I don't regret it one bit. As I lay here tied up, I have two things on my mind. One being: Where the hell are Ricky and Rain? The second one being: When will I get to exact my revenge on her for dragging me in to this mess?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm am deeply sorry it takes me so long to update. Good news: It's almost summer time! Which means I absolutely will update more! I hope you enjoy this chapter! When I get home from school today I will try to write another chapter!