Sequel: Prince In Distress

Princess Crashing Down

Chapter 1

Morning:
I walked through the open doors of the high school. They were strong and tall. I felt they were made of a blue-ish steel. I walked hand in hand with Marissa who was sniffling every few seconds, each time making a new remark toward the hot guys hanging out near the lockers. I wasn't holding her hand because I was scared. I was holding her hand because she was. We walked gracefully, like super models and flashed our glassy eyes toward every boy we saw. We were doing great until one of the paused, then turned around to follow a step behind us.
After a few seconds, “Issssabellla… he’s following us.” I pursed my lips and let go of her hand. I had to go my own way eventually. I smoothed the billowy bottom of my shirt and let out a breath.
“That’s what we get.” She said sarcastically when I didn’t answer.
“Shut - up, Marissa.” I was screaming under my breath.
“My god!” her voice trailed off because she turned around in a blur to get in the stalker’s face. ”Why the hell are you following us?”
“Well well.” He smirked and circled around us. “We have some spoiled, little freshman this year.”
I shot forward and Marissa grabbed my arm. “Me! What about you?” I was fuming now. One of the worst things about me is that I get angry so easily. Marissa let out a nervous laugh and gestured toward us leaving. She pulled me along and smiled our fake, plastic smile we always show when we’re embarrassed or lying. The fact he continued to stand there, teeth showing, and watch us made me anxious.
“What’s wrong with you? He’s a soph-more!” The smile was gone.
“Eww!” I backed out of her grip.
“Come on! What were you thinking when we first saw him?
“That he’s hot.”
“Exactly!” She gave me a then-shut-up look. She saw how sorry I was trying to be and changed her mood automatically. She could do that. I always thought she was some sort of wizard by the way she could be anything she wanted- happy, angry, depressed, etc. "I'm sure there are pleeenty of other hot guys here!" She pushed up her boobs and walked away.
I laughed and strutted in the other direction. I stopped at my locker, smiling big, and twisted the lock around getting to know my combination. A jock came around the corner and slapped my ass. I turned around surprised and saw his face. His cheeks were full and his chin was sharp. He had a matte of dark hair and shining green eyes.
"What do you want?" I shot at him with an attitude.
"Baby, the name's Josh!" He put down his head and looked up at me laughing.
"Josh?" I said in a disguised tone. Although I really wasn't. He was strong and handsome. I couldn't peel my eyes off of him for a minute.
"There's a party..."
My eyes grew wide. A party on the first day of school? Was he asking me to go with him? I decided not to say anything, just play hard to get and bat my eyes.
"You should come."
My face grew interested. "A party. With you. I'll think about it."
His eyes fell. "Oh, well. I know I'll see you there."
"Probably."
"Fine, if we're both going the same way why don't I take you myself?"
"Fine." I blew him a seductive kiss and walked away. I had no idea where I was going, but I had to act cool, so I just walked down every hall until I was near a janitor's closet. No one else was around, so I pulled out a plastic mirror and checked every part of my face. My skin was flushed and my hair was almost white in this lighting. I sighed, but in a good way.
A crash boomed from a few feet away and I shot toward it. It was a lanky boy who's books had been knocked to the floor. I bent down to help him pick them up.
"What do you want, princess?" Great -I got the only headstrong dweeb in the school.
"Excuse me, but I was just trying to pick up your books!"
"Yeah and throw them in the trash."
I arced an eyebrow at him. "Really then?"
He shook his head angrily. I saw the nametags on his books. Apparently his name was Charles Hampton.
What was I doing? I was trying to look good in front of this kid. I straightened up and put my hands on my hips. "Bye dweeb."
I walked away with pride, but then he grumbled under his breath. "Fuck you too, princess."

Lunch:
"Oh my gawd! Did you know that there's a par-ty tonight?"
I folded my hands under my chin and marveled at my moment to be better than Melissa. "I was invited."
She sat down with a mouth-full of rice. "Oh yeah. I saw you talking to those two dweebs earlier. What gives?"
I knocked that remark out of my mind and stayed smiling. "No, Melissa. FYI, a j-o-c-k is driving me there."
Her face froze in horror. "A jock?"
I just shook my head in pleasure. She perked up. "Maybe you can ask if I can come with!"
"I don't think so." I shook my head and got up to empty my tray.
"How can I believe you?"
"Want proof?"
"Duh!"
I swirved around the tables, shaking my ass and pulling my hair out of my face with my fingers. I intentionally walked past him and just as I had planned, he grabbed my waist andpulled me back. He sat me on his lap and whispered into my ear.
"Play it cool tonight. Stop being so hard to get."
I laughed as if he said something sexy and amusing, but I really wanted to punch him in he mouth. I finally remembered to check Marissa's face and just as I had planned again, she was amazed. We all knew who the hotter one was. I had always just been a bit prettier than her, although she is beautiful. Her face is thin and she has an olive tone. Her eyes are blue and her hair is a burnt orange. She has thick curls that curve into her neck, which is thin and strong. Her lips are small and almost red instead of pink.
I looked down at him as if he was just lucky to have gotten me so quickly. "I'll see you tonight."
I got up, off his lap and broke free of his grip. I looked back to wave and left the cafeteria.