Fly With Me

Peter Pan And Wendy Turned Out Fine

Ellen goes fine and at last it’s over and soon I’m leaving the set with Paul, and we’re heading to the stage to see the rest of the family. I walk down the huge stadium to see what it’s like and watch as the stage turns slowly- something the boys have always loved. Laughing lightly, I step carefully down the many steps, enjoying a minute to stretch my legs, and hurry down.

“Hey, gorgeous,” Nick smiles as he finishes tuning the piano- again, of course- and nods his head for me to come on up and over. Still smiling, I set down my sweater and purse to join them on stage. “Ellen go well?”

“Yep,” I nod. “But it’s still really weird for me to sing,” I add.

“You’ll get used to it.”

I roll my eyes and punch him on the shoulder. He pretends it hurts and sits down on the bench, sliding over to provide me some space. “So…” he trails off for a moment. This shows he has something he wants to talk about, but doesn’t know how to. “Did you eat yet?”

“Breakfast,” I nod, and check the time at his troubled expression. “Oh! Wow, is it… my watch…?” I glance at him uncertainly, and look back at my watch. I have the hardest time understanding these. But I can’t recall if I changed the time from the time zones. Did I? Is it even working? I’m not sure, so I tap it curiously. Well, it’s moving, but…

Nick chuckles. “I fixed your watch on the way home last night, remember?” His hands fiddle with a few keys on the piano. “So yes, it’s seriously nearly two o’clock, and so you need something to eat. Mom made her yummy pasta and garlic bread for us an hour or so,” he prods.

“Yum,” I sigh, leaning my head on his shoulder. “I missed the real warmness of it, though. But I’ll get some,” I say quickly. “I just want to spend a few minutes with you,” I smile slyly, and kiss him right on the corner of his lip.

He groans. “You’re such a tease,” he laughs lightly, and pulls me closer for a real kiss.

“Ewwww,” Frankie walks by. “Why don’t you two grow up?”

We turn to stare at him, then burst out laughing. Nick shakes his head. “He sure is one of a kind.” I nod in ready agreement. “So, you singing tonight?” He asks hopefully.

“Eh,” I shake my head. “Already did some today. And I need to work on another song, apparently, to finish my um, record… thing.”

He nods. “Need any help?” He offers, ready to be of service. I glance up with a smile, shaking my head as I fiddle with his unruly curls, not yet styled by professionals for the day. It’s nice of him offering him help, but people are quick to judge and they’ll say I’m leaning so much on them. And while I am, I’d like to do what I can on my own.

“I’ll figure it out tonight,” I promise and stand, pulling him up. “Anyways, are you guys ready for tonight? I wish I could be there.”

“Me too,” Nick grins, twirling me. “You look like such a dancer,” he murmurs.

“Oh really?” I pause and give him a look. “Well, I did do ballet as a child. Not that I remember anything,” I laugh, shaking my head as I recall the memories. “Our teacher hated me, though I can’t recall quite why. But I didn’t care for it and finally, I believe I was kicked out.”

“Ouch,” Nick winces.

I wave my hand carelessly. “Doesn’t matter. I never liked those shoes. They pinch like crazy. Unlike these,” I lift up one of my boots, balancing myself on one foot carefully, “are so much comfier- and I can wear socks in them!”

“Are they my socks?” Nick asks suspiciously, seeing my grin.

“Nope,” I laugh. “Not this time.” I put my foot down and nearly step on my own foot. “Oops. Hm. Anyways, I can already imagine tonight, you know, coming out in mist and all…” I trail off, slowing down as the stage keeps turning.

My mind goes blank and my hands go out, searching for something, suddenly recognizing this feeling. My heart beats quickly then skips a beat, and I feel like I’m under water. Someone calls my name, but that’s the last of it.

“Cicily? Cicily!”

“Huhn… fine. I’m fine,” the words escape from my lips immediately as I open my blurry eyes, clumsily glancing around. “I…”

“Stay down,” Nick commands, shaking his head. “Dang it, I knew- I should’ve just taken you, you already looked pale, and you hadn’t eaten for so long, and who knows how much water you’ve had! This is all my fault, I-”

I manage to slap his forehead. “It’s my fault. I’m sorry,” I smile weakly and rub my forehead, wincing. “As always. I… I’m sorry, Nick. I thought…”

Slowly his muscles relax and he manages a foolish smile. “Yeah. Well, we just need to get better at this, right?” I nod, closing my eyes for a moment to stop the head ache. “Okay, let’s get you up.” And slowly, carefully, he helps me stand with his arms wrapped firmly around my waist for balance.

My heart’s beating a little funnily as I concentrate on getting my bearing again as I stand. No longer do I feel like I’m underwater, my head swimming, but I’m still staggering for balance. After three steps, Nick picks me and gives me a pointed look, but he’s still got a small smile. “Come on. We have some food backstage.”

“Sometimes I feel like the diabetic,” I murmur. “But I’m not, and I shouldn’t do this to you.”

He shakes his head. “My levels are fine, Cicily. I’ve got my whole family, plus the crew to keep reminding me every hour and everything. You, however, are a quiet little mouse who stands in the shadows and distracts people with your beauty so we all don’t pay enough attention.”

I open my mouth, but my stomach growls for me. Smiling sheepishly, I close my mouth. “Thanks,” I say finally, resting my head against his shoulder.

After a moment, we step into the room, big enough that his whole family is in there for a break. They get all concerned, seeing him carrying me, but I manage to convince them I’m mostly fine. Well, just enough that they give me a cold rag and lay out a plate of microwaved lunch for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, how was your holidays? stay up till midnight, at least?

i did....

and just before, i was in the snow [but home now in better weather, lol] and slipped on the ice so there's a big golf-ball sized [well, bigger] bruise on my arm where i landed.... stupid ice. but i did go ice skating too, yay! i once took lessons when i was like....six.... :D but i don't really remember anything. hmmm

comment, please???