Fairy Dust

A faint voice not above a whisper

Franks POV
(Recap)

I gripped my bucket when Mr. Way asked about Gerard. The doctor looked grim, all doctors look like that good news or bad. They have no emotion.

“Well, we don’t know.” said the doctor. Mikey looked like he was going to throw up again. His parent’s faces fell. I didn’t know what to do.

“Could we go see him?” I asked. The doctor looked at his watch and sighed.

“Fine, second floor, room 268.” Then he stalked off to the cafeteria. Unreal a person could have such little emotion. Mikey and I took our buckets with us as we went up in the elevator. A man in the elevator didn’t look so good when we stepped inside, probably from the stench of our sick.
We stepped off the elevator and found Gerard’s room, room 268. I heard a small laugh from within and Mikey threw the door open to see Gerard’s eyes just closing.

“My baby!” squeaked Mrs. Way and she ran to Gerard’s side and hugged his pale vampire like face. Mikey gagged into his bucket but nothing came up. I wanted to do the same but sadness filtered into the room. The scents of death more like. I stuck my head out the door to see doctors wheeling a body along. The body covered with a white sheet. I gulped down my fear. There was another, another body with a white sheet. What was happening here? Was this what I thought it was the floor for the people that will die here? Was the morgue just around the corner? Tears welled up in my eyes. I tugged on Mikeys shirt but before I could speak, I threw up in my bucket again. Just thinking about it made me ill.

“What?” Mikey whispered. Before I threw up again I spoke.

“This is floor for the people who will die; I bet the morgue is just around the corner!” I pointed to the hall where the bodies were being wheeled. Mikey poked his head out and covered a gasp with empting his stomach. How could we loose so much at one time? Did our stomachs have never ending sick?

Mikeys POV

Frank and I both began to sob and I showed my parents what was happening. My mother began to cry but my father, he didn’t even try to side the tears. Gerard was going to end up like the people under those sheets, I just knew it! The voice in my head was screaming at me that Gerard was going to die but I tried not to give up hope. Frank fell to his knees and just cried. A doctor came over to ask if anything was wrong from our tears. My dad shook his head but asked her to take our buckets away. We were to empty to puke anymore.

“What’s up guys?” a faint voice came from behind us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??