I Don't Believe In Fairytales

Doctor

I was happy to find out that Brian still drove like a crazy madman. We got to the club in less than half the time it should've taken us. I was actually happy about Brian's nonchalant attitude about nearly killing me now.

As I stepped out of Brian's car, I immediately started looking for any familiar faces. I frowned as I didn't see any. The guys knew the guy that owned the club. They were probably already inside taking some shots.

I nearly jumped, when I felt someone wrap their arm around my waist. I nearly screamed, when I saw that it was Brian.

I glared at him, and he just shrugged.

"You do want to get in, right? You just gotta use me for a while." He said smirking. "I'd rather wait in the line than have you wrapping your dirty arm around me," I muttered.

His smirk just got even bigger.

"I don't see you trying to get my dirty arm off of you. Besides Jimmy would kill me, if I let you wait in line. So get this through that pretty little head of yours, we're going in together."

I quietly mumbled some comebacks that he wouldn't hear. It made me feel a little better about myself, considering my situation. I couldn't believe that I was using this jackass to get into a club.

I growled as I felt Brian's grip on me get even tighter, as we walked up to the club's doors.

The bouncer and Brian talked for a while, catching up. I guess Brian just had to know every single person he came into a five feet distance.

I just hated the fact that both Brian and the bouncer completely ignored my existence the whole time they were talking. Rude asses.

When they were finally done talking, I was annoyed to say the least.

I pushed Brian off of me, and I made my way into the club. I could hear the bouncer making fun of Brian as I did.

The lights weren't crazy in this club, which made me happy. I didn't really want to have a seizure in the middle of the dance floor.

I couldn't tell if it was Usher or Ne-yo playing, but it definitely had mostly girls dancing.

I looked around, hoping to see someone I knew, but I couldn't find anyone.

I groaned, and I made my way over to the bar, hoping that someone would just show up eventually. They were probably on the dance floor or something.

I ordered a Shirley Temple. I didn't really feel like getting drunk tonight. I just wanted to not be bored in my apartment for another night.

I smiled as I heard "Candy man" come on. I swore that this had to be one of the weirdest songs. To me anyways.

I slowly sipped on my kiddie drink, as I continuously hoped that someone I knew would come by for me.

"Hello, gorgeous," someone said.

I half-expected it to be Brian, so I immediately had my angry face on. As soon as I saw it wasn't him, I felt bad.

The guy already looked scared. I bet he thought I was some man-hating woman now. I wondered if he was still planning on hitting me.

He did look nice too. He didn't look like the type to be in a club. He looked like someone that was a lawyer or a doctor, something professional.

His black hair was pushed back. It wasn't too short or too long, and it didn't look dirty.

He had dark blue eyes, and they looked so pretty.

He was probably an extremely good catch for someone like me. He looked good, he hit on me first, and he was still standing there as I stayed silent.

"I'm sorry I thought you were someone else," I said.

He smiled at me. He even had nice straight teeth.

"That's alright. Were you expecting one of your ex's?" He asked me. I shook my head.

I didn't want to tell some stranger that I didn't even have one ex to loathe. Johnny was my only ex that I had, and I absolutely loved the shorty.

This doctor would probably think that there was something wrong with me. Of course there is something wrong with me. His name was Brian.

"Well, that's good. So what's a pretty little thing like you doing by yourself?" he asked. I just shrugged.

I wasn't one used to being hit on by some random guy in a club, so I was never sure on what to say to these weird guys that did come up to me.

I smiled at him, hoping it would tell him that I wasn't trying to be cold to him.

"Are you not used to men coming up to you?" he asked. "Actually yes," I said smiling.

I liked him. He knew how to read people. He was probably gonna be a very interesting person to talk to.

"Well, that's good. I'm not used to hitting on women. So you won't know the difference, if I'm doing this completely wrong," he said smiling.

He wasn't a womanizer either. This man was probably sent from the Heavens. He was a perfect man.

"So what's your name, doctor?" I asked. "You can tell?" He asked, shocked.

I shrugged.

"You look like the type to be one. It's not a bad thing, of course. You kinda look uptight honestly," I said. "The name's Patrick. I've been a doctor for two years now." He said.

He held out his hand, and I slowly took it.

"My name is Jennifer. I am currently not sure what exactly my job is right now," I said happily. He had a confused look on his face.

"What do you normally do?" he asked. "Usually I follow my big brother's band around the world. I'm kind of like a roadie to them." I said, shrugging.

"Did they just get back home from tour?" he asked. I nodded.

"I would love to get your number," he said. "I would love to give you my number, doctor." I said slowly.

Now outside, I was trying to be as calm as I possibly could, but on the inside I was freaking out.

I was actually giving my number out to someone. Even better, I managed to have an interest in someone that wasn't in a band. He was a doctor. I knew that Jimmy would like that.

He handed me a pen, and I took his hand once more. I quickly scribbled my number down, and I gave him back his pen.

"Well, Jennifer, I will definitely see you around." He said. I waved bye to him, and I watched him walk away.

I guess tonight wasn't a complete waste of my time.

I nearly fell over as someone jumped on my back. They were laughing.

"Alyssa," I said happily. "Girl, I saw you talkin' to that guy! You gave him your number too. Woo, my baby sister isn't gonna be lonesome no more!" she shouted.

I guessed as much that she had far too many shots tonight.

She got off my back, and she leaned on the bar.

"So tell me, was he really a doctor? Brian looked at him, and he was being all stupid, saying that he was probably some stuck-up doctor or lawyer. It was so stupid." Alyssa said quickly.

Brian got all pissy 'cause some doctor was talking to me?

I nodded happily.

"He's been a doctor for two years now. Did you get to see his gorgeous eyes?" I asked. "No, but what color were they?" She asked.

"Blue," I said sighing. She smiled at me.

"Jen's gonna have a doctor boyfriend!" she yelled.

I just smiled. I did want to have my first boyfriend that wasn't some musician that was just as bi-polar as any other girl.

"Where's everyone else? I've been waiting for you guys to find me this whole time," I said. "We were all dancing, sorry. I think Johnny boy and Lacey are back together again," Alyssa said annoyed.

I guessed as much that everyone was tired of Johnny and Lacey breaking up and getting back together.

"Did they yell all night and finally forgive each other enough to dance?" I asked. She nodded. "They had to have a few drinks in their systems, but yeah that's what happened... again," she mumbled.

"Babe, I need you!" Jimmy yelled. "Gotta go. Your brother wants to dance some more, I guess." Alyssa said.

She ran over to Jimmy, and they ran all the way to the dance floor.

I groaned.

I've been left at the bar again. I pounded my head against the hard wood.

"Don't do that. You hardly have any brain cells to kill off," someone muttered.

I groaned even louder. I didn't want his company. I'd rather be chatting with the hot doctor than him right now.

"Do you find it funny to make fun of me?" I asked, looking up. Brian smirked at me.

"Pretty much," he said. "Go fuck yourself," I said angrily. "Did that this morning. It was lovely by the way. In case you wanted to know," he said happily.

There was no winning with this guy.

"Can you take me home?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Please," I asked.

I was reduced to begging now.

"So how was that chat with the faggot doctor?" Brian asked. "Why? Jealous?" I asked, smiling. "Of course not. He just looked like he was stuck-up," Brian said quickly.

"So will you take me home? Please, Mr. Ass?" I asked. "Dance with me, and I'll take you home, princess." He said.

I shook my head.

"I don't dance," I said slowly. "Yeah, I know that. I've known you a while now. So c'mon, dance with me." He said.

He held out his hand to me.

"Just one dance," I asked. He smiled, and he grabbed my hand and took off.

In an instant, we were on the dance floor. Brian looked slightly disappointed as a slow song came on.

He grabbed my arms, and he put them around his neck. He put his hands on my waist.

I felt like my brain had completely exploded. I wasn't sure on what to do or think right now. How was I suppose to react to this whole situation?

"Lighten the fuck up, princess." Brian said. "Shut up, I didn't even want to dance," I whispered angrily.

"Aren't you so adorably awkward?" he teased. I rolled my eyes.

I looked over to my right, not wanting to make eye contact with Brian.

"Look at me, Jen. I know you want to," Brian teased. I bit down on my lip, but I looked at him.

He was smiling at me. He looked so pretty. His brown eyes were looking into my eyes.

I could feel my heart pounding so fast. I bit down harder on my lip.

A million different thoughts were going through my head. I should kiss him. I should tell him that he looked gorgeous. I should just keep on dancing. I shouldn't say a word.

I loosened up my arms, and I eventually unwrapped them. Brian took his hands off of my waist.

I looked at him one more time, before I walked away.

What was I thinking?