Words I Might Have Ate

Moving Closer, A Kiss We'll Share

Mike had called Mark and told him he was spending the night, along with me, and Mark didn't have a problem with it at all. I really felt out of place, but I had to be there. Actually, I didn't necessarily have to be there, but you know what I mean. I had to go where Mike went, since I was currently living with him, and my Mom was out on the loose.
After Mike had come back into the garage, Billie Joe came in shortly after. I wondered what he was doing, but then again, didn't wonder.
I thought Mike was gonna go home to get clothes and stuff, but he didn't. He said he could just borrow some of Billie's clothes. That made me kinda mad because I needed to get my clothes. He said I could wear his though. Psh. Like I want to wear his stinky, sticky, sweaty shirt.
"I'm fucking starving," Tre groaned, plopping down on the couch next to me.
"There's no food," Billie sighed, sitting on a box full of... stuff. "My brother and step-dad... and me ate it all."
"Let's order a pizza or something then," Mike suggested. Mike batted his eyelashes at Billie Joe, who rolled his eyes and nodded.
"Yay! Pizza!" Tre cheered. Pizza did sound good, and I was hungry.
"Little Caesar's delivers, right?" Mike asked. Billie Joe shrugged and I shook my head.
"Dominos is better." Tre nodded.
"Okie doke, Dominos it is." Billie Joe stood up from the box and pulled out his wallet from his back pocket. He had a chain wallet. It was cool. I wanted one. He opened it up and frowned.
"I don't have any money." Tre and Mike groaned. "Wait, I could call my Mom and use her credit card." Tre and Mike perked up at that. I did a bit too. Billie went out of the garage again--obviously going to use the phone.
"It's hot in here," Tre whined. "I'm going inside. You guys coming?" Me and Mike looked at each other and nodded. We got up from the couch and all went inside the house. We paused when we were in the kitchen, then continued into the living room. Billie Joe was in there, pacing back and forth while on the phone.
"She picking up?" Tre asked. Billie held up his finger and continued pacing. I sat down on the couch in front of the Tv, and Mike and Tre joined me on both sides. I looked to each of them and wrinkled my nose.
"You guys stink." They just smiled and shrugged.
"Aw, do we repel you from us?" Tre asked. I nodded and tried to scoot over, but then I would have just been closer to Mike. Tre wrapped his arm around my back and pulled me closer to him.
"Eww, now I smell like you, and I'm all wet," I groaned. Tre just smiled. I felt myself being jerked sideways and Mike's arms were now wrapped around me. "Damn it Mike, now I have your sweat all over me."
"Hey Mom," Billie started on the phone. "Hey, me and the guys wanted to get some pizza, since there's nothing to eat in the fridge."
"Mike, let me go," I hissed. Mike sighed and released me from his grasp. I was all covered in their sweat now and stunk. "Ew, I need to take a shower."
"Okay, thanks," Billie said, hanging up the phone.
"Can we get pizza?" Tre asked. Billie nodded. "Call Dominos then!"

About 30 minutes later, our pepperoni pizzas had come and were just about gone after we got it. The guys were really hungry. I had like, two slices, so you do the math on how much they had each.
We were all in the living room with the pizza boxes on the floor in front of the couch. Tre was on the floor in front of the Tv, which was showing that show Roseanne--Billie Joe said he didn't like that show--while me, Mike, and Billie Joe were on the couch. Actually, Billie was upstairs somewhere. Me and Mike were left on the couch.
"Are you ever gonna bathe?" I asked him.
"Showers are overrated," he simply said. I rolled my eyes.
"What the fuck is Billie doing?" Tre asked. "He was supposed to bring down a movie."
"He's probably dropping the kids at the pool from all the pizza." I giggled at Mike's innuendo. He could have just said 'taking a shit.' It wouldn't have made a difference to me.
"He better hurry up. I gotta use it."
"Tre, there is another bathroom, remember?" Tre sat up and looked at Mike quizzically.
"I forgot about that." He jumped up from the floor and went to the restroom. Me and Mike were now left alone.
"You guys are really awesome, you know that, right?" Mike smiled and nodded.
"Yeah. We're gonna be even more awesome tomorrow night." I smiled and nodded as well.
"You're a good bass player Mike." He grinned.
"The best one in Oakland. At least the best one who's band doesn't have a record deal." I giggled and nodded. We had this really weird moment where we stared into each other's eyes. His were blue like mine, except mine were more of an ocean blue. His were like a crystal blue. They were beautiful, nonetheless.
"You have really pretty eyes Carrie." I smiled and felt my cheeks burn.
"Thanks Mike. You have really pretty eyes too." He smiled also. We started to move in closer to each other, which was kinda weird.
"You're really cool too." We continued to move in closer and I'm sure we had these drone type looks on our faces.
"You're really cool too Mike." Our faces were just inches apart, which meant our lips were inches apart.
"I'm back guys!" Tre called. Me and Mike quickly broke our stares and acted like nothing was going on at all. Tre just stared at us. "Did I miss something?" Me and Mike quickly shook our heads. Tre cocked an eyebrow at us. "Okay... I'm gonna go see what Billie boy's doing. Don't convert into bunnies, okay?" Me and Mike quickly nodded. Tre went up the stairs and me and Mike looked around the room awkwardly.
"... You want another slice of pizza?" he asked. I quickly shook my head. "... Sorry Carrie." I looked at him strangely.
"For what?"
"For what just happened." I raised an eyebrow with a smirk playing at my lips.
"You're sorry that we... almost kissed?" He nodded. He was so sweet. Such a gentlemen...
"Yeah, cause we're in your ex-boyfriend's house, which is my best friend, and I know you still love him, and here I am, coming onto you on the couch, where I'm sure you guys did some weird stuff, and maybe had some memories, and we're--" I cut him off by attaching my lips to his. He was so sweet, it was funny.
We didn't French kiss, or anything. It was just a lip massaging thing. No tongue. I could tell Mike was surprised at first, but then he relaxed and went along with it. It was like a four-second thing. Nothing too serious. We pulled away, and Mike had a questioning look on his face.
"What about--"
"If he's gonna be how he is, I supposed I can move on."
"But Carrie, he still likes you."
"Then why won't he ask me back out?" Mike shrugged. "Exactly." I heard footsteps bounding down the stairs, and me and Mike quickly scooted over again. Tre and Billie Joe appeared at the foot of the stairs.
"What were you doing man?" Mike asked casually. Billie Joe shook his head and picked up the almost empty pizza box from the floor and went into the kitchen. "What was Billie doing Tre?" Tre shrugged.
"I think he was looking for something, or something." He shrugged again to get his point across that he didn't know. Mike just nodded slowly.
"What time is it?" I asked. Mike checked his wrist and his eyes widened in surprise.
"Wow. It's already 7:30. We must have practiced for a long time." Tre nodded.
"What time is it?" Billie Joe asked from in the kitchen.
"7:30!" Mike replied. Billie Joe came out of the kitchen, wiping his hands on his pants.
"Shit, we gotta clean the house. My step-dad will be home soon." I looked around and saw that the house did need some cleaning to be done. Pizza crumbs, other food crumbs, and just... crap cluttered the floor. The floor needed vacuuming, and the kitchen also looked bad.
"Great. I stay over to get away from chores, and I still have to do chores," Tre groaned.
"It's either this, or you get your ass kicked out." Tre sighed.
"What do I gotta do?" Billie looked around for a minute, then shook his head.
"Um... you can't vacuum without getting in a fight with it... I don't trust you with the dishes..." He thought a little bit some more, then finally came to a conclusion. "You can sweep the kitchen floor." Tre sighed and nodded, then shuffled into the kitchen.
"Mike, can you vacuum for me? Please?" Mike sighed and nodded. He got up from the couch and Billie Joe went back into the kitchen. I just sat there, wanting to help, but not being able to, cause I wasn't assigned a position.
Mike came back with a vacuum cleaner, and plugged it into a socket in the wall.
"I'm guessing you do this often?" I asked, raising my brow. He nodded.
"Its become habitual, you could say."
"What can I do to help?" Mike shrugged.
"Um... just sit there." I sighed and put my feet up on the couch. Mike turned on the vacuum and began vacuuming. It was a funny sight--seeing a guy vacuum. I didn't see many guys ever clean. I wonder what Tre looks like sweeping... Hehe. Funny sight.
I saw Billie do the dishes a couple of times when we were dating. I helped him a couple of those times too, so he could get done, and we could have time to ourselves. Of course, all we would do was make-out and just talk and stuff, but we enjoyed that time to ourselves.
After about five minutes, Mike was done vacuuming, and he plopped down next to me on the couch.
"Was it that hard?" I asked.
"Anything that requires me to stand up and push something heavy back and forth gets tiring." I smiled and shook my head.
"That's why you gotta get some meat on those bones Mike." He just smiled. Tre came in from the kitchen and groaned as he fell on the couch next to me.
"Never agree to sweep a dirty kitchen."
"Bet," I agreed.
"Billie still doing the dishes?" Mike asked. Tre nodded.
"He fucking begged me for help, but I was like, 'hell no.'" Mike chuckled and got up from the couch.
"I'll help him then."
"God, you're just Mr. Clean, aren't you Mike?" I teased. He smiled fakely and flicked me off, then walked into the kitchen.
"So, uh... what--" I held up my hand in front of Tre's face cause I already knew what he was going to say.
"Don't ask Tre."
"Who said I was gonna say anything about you and Mike?" I rolled my eyes.
"That was obvious right there." I heard a small clicking noise and turned my attention to the door. "Uh oh..." The front door opened, and in came Billie Joe's asshole step-dad. He kinda groaned when he saw me and Tre. I hated him, and he hated me, but not as much as I hated him. Billie Joe would go on, and on about how he and his step-dad didn't get along. I never really got tired of hearing it either.
"What the hell are you two doing here? I thought he dumped you anyway." I frowned and glared at him.
"He didn't dump me. I...broke up with him." I didn't like to put it as 'dumped' because I still loved him, and 'dumped' made it sound like I just threw him aside. Brad, Billie Joe's step-dad, stomped into the kitchen, and yelled, "What the hell's going on here?" I didn't want to hear an argument, but it was kinda hard not to.
"What?" Billie Joe countered. The walls were very thin... not to mention, the kitchen door was open.
"Why are your friends here?"
"They're staying the night! Mom said they could!"
"These damn dishes were supposed to be done before I got home!"
"We're doing them now, so deal with it!" He always stood up to his step-dad. That's what I loved about him. He could stand up to authority, and here I was, running away from my problems. He was so brave, and I was a coward. I heard a dish slam in the sink, and me and Tre jerked our heads up.
"... He probably dropped a dish in the sink, or something," Tre assured me. I nodded uneasily. "I'll go see what's up." Tre jumped up from the couch and walked into the kitchen also. I was left alone on the couch in the living room, wondering what the hell was going on in the kitchen. Brad wasn't one of those closet assholes. You know, the assholes who were only assholes when they were alone with the people they hated. He was a public asshole.
Mike and Tre came out of the kitchen with scowling faces. I gave them questioning looks, and they both pointed upstairs. I nodded and got up from the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Father-son drama. Lame. I didn't realize how much I disliked this story until I started editing it to post it here. These beginning chapters suck. The later ones are better.