Words I Might Have Ate

Welcome to Paradise

After breakfast, me and Mike went into the hallway and hung around the bathrooms. Well, made-out by the bathrooms. He had me pinned up against the wall and shoved his tongue practically down my throat. I don't know what got into him, but I liked it.

"Hey, none of that," someone yelled down the hall. We stopped, then he turned around, grabbed my hand and pulled me in the direction he started running in. I only laughed.

"Mike, I don't think they would've busted us."

"Hey, remember you have those two counts of PDA with Billie?" I nodded. "One more, and you're busted."

"Aww," I smiled. "You did that for me?" He nodded. I kissed him again and slowly backed him up against the wall.

"HEY!" I recognized the voice so I didn't panic, but finished kissing Mike, then turned around.

"Hey Tre," I smiled. "And Egg and Pepper."

"Why are you guys doing that out in public?" Pepper asked with her hand on her hips. "You should be in a custodial closet."

"That's what I suggested!" Mike grinned.

"Carrie's just a puss," Egg smirked. I glared at him.

"Am not, faggot. I don't wanna go in one of the custodian's work-spaces. It's kinda creepy... and you have no idea what they do in there anyway. There could be skeet all over the floor, or something."

"They're custodians though, so they would clean it up," Tre added. I laughed.

"Disgusting... custodial lesbian sex," Egg shivered. I only laughed a bit more.

***

It was almost the end of the day, and I couldn't wait. The whole day went by so slow, and I think it was because Billie wasn't there. Most likely... It was weird not seeing him in my classes. I know it's no different from him being absent like any other day, but it was different because I knew he wasn't coming back. It was weird, as I said before.

I wonder how his Mom thought about him dropping out... I betcha anything she was gonna make him get a job and move out, hah. Actually, it's not that funny, cause I knew Billie, and it took him forever to do anything. And I'm pretty sure Ollie would be plenty serious about it and would try to force him out. Guh.

Anyway, I was in study hall, waiting for the bell to ring. Earlier, Mike was talking about going to visit an old friend of his across town. I didn't deny it because it meant a nice ride for me. He said he also had a couple of errands to do, so yeah.

The bell finally rang, which I was happy about. I gathered my paper and pencils and eagerly walked out of the classroom. Instead of waiting for Mike in the hallway, I went outside to the front steps. I wanted him to look for me... and I just felt like being outside.

Everyone was pushing their way through everyone to get to their cars. The buses lined up at the back of the school. I was in the front, duh.

I spotted a couple of familiar heads walking through the doors and sighed. Jimmy's Mohawk wasn't hard to spot at all, and Mike's blonde hair stuck out like a sore thumb. I eventually saw Pepper and Tre walking with them.

"Hey guys," I smiled and waved. Mike looked like his heart had been crushed.

"Why weren't you inside waiting for me?"

"Because I wanted you to look for me for a change." He smirked. "So we're still going to your friend's house, right?" He nodded.

"You're going where, and why wasn't I invited?" Tre asked, hands on his hips.

"Because you don't know my friend."

"So? Neither does Carrie," Tre pouted. I patted his shoulder and gave him a big hug.

"I'm sorry Tre. Next time though, kay? Why don't you walk Pepper home?" He gave Pepper a smirk and wiggled his eyebrows. Pepper only giggled and nodded.

"Yeah Tre, walk me home. I don't think my parents are home either." Tre jumped out of my hug and grabbed Pepper's hand.

"Bye guys." I only laughed.

"I'll catch you guys later. Peace." Jimmy gave us the peace sign and began walking home. Tre and Pepper also began walking, hand in hand. Mike pecked my lips while I wasn't paying attention, and was startled a little bit. He gave me a weird look.

"So... do you wanna continue what we started in the hallway?" he asked. I smirked.

"Maybe..." He smirked as well and reattached his mouth to mine. I put my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer to him. I traced little circles on the back of his neck, which drove him crazy. He then separated his mouth from mine and shook his head.

"I don't wanna stop, but we gotta."

"I'm pretty sure your friend won't mind if we're a little late."

"No, not that... I don't wanna get hard and get blue balls." I laughed.

"Aw, I'm sorry. Okay, let's go." I held his hand and led him to our new rental car. I opened the door and slid into the passenger's seat while he did the same in the driver's seat. Once he started the car, I turned on the radio and turned it to a station that was tolerable.

"So what's your friend's name anyway?"

"Well, his name's Casey, but everyone calls him Smoke." I let out a small laugh.

"And how do you know him?"

"We go way back... I met him through Mark." I nodded slowly. I had been a while since we found out about Mark's death, and Mike seemed to be taking it pretty well. He hadn't been freaking out and stuff like I thought he would. If it were Billie Joe, hah. He'd be in the nuthouse.

I started thinking about what Mike said yesterday... about him not being ready to say 'I love you' to me. I wasn't ready to say it to him either, which made me wonder why I did in the first place. When you're drunk, you're often truthful. That's why I didn't understand why I said it to him.

I tried to not think about anything that had happened in the last two days and tried to enjoy the ride. I stared out the window at everything we were passing by. We didn't leave our area much, so this was like an adventure to me. We were going across town to see someone I didn't know. I didn't exactly know why we were going though. It was just nice to leave everything behind for a little while.

I wanted to ask why we were going, but I also didn't want to break the peaceful trend of the music softly playing out of the radio. I had a smile on my face the whole time we were driving.

I saw Mike look at me out of the corner of my eye a couple of times, probably wondering why I was smiling. I was only smiling because I was content for the moment, and I liked being that way.

After about 30 or so minutes, I believe we arrived at our destination. Mike had slowed down to about 15 miles per hour, often a neighborhood speed limit. Plus there were a bunch of houses down the streets we were driving down.

The houses were all beat up and broken in. It looked like a crackhead neighborhood. But with a name like Smoke, I wouldn't doubt that he either was a crackhead, or lived in a crackhead neighborhood. I was definitely gonna stay close to Mike when getting out of the car.

A few hobos and a mangy looking dog were pushing a shopping cart down the sidewalk. I couldn't help but snicker a little. It was a tad bit cliched... and not exactly something I saw everyday. I did feel bad for them, but it was still a teenie bit funny. Gah, I sound horrible.

The radio was now playing The Dead Kennedys "Holiday in Cambodia" and I hummed along a bit. I had to. Mike was humming as well.

"Okay, we're here," he sighed, pulling over on the side of the road in front of a house that looked slightly better than the others, but not much. The yard was at least in tact. Mike kinda smirked at me and chuckled a bit. "Don't be scared Carrie. It's an old neighborhood."

"Why would I be scared?"

"Because I saw your expression. There are a couple of weird people that live here, but not really weird people, like... serial killers, or rapists... well, not many rapists." I rolled my eyes. "Just stay close if you don't feel safe, kay?"

"Planned on it," I mumbled, opening the passenger door. Mike shut off the car and opened his door as well. Smoke seemed to know we had arrived and walked out of his house with a big grin.

"Michael!" He stretched out his arms and gave Mike a big bear hug, practically crushing Mike's tiny frame. Smoke was a buff guy, about as tall as Mike, but really buff. I held in my laugh. It seemed funny to me--this buff ass guy hanging out with a scrawny kid. "It's been too long."

"Yeah, and you still can't remember to call me Mike." Smoke let out a hearty laugh, then a phlegm filled cough. He then turned to face me. "Ahh, now who's this little lady?" I waved a bit.

"This is my girlfriend, Carrie."

"Ahhh, well how do you do Carrie?"

"Fine," I smiled awkwardly. I was trying to be polite though. I then started to wonder if Smoke had ever met Billie Joe...

"So how you been Smoke?" Smoke sighed and shrugged.

"Business is going good, if that's what you mean. Not much really going on. I get a few chicken-heads, and jackasses, but other than that, I've been chillin." I snickered under my breath. Mike nodded slowly. "You guys wanna come in instead of standing around out here?" Mike nodded and I followed closely behind him while he followed Smoke into the house.

The house smelt like cigarette smoke, beer, and dog food. I'm hoping he had a dog. The couch looked tattered and the Tv looked ancient. There was a baggie of a weed on the table in front of the couch. He was either smoking, or was about to smoke.

"Ooh, weed," Mike grinned, sitting on the couch and practically helping himself. Smoke walked into the kitchen, I'm guessing. "This is what we're here for, if you were wondering." I raised my brow in surprise and annoyance and glared at him.

"We drove all the way across town for weed, which you could've gotten from a friend that lives down the street from us?" He shrugged and nodded.

"It's good shit. Smoke grows his stuff in his backyard."

"More like cemetary," I hissed. "I don't really like being around here. It scares me a little bit."

"Carrie, I've known Smoke since I was like, 14. He's a good guy."

"What the hell is a chicken-head, exactly?" I questioned. Mike smiled.

"Carrie, calm down. We're just gonna chill for a while, then we'll be outta here, okay?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter's kind of random... but it contributes to what goes on in the next one, and the one to follow that...

Feedback is appreciated! (though I haven't gotten any for the past two chapters of this story...)