Words I Might Have Ate

This Is How We're Supposed to Be

"Hey, where's that other fucktard who broke my Tv?" Tre asked, putting my guitar next to the couch. Everyone shrugged.
"I think he went upstairs," Dustin answered.
"That dumbass better not be in my room," Tre huffed, quickly going upstairs. I laughed lightly and made room for myself on the couch next to Jimmy, who was next to Pepper, who was next to Chris, who was next to Mike, who was next to Dustin, who was next to Gina, who was next to Brett. Don't even ask how the hell we all fit on a three-cushion couch.
"This is uncomfortable," Mike gasped. "I need air."
"Ow, ow!" Pepper yelped. "Jimmy, you're squishing my boob!" Jimmy just laughed, as well as everyone else on the couch, which caused us all an equal amount of pain in our rib cage area.
"Don't laugh, dumbasses!" Pepper scolded. We quieted down into giggles, which was weird, cause guys sound funny when they giggle.
"So... since the Tv's broken, what are we supposed to do?" I asked, gasping a bit for some air. Everyone shrugged, which felt like the couch vibrated.
"I could go home to watch Tv," Mike shared. "But that'd be boring by myself."
"I wonder where the dickweeds are," Dustin... wondered.
"Probably fucking," Chris replied. Oh, and just so you know, Dustin and Chris aren't brothers. Just real good friends. I thought it may have seemed like it. I heard groaning from behind us, so I tried the best I could to turn my head a little bit around.
"What's wrong Tre?"
"Damn Billie. He's fidgeting around with shit like he's a fucking squirrel." I got up from the couch since I couldn't stand being squished any longer. Everyone sighed a bit in relief.
"He doesn't normally wake up this early," I commented, crossing my arms in confusion. There was a very dead silence after I said that. I noticed everyone was giving me the 'what the fuck' look, so I had to quickly think of something that didn't seem like I was only talking about Billie Joe.
"Speaking of which, why the hell are all of you up so early?"
"Oh, we did a bit of speed last night after you left," Jimmy explained. I gawked. "We didn't wanna go sleepy sleep." He then smiled innocently and I glared at him, as well as the rest of them. "What? Your ex brought it over, so don't kill me with your eyes."
"Yeah," Gina agreed. "He's a little speed freak." He wasn't when we were dating... At least I don't think he was. Only Mike would know. I didn't like him doing shit like that.
"If it helps, I didn't do any," Mike smiled sheepishly. I rolled my eyes.
"Well duh, you were with me." Dustin, Chris, Tre, Gina and Brett all gave me a weird look with a raised eyebrow, then looked at Mike the same way.
"Nothing went on guys," Mike sighed. "I think I passed out before she did." I nodded.
"My dad was so pissed when he saw Mike, so that's why I'm gonna be staying with Pepper. He also wants me to switch schools, and I say fuck that."
"No! You can't switch schools!" Jimmy whined. "It'd be boring without you at The Wall!" Pepper cleared her throat and glared at Jimmy. "Except for you Pepper," he smiled sheepishly. "And Dustin and Chris... And Tre." Billie Joe came bounding down the stairs wearing nothing but his black and blue plaid boxers.
"Why's he in his boxers?" I whispered. Everyone shrugged, then I head some 'oh's. I looked at them and they all looked around the room like they didn't know anything.
"Um... what's she doing here?" Billie Joe asked, scratching his chest. He had a red mark right above his belly button, and I swear I saw a bit of blood. Probably injured himself while breaking the Tv.
"She's staying with me, dilweed," Pepper answered to his question.
"Well," Dustin sighed, getting up from the couch. "I'm gonna go guys. I'm kinda bored and not in the mood for drama."
"I'm coming with ya dude," Chris added, also getting up from the couch. They waved to us and both walked out the door. Now it was just me, Pepper, Brett, Gina, Tre, Mike, Jimmy, and Billie Joe, who was looking around the room in confusion.
"What's going on?" I asked the five on the couch, and the one standing.
"Whatcha mean?" Tre asked giddily.
"Jimmy, when does this shit wear off?" Billie Joe asked, rubbing his face. I gave Jimmy a puzzled look and he shrugged.
"Uh... I don't know. It wears off when it wears off." Pepper sighed and got up from the couch, then came over to me and pulled me into the kitchen.
"What the hell's he talking about?" I hissed.
"Calm down paranoid one. Jimmy brought some acid over last night, and the dumbass was the stupidest one to actually do it, besides Jimmy. I guess he's still trippin' on it." I groaned and shook my head in disgust. And now Jimmy was getting him into acid. Perfect.
"Why do you care anyway?" Pepper asked.
"Because! I do still care about him, you know. I don't want him doing that shit."
"What about Jimmy?" I rolled my eyes.
"He's fucked up enough. It's too late to stop him."
"Well you can't tell him anything. He'll just say some stupid shit in your face and get you pissed."
"I'm aware of that Pepper. I'll get Mike to say something to him." Pepper snorted.
"You can't get him to say something to him. Mike does it too, occasionally." I furrowed my brow.
"How do you know?"
"Billie told us last night. Along with Tre." I rolled my eyes.
"You were all drunk and high last night! And Billie was having an acid trip!" Pepper groaned.
"Carrie, just drop it. It's their decision to do it. They're dumbasses. Just leave it at that." I huffed and turned to leave out of the kitchen. Billie Joe was now on the couch, sticking a piece of cushion from the couch, in his belly button. I tried hard to hold back my laughter, cause he looked so retarded, yet adorable at the same time.
I think everyone else was trying hard not to laugh also. Pepper had stopped right beside me and clamped her hand over her mouth. After a while, we couldn't take it anymore and burst into laughter. Billie looked at all of us like we were psychotic and held his ears.
"Stop screeching!" he wailed. We laughed even more at that.

A couple of hours later, Billie Joe was back to normal, which means insulting me every ten minutes, and being his pricky self again. Jimmy had gone home, saying he had to hide his stash before his dad got home. Now it was just me, Brett, Pepper, Gina, Tre, Mike and Billie Joe.
We didn't really do anything. We just... didn't do anything. I don't know how we passed the time. Tre and Gina had went upstairs to 'clean the bathroom.' What a stupid excuse. Tre made it up, of course. Pepper and Brett went in the kitchen to 'make some sandwiches.' More like, 'do the family jam.'
Mike, me, and Billie Joe were just in the living room... staring at the floor. I felt really awkward being around Billie Joe. He kept giving me dirty looks. I saw Mike elbow him in his rib, but still, it was awkward. I kinda wanted to go back to Pepper's house now because of all the awkwardness.
"So..." Mike sighed. I just stayed silent... along with Billie Joe. "... This is awkward." I rolled my eyes. Billie Joe just got up from the couch and went somewhere in the house.
"It's not so awkward anymore," I sighed. Mike nodded.
"That's for sure." I sighed again. "Sorry Carrie."
"What for? You didn't do anything."
"I'm sorry for getting you in trouble with your dad."
"You mean more trouble," I chuckled.
"Yeah..." I smiled.
"It's okay Mike. I was gonna get it anyway."
"Probably not as bad if I wasn't there." I shrugged.
"I'm used to it. My dad freaks out over the littlest shit, and he won't even give me a chance to explain."
"That's stupid. Well, I'm saying sorry anyways. About getting you in trouble, and about--" I put my hand in front of his face.
"Don't even say sorry about Billie Joe. You really don't need to be sorry about him. He's a dumbass, and it's his decision to do whatever he wants, and I can't say shit to him because we're not dating." Mike smiled sheepishly at me.
"You know, don't you?" I nodded. "... Does that make me a dumbass as well? I don't like that shit. I only tried it a couple of times, and it worked way to well with me. The second time, I almost jumped off a bridge." I gasped.
"Where were you when you tried it?" I asked, puzzled.
"At home." I raised an eyebrow.
"Maybe it was a couch, or something, and you thought it was a bridge because you were hallucinating." Mike looked thoughtful for a minute, then shrugged.
"Mike, come on, we're leaving." I turned around and saw Billie Joe fully clothed, along with his shoes. His blue converse... I had gotten those for him for his birthday. Wow. I didn't realize he still wore them. I thought he might've thrown them away or something. Then again, I was still in the shirt he bought me too.
"Um... why are we leaving?" Mike asked, turning around also.
"Because, we have to be around our own species," he said looking directly at me. Mike looked at me as well, then back at Billie Joe.
"She looks like us, except she's got boobs." I think I may have blushed a bit at that. Was he looking at my chest? Hehe... I think he was. Billie Joe glared at Mike.
"Let's go Michael," he ordered through gritted teeth. Mike shook his head.
"Nah, I think I'll stay here. I don't like being around you when you're in bad moods. You get all... moody." Billie Joe glared at each of us one more time before stomping out of the house and slamming the door. Now it was just me and Mike... if you count the two couples in the kitchen and bathroom.
"So you'd rather stay here instead of going with your best friend?" Mike nodded.
"He can get annoying sometimes, you know? When he's mad, anyway. When you guys were dating, he was fun to be around. Now he's just a moody prick." I nodded.
"I know. It's my fault for that too." Mike shook his head.
"No it's not. He's not used to girls breaking up with him. Especially when they dated for seven months."
"And two weeks and five days," I added quickly. He looked at me strangely and I just shrugged. Is it weird to know exactly how long you went with someone?
"How the hell do you know that?" I shrugged.
"I was keeping track." Mike laughed.
"Damn. I couldn't even remember my girlfriend's middle name." Girlfriend? I didn't know Mike had a girlfriend...
"You have a girlfriend?" I asked in curiosity. He shook his head.
"I did. She broke up with me and moved to Los Angeles." I smiled and tried to hide it.
"Oh, I'm sorry Mike." He shrugged.
"It's okay. She was a bitch anyway." I chuckled lightly.
"Sorry my dad scared the shit out of you." He shrugged.
"He didn't scare me all that much. Try hanging out with Billie and Tre everyday, doing stupid shit just for the hell of it, and you'll meet some pretty interestingly scary people." I laughed and nodded.
"Try hanging out with Pepper and Jimmy everyday." Mike laughed and nodded.
"Yeah, Pepper's a riot." I nodded and rested my head on the cushion of the couch. We just stayed consumed in each other's silence, occasionally hearing giggles and voices from upstairs and in the kitchen. We also heard banging noises and knew that was coming from upstairs. We tried to hold in our laughter, but kinda failed.
"Isn't it better to do it at night?" I asked, giggling. Mike nodded.
"I guess they don't care." I laughed and nodded. I then quieted down again and stared at the broken television set. "You and Billie never had sex?" Mike suddenly asked, which kinda shocked me.
"What made you ask that?"
"You asked, isn't it better to do it at night, so that obviously means that you've never done it if you have to ask that." I stared at him blankly.
"You over-analyze stuff." He shrugged and I sighed. "No, he and I never had sex."
"Wow... no wonder why he's so angry." I rolled my eyes.
"Trust me, he really wanted to, but I'm not ready for that, you know?" Mike nodded. "I'm guessing you're not a virgin?" He shook his head. My eyes widened in surprise. "You are?" He nodded. "Wow."
"Don't tell anyone though," he smirked. I nodded. "Oh, damn. I gotta get home."
"Why?"
"I gotta feed Gravy." I nodded. Gravy was Mike's gray kitty. He was cute, but kinda mean. I liked him. "And do all the other shit I gotta do." I nodded again.
"Okay. I'll just wait 'til Pepper and Brett get done in the kitchen." He laughed lightly and got up from the couch, looking around the room.
"If they get out of the kitchen." I laughed also and nodded. I watched him in curiosity as he lifted things up and continued looking around the room.
"Whatcha looking for?" I asked.
"My shoes." I frowned in confusion and looked at his feet. His shoes were there... on his feet.
"Um, Mike?" He turned around and looked at me in a 'huh' sort of way. I pointed to his feet, and he looked down, then started laughing.
"Oh, wow. I'm fucked up." I nodded and he went towards the door, then waved at me. I waved back and he walked out. Great. Now I was alone by myself with two couples having sex. I guess I'll just watch the broken Tv.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you've seen Live Freaky! Die Freaky! then you'd know what that 'family jam' reference means.