La Vie En Rose

Did I get the job or not?

Chapter 1

“Good thing you came on time,” the woman led me down a hallway. I didn’t know even if I got the job she just seemed relieved that I was there. She rambled on about how they were behind schedule and she was due for her plane any minute.

We met a couple of people on the way and she said their names but it didn’t register, I was trying to figure out if I got the job or not. Then she tapped on a door and it swung open. We entered without anyone paying attention the make up girl just looked at me and left. Didn’t even bother to be polite.

“Alright here we are,” the woman said I had forgotten her name, so I just nodded. “I’d like you to meet your boss, hey, this is Jackueline,” she said and my new boss turned around.

When I had read the paper about being a PR to a movie start I never knew who it could be, I had been very desperate for a job, so it didn’t matter. But this went beyond my wildest dreams. There stood James McAvoy, he had a lazy smile on his face.

“Nice to meet you,” he said in a very sexy accent, but I kept my cool.

“Yeah you too,” I said as his current PR was handing me a PDA and a blackberry and basically her whole purse. I just nodded and listened carefully trying to stop my mind from fantasizing about James as he told me to call him.

“Oh, my purse is so much lighter,” the woman said, I remembered her name being Miranda or something of that sort, as soon as I had met her she left. To be free, she was going on vacation for a month, I knew this job was temporary but I was going to enjoy it.

“So, where do you want me to start?” I turned to James who was about to change his shirt.

“I don’t have any pressing matters at the moment, go get yourself something to drink and get acquainted with the schedule it’s all written down,” he un buttoned his shirt and I did everything I could to look up at his face. I had succeeded. “I’ll find you when I’m done this scene,” yes, I was free to go and hyper ventilate in peace.

I left the trailer and followed the smell of coffee, it was pretty cool, I didn’t know what movie they were doing but it was exciting to be on an actual movie set. It might ruin my idea of movies but still it was pretty cool.

I poured myself some coffee and found a spot to sit. I looked through the schedule. It was packed he even had time written down to spend with his wife, but as I looked for the next month it wasn’t much, most of them were public appearances. I dinner here or there, I instantly felt sorry for her and thought how sad it must be to eat alone every night.

Shooting was done from 6 am sometimes going to 11pm, I knew I had a long road ahead, but trying to get into the business of entertainment took every bit of someone’s, commitment and concentration. I’m not a trying to become an actress, the glam isn’t for me. I’m more a behind the scenes kind of girl. I write, a lot but I love it.

I was there for about an hour trying to get everything to work for me, with the PDA and the blackberry, I had them figured out when I shadow blocked my view. “How are you handling that?” I looked up and there stood James.

“I’ve got it almost figured out, how do you like your coffee?” I asked and pointed to the cup in his hand.

“Don’t worry about it, I’m not going to make you do that. What’s in store for tomorrow?” He sat down opposite of me. His fore arms resting on the table.

“Let’s see, we have to be here at 7 am, you’re doing page 3 scene 6, then at 12 you get a break for lunch and keep filming till midnight, then there is a party, but I can cancel it for you, if you’d like?” I didn’t look up at him but kept scrolling through.

“Why would I want to cancel?” he leaned back in his chair studying me.

“Because I got a hold of the script and it looks like you have a lot of action scenes, it would take a lot of energy, not that I don’t believe you are capable of doing them, but it’s the first day you have off the day after tomorrow, so you might want to relax instead of dealing with a hang over,” I said in one breath and I realized I was rambling.

“Smart girl,” he smiled and took a drink of his coffee.

“So I should cancel?” I asked as he stood up.

He nodded then as he turned to walk he stopped and looked at me, “How did you know what we are filming tomorrow?”

“I asked the assistant director, he was very friendly once I told him who I was. I thought it would make you more prepared,” I said trying not smile, I was pretty smart and I was glad he noticed that.

“Good, good,” he said to himself more then to me as I saw the AD coming to get him to shoot then next scene.

I leaned back into my chair and smiled to myself, this was really good. I was off to a good start, now waking up at 6 am to make it to the set, now that was going to be a problem. Besides that not thinking about James’ sexy eyes was going to kill me, since he’s been my secret dream lover since I was 19.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you guys go, something new, done in a different style then my own.
So let the good and bad review rip, I'm ready for it (I think)
<3