Status: Finished

First Impressions

XI

So far today, Jack has been verbally and physically abused.

When he walked into homeroom, paper balls were thrown at both him and Alex, and once they got to gym, that’s when the physical stuff came in.

They had to run a mile, and during that mile, Jack was tripped countless times. He’s starting to wonder if this was worth having Alex being not mad at him. When he sees Alex at lunch, he knows the answer.

“You have a black eye,” Jack points out, and Alex nods enthusiastically.

“I know! John punched me after Physics let out. The teacher didn’t even say anything!”

Jack frowns and pushes Alex’s hair out of his eyes so he can get a better look at the bruise forming. “If you put ice on it, maybe it won’t be too bad…”

“I’m fine… But what about you? Are you dealing with this okay?”

Alex is nervous, Jack can tell. He’s nervous that Jack is going to say no, and that this is not worth having Alex as his boyfriend.

“Well, it sucks, but whatever.”

He hears Alex let out a dramatic sigh and can’t help but laugh to himself.

“Hey dudes.”

Rian slams his lunch tray down on the table beside Jack and Zack proceeds to do the same. They sit, and only then do they notice Alex’s eye.

“Wow. That’s gonna be a bitch,” Zack points out.

“Yeah. I know that thanks.”

“Who gave it to you? John?”

“Yes.”

“Oh.”

The four of them remain quiet for a minute, before Jack nudges Alex with his knees.

“Oliver’s here.”

Alex ducks his head down and Jack can see the fear clouding his boyfriend’s eyes. He wishes there were something he could do, but there really isn’t – unless Jack wanted to die at Oliver’s hands.

“It’s okay… I won’t let him bother you here,” Jack whispers. Only after Alex smiles does he realize the promise he just made.

Alex sits up straight and Oliver waves at him from across the cafeteria. Alex throws him the finger and goes back to eating. That’s when Jack realizes something.

He just fell in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
5 comments and you get the next chapter (:

<333

Oh, and I'm open to requests. I can do whatever all time low pairing you want... whether it's slash or not. leave a comment here or on my profile (: