Status: Finished

First Impressions

XIV

“Is this everything you need?”

“Yeah… I think so… Did you put the sunscreen in?”

“Yeah… 80 SPF. I don’t want you coming home with a sun burn.”

“Mom! I don’t need 80!”

Alex’s mom laughs and shakes her head. “I was kidding. It’s 35 SPF. Not 80. You better come home with some color… you’re a little pale.”

Alex frowns. He never thought he was pale… “Whatever. I’ll probably be ten times darker when I get back.”

“Well, it’s Hawaii. That’s what happens, isn’t it?”

“I guess so…”

He smiles nervously. His mother notices.

“You’re nervous. Why?”

“I don’t know…” He sits down beside his mom on his bed. “I don’t know what’s going to happen…”

“You’re going to go to Hawaii. You’re going to have a fantastic time with your best friend.”

“But he’s not just my best friend! He’s so much more…”

Alex’s mom smiles and pushes his hair away from his eyes. “You’re too grown up, suddenly. I miss when you were a little boy… Things were easier back then, weren’t they?”

“I guess…” Alex replies with a shrug. He looks over at his bag which is packed and ready for when Jack shows up. His mom is driving them to the airport.

“Well, I’m going to go downstairs. I’ll call for you when Jack gets here.”

Twenty minutes go by before he hears his mom call out for him from the living room. He rushes downstairs and sees Jack with his mother standing in the hallway.

Jack beams at him and waves. “Hey.”

“Hi.”

The fact that his mother is with him is a good sign – Jack was telling her that he’s gay, last time Alex checked. He guesses she took it rather well, considering the smile on her face as she chats with Alex’s mother.

Jack takes the five steps towards his boyfriend and plants a short kiss on his lips. Alex stands there, completely floored.

“I- she-?”

Jack smiles at Alex’s inability to form a complete sentence. “Yeah. She kind of knew all along… Why did everyone know before I even did?”

“… I don’t know, it’s not like you were obvious,” Alex says, thinking that a little white lie wouldn’t hurt.

“Whatever…. We’re going to have fun.”

“I know. As long as I’m with you I’ll be having fun.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for suchhh a long wait - I've been busy

So tell me what you think... it'll be ending soon!

and while you're waiting for another update, i have 2 new slash stories going on - one Jalex and a zack/jack one.

go check them out!!!