Status: Finished.

Play Dead

Three

---Meagan's POV---

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all other people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you


I spent sometime with my son, and sighed cradling him in my arms. “I really do need to tell Matt.” I looked at her with a sour expression.

“Hey Mae.” Brian smiled as he walked back into the room. I smirked and looked up at him.

“Hey Bri.” I nodded as Damien fidgeted in my arms.

“Matt told me he wanted me to give this to you.” He said handing me a piece of paper and looked to Jimmy. I gulped and pulled open the folded paper and read the message. “Meet me upstairs.- Matt.”

I smirked a bit before closing it back and looked down at my dark haired little boy. “I should probably go alone.” I replied.

“Yeah, we can watch him.” Jimmy smirked. He knew what was going on- something was set up.

“I’ll be right back.” I said to Damien kissing his cheek, he giggled and I smiled. It was the only happy thing in my life right now. The only thing that could make it happier is if I actually got to speak to Matt.

I sighed climbing the stairs wondering what all this could mean. Once I got to the open door there was a pen and a piece of paper sitting on the bed. I looked down at the paper in my hand before sitting on the bed. I picked up the pen and had the sudden urge to write. My hand trembled quickly and it traveled across the paper. “I’m sorry.” It read. I looked around and scrunched my eyebrows.

“Who’s sorry?” I asked allowed. My hand started to move again at a steadier pace this time.

“Vallery.” I read it.

Suddenly I heard a familiar deep voice and my head shot up, I kept feeling chills but I was distracted. “Zack, dude what the hell?” Matt shouted as he was being dragged to his room. I stood up placing the pen and paper down and saw Matt standing before me and Zack slam the door behind him. Matt slammed his fists into the door. “Let me the fuck out you mother fucker!”

“Not a chance Mattyboy, not until you two talk.” Zack shouted through the door.

“God damn it you asshole!” He fumed turning toward me and sitting in front of the door. “I don’t wanna hear anything she has to fucking say.” He mumbled to himself.

“You know I’m sitting right here.” I folded my arms.

“Well I still don’t want to fucking talk to you.” He grumbled, burying his head in his hands. We sat there in silence for over an hour before I finally got enough bravery to talk. Whether he excepted it or not, he had every right to know about his son.

“You don’t have to talk, all you have to do is fucking listen.” I stood up walking toward him.

“Okay, so what’s this worthless piece of bullshit you’re going to feed me?” He scowled removing his hands from his face.

“Do you want to know the real reason I left you?” I replied meekly.

“Yes.” He gulped slowly, his Adam’s apple moving as he watched my every move. I kneeled in front of him running my hands through my hair, should I just come out with it or should I build up to it?

“I was pregnant Matt.” I mumbled covering my face with my hands, so he wouldn’t see me cry.

“You what?” He sat up grabbing my wrists.

“I had a son, I had our son two years ago last week.” I dropped my hands from my face.

“Why didn’t you tell me Meagan?” He took my chin in his hand. His hazel eyes searching my pale blue eyes for something, something he wanted to know.

“Because you were just getting famous Matt, and you were so excited I couldn’t deny you of your success.” I sighed. “I wanted you to be happy.”

--- Valery's POV---

I watched the interactions between the two of them, and I could tell that they loved each other, and I hated myself for standing in the way of that. I hated myself for standing in the way all that time. All she ever wanted was for us to be happy and for all the times I took her as being jealous, which I now know why she was but she really wanted the world for him, and she could give that to him.

I finally saw what I needed to see. I finally realized what my purpose was.

--- Meagan's POV---

There's something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything he does is beautiful
Everything he does is right


“Mae, what made you think I wouldn’t be happy about it?” He questioned.

“I don’t know.” My bottom lip trembled as I cried. He ran his hands across my face caressing my cheek with his rough fingers. “I guess I just thought you’d be angry because you were just starting to get big.”

“That doesn’t matter Mae.” He shook his head smiling at me. “Nothing will ever mean as much to me as you do.”

My mouth gaped open at his words. “What are you saying Matt?” I asked trying to contain my excitement.

“I still love you.” He whispered in my ear, his breath tickling my skin. I blushed immediately and looked up at him.

“I love you too.” I said almost at a whisper. He smiled widely and touched my cheek, leaning toward me on his knees, hovering over me. I felt a gust of wind pass us and I turned my head as he grinned at me. “Hold on.” I stood up and walked toward the paper on the bed. I picked it up and opened the pen.

“Okay Val, what is it?” I asked, suddenly my hand started to move quickly, gliding across the paper. Matt gave me a strange look and I let my hand do what it wanted.

“I love you both, and I know you love one another, please take care of each other. Tell Michelle I love her and I’ll be watching you.” It read. Matt looked down at me and wrapped his arms around my hips.

“Well it looks like someone approves.” I giggled.

“I guess she does.” He smirked drifting in slowly to place a small kiss upon my lips. His lips fought with mine, and I giggled as he released me.

“Are you two still not talking to each other...” Zack shouted through the door.

“Zack open the fucking door I want to see my son.” Matt yelled accordingly.

I reached for the doorknob and it turned, so we were freed and walked out into the hall. Matt grabbed my hand and entwined his fingers into mine with a wide smirk on his face. We walked down stairs together and he planted a small kiss upon my lips. I saw Brian hugging Michelle and Matt wrapped his arms around me kissing my forehead. “Where’s Jimmy with his nephew?” I asked.

“They’re in there.” Brian pointed toward the dining room with a smile.

I pulled Matt behind me and looked back at him wearing a giant smile showing off his amazing dimples as we made our way into the dining room. “Jimmy.” I breathed.

“Hey Mae.” He smiled as he played with little Damien’s hands. “Hey Shads!”

“Hey.” Matt smiled sticking his free hand in his pocket. He gazed down at the little boy in Jimmy’s lap and smirked.

“Mommy.” I heard and my heart started racing as he reached up for me. I pulled him into my arms letting his little legs dangle.

“What’s his name?” He asked.

“Damien Matthew Sanders.” I smirked as Matt took his hand out of his pocket holding his arms out.

“Daddy?” He questioned.

“Yes baby.” I nodded as I handed him over to Matt. “This is daddy.”

I ran my fingers through Damien’s hair as Matt’s face lit up with excitement. He was obviously excited. “I love you Meagan.” He leaned into me.

“I love you too Matt.” I replied happily as he pulled me into him.

I heard the door open a crack and Brian was peeking through. “Could we come in?” He asked.

“Yes.” I grinned.

“Oh my god!” Michelle exclaimed. “You might as well named him Matt Jr.”

“I almost did.” I laughed hugging her tightly. Matt kissed my forehead as his son flailed happily in his arms. Zack entered and I wrapped my arms around Michelle and Matt, we all formed a big circle in the dining room and I bowed my head.

“We all miss you Vallery, rest in peace.” I replied.