More Than Just A Mark On My Sheets

Zack Merrick-More Than Just A Mark On My Sheets(11

Zack’s POV:

“You’re up early,” I yawned, sitting next to Taylor who was cradling Jason.
“He started crying,” She shrugged lazily.
“You’re still tired aren’t you?” She shook her head.
“I’m fine. I’m used to it,”
I sighed. She had dark rings under her eyes, and when she would blink, I could tell she was fighting to reopen her eyes.
“There’s only one more week left,” She mentioned. I nodded.
“Then we get to live with Jack!” I faked enthusiasm, making her crack a smile.
I honestly didn’t know how this all was going to work out. I wasn’t sure if I wanted the press to know I was a father. It would be all over the magazines, and I would have to talk about it in all of my interviews.
“Taylor?” I said her name without thinking.
“That’s my name,” She smiled the smile that never failed to make my heart skip a beat. I couldn’t believe a girl two years younger than me-who’ve I’ve only known for a few weeks-was making me feel this way.
I didn’t want to worry her, and tell her that I didn’t really want to say anything about her or Jason yet, so I thought of something else that I could say.
“I’m sorry,” She rolled her eyes.
“Zack, you need to stop apologizing,”
“But you have to live with a bunch of guys on a bus, with your son, and you’re only nineteen.”
“I’ll be twenty soon,” She muttered.
I chuckled. “When will that be?”
“December twenty sixth.”
“The day after Christmas?” She nodded. I felt like a douche not even knowing the basic information about my son’s mother.
“Zack?”
“That’s my name,” I mocked her.
“I’m sorry about last night,” She looked down at Jason.
“It wasn’t your fault,” I hesitantly wrapped an arm around her shoulders.
“He hurt you, though,” She said quietly, picking up my hand and running her finger across the small cut.
“I’m fine,” I reassured her.
She looked around the room silently for a few minutes. I watched as she did this, and took in all of her features. Her piercing green eyes, and her clear skin. Her hair was perfectly straight, and it was shiny when then sun hit it in a certain angle. Her eyelashes were the perfect length, and she was just the right height and weight. She wasn’t extremely skinny, but she wasn’t fat. Not fat at all.
She came back to reality and looked at me, laughing at herself. “Sorry. I kinda spaced out,”
“I noticed that,” She smiled.
“I think you can do this, Zack,” She said suddenly.
“Do what?”
“Be a father,” She stroked his head with her thumb.
I inhaled deeply, and thought about it for a moment. “But it’s just I thought that I would be a father later on in life,” She sighed and looked away from me, and I quickly tried to explain myself. “It’s not that I mind but I just-”
“Zack, calm down,” She cut me off, laughing. “I know how you feel,” She murmured, getting serious again quickly.
“I know, you have it worse. You’re still a teenager. You should be out, having the time of your life right now,” I mentally punched myself for knocking her up.
“I don’t think having Jason was a mistake,” She told me bluntly, shrugging. “He didn’t mess up my life, my parents did,”
“But if I hadn’t gotten you pregnant-”
“We never would have met,” She interrupted me again. She was right, though. I would rather have a son, and get to spend time with the stunning girl in front of me than not have a son and never meet Taylor. “I wasn’t the partying type, anyways, so I’m not missing out on that,”
“But that night at the bar-”
“I was trying to forget about Adam. If I wasn’t such a whore when I’m drunk-”
“You’re not a whore,” I told her sternly. “Don’t believe a word that fuck face said last night,”
“You honestly don’t think of me that way?” She asked, disbelieving.
“Of course not,” I said quietly. I hadn’t noticed until now that our faces were inching closer every minute.
We kept leaning in and just as her eyes were sliding shut, the door was wrenched open and she jumped, shaking Jason around a little bit, but not enough to wake Jason. I glared as Jack, John and Kennedy walked in.
“Jack woke us up, demanding we take you out to have fun today, so go get dressed,” John yawned, pointing to Taylor and then to the back of the bus.
“I’ll take Jason,” I took my son from Taylor before she walked into the bathroom.
Jack was looking at me knowingly and apologetically and I just rolled my eyes and leaned back on the couch while John and Kennedy were in a conversation of their own. If they wouldn’t have walked in…
“You want me to bring him, Zack?” Taylor came out of the bathroom, interrupting my thoughts.
“Nah, I’ve got him,” I looked her up and down. Damn her for looking so hot in shorts. I think she’s the only girl who can make casual look so good.
I looked over at John and Kennedy. I watched as Kennedy’s eyes appraised her, as I had done moments ago. His eyes seemed to approve as they lingered on her chest. The smirk on his face made me want to get up and punch him.
“Are you sure?” I nodded.
“Go,” I insisted, putting on a fake smile.
She smiled and nodded, leaning down and wrapping her arms around my neck, giving me a clear view of down her shirt, and I tried not to stare, but didn’t succeed.
“I hate you,” I glared at Jack once Kennedy, John and Taylor were out of the bus.
“I didn’t know!” He defended himself.
“But you brought Kennedy? Really?”
“What’s so bad about Kennedy?”
“Did you see the way he was looking at her?” Jack shook his head.
“I was watching how you were looking at her, though,” I looked down. “You really just need to make a move already,”
“I was going to, but then you walked in,” I muttered.
“Oh. Right. Sorry,” He mumbled, looking at his feet for a moment. “You really like her,” I sighed and nodded.
“She’s so young, though,”
Jack shrugged. “She’s not that much younger than you,”
“Two years,”
He shrugged again. “She doesn’t look two years younger than you,” He smirked.
I had to smirk at that, as well. I looked down at Jason again and then back at Jack, who was now grinning at me. “You’ll be fine, with the whole father thing,”
“I hope,” I exhaled.
“Just use a condom next time you’re sticking your d-”
“Jack,” I warned.
“-ick in her,” He finished his sentence and giggled in a girly manner.
“You’re a sicko,”
“Kennedy, stop!” I could hear Taylor faintly shrieking with laughter. The windows were open and The Maine’s bus was right next to ours.
“Did she laugh when you were fucking her, too?”
“Shut up, Jack,” I snapped.
“Kidding, Zacky poo,” He placed a hand lightly on my shoulder. “She’s not going to date Kennedy. This tour ends in a week, so they wont have enough time to get to fall in a deep, passionate love for each other,”
“You became best friends with her overnight,”
“Yeah, but I wouldn’t ever date her,”
“Why?”
“Because she’s yo baby mama!” He attempted to act like a gangster, pushing his lips out into a big, puckered face and making a peace sign.