If Today Was Your Last Day

This Is Our Town

“Sweetie! Hurry up, we have to go in 5 minutes!” Megan came bounding down the stairs to put her shoes on. We were getting ready to meet Tom and co at the airport. Today is the day that they go on a 3 month tour in Germany before they start on their new album. Tom had promised that in an interview, he would mention Megan and I.

“I don’t get why dad has to leave,” Megan asked as she slipped on her left shoe.

“Because he has to play his guitar for his fans before he makes some more music. It’s part of his job, but he’s going to keep in touch with us and call every day, okay?” I hope he doesn’t sleep with someone behind my back. Yeah I know I should trust him and that he’s matured a lot, but there’s still that chance he could slip back into his what-used-to-be-man-whore ways.

“Can I watch him play in one of the concerts?” Megan asked, slipping on her right shoe and stood up.

“I’m sorry sweetie, but you can’t. We have to stay here. But, I’m sure in the summer holidays, Tom will et us go with him to Germany and watch him and Bill at the recording studio. Okay?” Megan nodded her head and opened the front door and waited beside the car. My car isn’t used that often, I prefer to walk to places with Megan by my side, but the airport is too far away to walk.

“Oh okay,” I unlocked the car and made sure Megan was sat in her seat properly before getting in myself and started the engine.

“Mom. Why does Tom live in Germany?”

“Because that was where he was born and grew up. He’s lived there all his life,” I looked at her through the rear view mirror. She was staring out of the car window at the passing cars as if to be in deep thought.

“Then how did you meet him?” I smiled at the question.

“I saw him in concert 6 years ago with Auntie Hannah. We met the boys backstage afterwards and I guess Tom and I just hit it off,” I didn’t tell her about how I called him a man-whore and hurt his feelings.

“Hit it off? What does that mean?” she looked up at me through the rear view mirror, a confused look on her face.

“We got on well, basically. And then feelings for each other grew and we eventually fell in love,” I told her.

“Awwh. That’s cute, mommy,” Megan giggled, eventually going quiet, which left me to just reminisce what happened 6 years ago, and there was only one thing my mind wandered to.

The argument.

My mind made it seem like it had happened yesterday. The words that felt like bullets to my heart, the pain in my hand from the slap, the hurt in Tom’s eyes when I more or less said it was over, the crashing of the vase when I left the hotel room. It was all to surreal for saying it was 6 years ago. I wasn’t meant to remember everything that perfectly, right?

I knew that I shouldn’t have been so harsh on him. I knew by the look in his eyes that he didn’t mean to cheat on me. I should’ve gone back with him when I had the chance so that he could watch his baby grow up, not come into her life 6 years later. It’s not fair on either of them.

I was a bitch to him.

“Mommy. What’s wrong?” I looked up into the rear view mirror to see that I had tears slowly rolling down my cheeks. I was crying?

“Nothing baby. Don’t worry,” I wiped the tears from my eyes as I turned the engine off, “We’re here now. Get out of the car please,”

“If I stay in the car, will dad wait for me and miss the airplane and then he won’t have to go?” I got out of the car and opened the back door for Megan who had her arms folded over her chest.

“No sweetie. He’ll leave without saying goodbye to you. It’s important for him to go away because it’s his job. He’ll be back sooner than you think, okay?” Megan nodded her head and jumped out of the car, taking my head and walking with me to the airport where we would meet Tom and the others.

“Finally! I thought you weren’t going to turn up!” Tom stood up from his seat and walked up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Of course I’d come say goodbye to you, you idiot,” I giggled.

“Hi daddy,” Megan said from behind me, her arms raised up indicating she wanted Tom to pick her up.

“So you’re the famous Megan that Tom won’t stop talking about?” Georg stood up and came over to have a proper look at Megan. “You’re very pretty,”

“Who are you?” Megan blushed.

“I’m Georg, I play the bass guitar in Tom’s band, and that guy there,” Georg pointed at Gustav who sat on one of the many black, plastic chairs drumming on his knees, “is Gustav and he plays the drums in the band,”

“I want to play the drums like mom,” Megan slid out of Tom’s arms and ran over to Bill, clambering all over him.
It’s good to see you again, Ebony,” Georg gave me a quick hug which I returned.

“You too,” I smiled, looking over at Tom to see him glaring at Georg. “Where’s Hannah?” I couldn’t see her anywhere in the airport.

“She went back to Germany yesterday. She made a doctor’s appointment because she thinks she might be pregnant,” about time! She’s always wanted to be a mom.

Tell her I say congratulations if she is pregnant,” I smiled at him.

“Will do,” he turned his back to me and went to sit beside Gustav, starting what seemed to be a deep conversation.

“Ebony?” I looked over Tom’s shoulder to see someone I didn’t think I would see again. “Oh my God!” she squealed, running over to me and throwing her arms around my shoulders in a bone-crushing hug.

“Freddie!” I squealed back, just as excited as we jumped up and down. “How have you been?”

“Look,” she shoved her hand in my face, “Bill proposed,”

“Oh my God when?” I took a hold of her hand and looked at the diamond ring in complete ore.

“Yesterday,” she grinned, looking down at the ring.

“Congratulations,” I laughed, hugging her tight. A cough from behind me interrupted the hug.

“Oh. Sorry. I’ll leave you two alone,” Freddie winked at me and walked away to sit with Bill and Megan.

I turned to face Tom and sighed, “So. 5 minutes, huh?” taking his hands in mine.

“I’ll call you every day,” Tom placed his forehead against mine, “I promise,”

“You best do or you’re dead meat,” I giggled, moving closer to Tom and joining our lips together into a passionate kiss. The last passionate kiss for 3 months. “I’ll miss you,” I whispered against his lips, my eyes closed shut.

“I’ll miss you more,” his hands let go of mine and rubbed up and down my waist as he gently kissed the tip of my nose.

“Okay guys. Let’s get on the plane,” their new bodyguard, whose name I still have to learn, ordered.

“This is it then for 3 months?” he nodded his head and quickly kissed me on my lips one last time.

Megan ran over to Tom and I and jumped into Tom’s arms, “Daddy I want a kiss too,” puckering her lips, she leaned into Tom and gave him a sloppy kiss, which Tom didn’t seem to be too pleased about.

“I should go. I don’t want to miss the plane. I’ll miss you both,” with one last kiss on my forehead, Tom put Megan onto the floor and turned on his heel and walked towards the gate with his band mates.

“Ring me when you land,” I called to him before he had gotten too far away.

“I’ll miss you, dad!” Megan shouted to him, grabbing my hand as we watched the 4 boys walk through the gate to their plane.

As soon as the boys were out of sight, Megan looked up at me and said, “Can we go home now?”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title - we the kings - this is our town
tokio hotel's new body guard. he makes tom look tiny. :')
while i remember to mention it, check out i set my friends on fire (that's a link to one of their songs. i love them right now <3)
anyway. comments? i love everybody who has so far, but i'd like more. i have a lot of love to give out (;