If Today Was Your Last Day

Emotionless

TOM’S POV

I stepped into the club to be blinded by bright, flashing lights which surrounded the dance floor. It was only 8pm, but already, it was filled with drunken adults in hopes of a fun-filled evening.

“Right boys. Drinks are on me to celebrate the release of the new album. What do you all want?” We all gave Jost our orders and made our way to a VIP booth, Georg and I looking at the dance floor to see if there were any decent girls to dance with and possibly get laid. Yes, Georg had finally lost his virginity.

We sat down, Jost soon joining us with our drinks, which were gone in a matter of minutes.

“Okay guys. Here is where we depart. I’ll collect you all at midnight,” Jost informed us.

“Why so early?” I asked.

“You have an interview tomorrow at 9am,” we all groaned and slid out of our seats to the dance floor.

I slithered through the packed dance floor to the bar to get another drink. Normally, this is where I’d pick up my girl of the night, but not tonight. Oh no. I wasn’t in the mood. I saw Ebony today for the first time in 6 years. I forgot how much she meant to me, and I didn’t want to risk ruining any chances I had with her. I don’t care about how cold she was with me, all I care about is that I will get her back, no matter what I have to do.

“What can I get for you, sweetie?” the bartender asked me, leaning against the counter, purposely pushing her boobs up. She knew who I was. But then again, who wouldn’t?

I moved my eyes up from her breasts and answered, “Vodka and coke, please,” she nodded and bent down to get a shot glass, filling it up with vodka and coke. “Here you are, sweetie. It’s on me,” she winked.

“Thank you,” I smiled at her, throwing back my head and downing the shot. I closed my eyes as it slithered down my throat and then smashed the glass back on the table.

I felt my phone in jean pocket vibrate, signalling I had a text message. My heart began to race at the thought of it being in Ebony, but as I took my phone out, I saw that it was a text message from Bill. My heart sunk at the thought of not receiving a text message or phone call from Ebony for 6 years.

Tom.
There’s a girl here I think you might be interested in (;
- Bill.


I rolled my eyes at the text message. To be fucked, I didn’t care about some blonde chick tonight.

I don’t care.
- Tom.


Send.

I stood up from the seat I was sitting on and began to walk out of the club to having a cigarette when I felt my phone vibrate again.

No. I think you really will be interested in her.
Just come on over to our booth.
- Bill.


Sighing, I turned on my heal and walked back through the crowd of horny adults to our booth and sat down beside Bill.

“Who?” Bill pointed towards a girl who turned around on the dance floor.

Ebony.

“Go and dance with her,” just as those five, measly words escaped Bill’s lips, a man wrapped their arms around Ebony’s waist.

I gritted my teeth.

I watched Ebony wrap her arms around this man’s neck.

I clenched my fists.

“Tom. Are you okay?” Bill put his hand upon my shoulder, but I shook it off, standing up and storming out of the club, being sure to walk by Ebony are her friend and knock the man in the shoulder as I passed him.

I exited the club and walked over to a wall, knocking my head against it, closing my eyes and groaning out of frustration. She doesn’t want me. But then again, why would she? I was a dick to her all those years ago.

“Tom!” I opened my eyes to see Ebony stood before me.

“What?” I hissed at her.

“It wasn’t what it looked like,” I lifted my eyebrow at her. Fucking liar.

“You were just grinding up against that man,”

“Oh like you haven’t. Tom. What about 6 years ago, huh? When we first met. If I remember correctly, I saw you grinding with some random chick the same day you asked me on a date. And oh yeah! The time when you cheated on me. So you can’t say anything. And anyway, what does it matter if I was? We aren’t dating, and I doubt you still having feelings for me,” my mouth widened at her words. It was like a stab in the heart.

“Ebony. For God’s sake. We talked about this all those years ago. We sorted those two times out. Right? And tonight, it hurt me to see you dancing with a random guy,” before I could finish, Ebony interrupted me.

“Now you know how it felt for me all those years ago. It hurts, doesn’t it?” she spat.

“Let me finish, okay? To see you dancing with a random guy hurt me because, well, when I saw you in the salon today, all my feelings that never really left came back to me,” I sighed and looked away from Ebony’s gaze.

“So. You got another girlfriend, cheated on her and then went back to your old manwhore ways, and yet, throughout all that, you still had feelings for me?” I rolled my eyes at her. Out of frustration with myself. Her words made me sound like a complete retard.

“Yes Ebony. I had feelings for you for 6 years. But I take it that you didn’t,” I sighed, looking into her eyes.

“Pshh. Of course I had feelings for you. For a year. When I found out you were dating another chick, it broke my heart because I realised you were over me,” I saw a tear trickle down her cheek. I brought my hand up to wipe it away, but then I decided against it and brought my hand back down to my side.

“You were heartbroken? What about when you ended it with me? After I founded you had cut and were pregnant with my baby? That hurt too. Even more than you could think. I was a wreck for months on end. I dated those girls to get you off my mind. I fucked those girls to get you off my mind. It didn’t work. You were glued to my mind,” I fought the tears that were brimming my eyes. We were surrounding by people smoking. If they could see us, I wasn’t going to let me see me cry. I’m supposed to be a tough guy.

“I. I’m sorry, Tom,” she placed her hand on my arm, stroking it. She sent shivers up my spine, but I only pushed her hand away from me.

“Whatever,” I mumbled, walking past her and into the club, leaving her to stand dumbfounded in the middle of the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title - good charlotte - emotionless
okay. i've been away for a while. i was gunna' update on wednesday, but i was shattered after spending a week with my best friend. we didn't get much sleep. then, on thursday i came down with the flu (it's not swine flu, luckily), so i had no energy to do anything, i had to force myself to write it today because if i remember correctly, i said it would be up by now. but anyway, hope you liked the update.
reviews?