If Today Was Your Last Day

Walking By

TOM’S POV

“Mom? I need your help,” I didn’t give my mom a chance to say anything when she answered the phone. I just jumped straight in with a question.

“What have you done now?” she sighed.

“Nothing. It’s what I’m going to do,” I smirked to myself.

“Oh? And what’s that?”

“I’m not saying. It’s for me to know and for you to find out,”

“Tom?” It was evident in her voice that she had an unimpressed look on her face.

“Look. I just need you to pick Megan up from school today. I’m busy with... stuff, and I don’t think Ebony’s going to be back from the shops in time to collect her,” I shuffled my feet as I waited for the delivery man to arrive with my order.

“And why didn’t you help Ebony with the shopping?” mom always dragged Bill and I to the stores in hopes it would get us to help out our lucky lady. No luck there though.

“Like I said, I have stuff to do. Now can you help me or not?” There was a knock at the door and I began to walk out of the living room, still awaiting for an answer from my mom.

“I know what you’re up to Tom. I can hear it in your voice. Good luck with it.”

“Uhh thanks. I guess. So will you pick Megan up or not?” I asked her, getting more and more impatient.

“Yeah sure. Will you be picking her up when you’ve finished your... jobs? Because I’d like to hear about it,” I grinned. Of course my mom would like to know all the gossip... if that’s what you want to call it. She loves that kind of thing.

“Yeah. Sure. Whatever. Look, I gotta’ go. I’ll see you when I come to collect Megan. Bye mom,”

“Bye sweetie. Love you.” As I pressed End Call and put my phone in my pocket, I swung open the front door to reveal the delivery man I’ve been waiting over an hour for.

“4 dozen red roses for a... Mr Kaulitz?” I nodded my head and took crates of roses from the man. “That will be €10.99,” I got out my wallet out of my trouser pocket after putting the crate onto the floor and handed the man the money.

“And no tip for being late,” I hissed, slamming the door in his face. I had no time to be all pally with the man. For all I know, Ebony is probably just around the corner, and I still have to put the roses out and light the candles.

I sighed and picked up the crate of roses, carrying it into the living. David let me finish early to set it all up, which I’m thankful for, but it just wasn’t enough time.

EBONY’S POV

I groaned as I sat in the driver’s seat of my car. Not only had I just been to do a food shop and I didn’t want the ice cream to go cold, but also because I had to be home in an hour and in that time, the food had to be unpacked and I had to collect Megan up from school. It was her first day back in school today after having a week off and I just hope that she’s feeling okay.

Yesterday, Tom had come home from the recording studio earlier than usual, but the reason he told me didn’t seem like something David would do. Tom claimed that he had had an argument with his fellow band mates and so he punched a wall, which would explain the bruise on his knuckles, and so David sent him home to calm down. It just doesn’t seem like something David would do, no offence to him or anything though. And ever since then, Tom’s been acting... distant to both Megan and I. Almost as if he’s scared to say something he doesn’t want to, which obviously makes me think;

Tom’s cheating on me. Again.

The red light turned to green and I sped off down the road, only to come in contact with 5 black cars, men holding cameras up at the windows in all of them. Crap.

I rolled up my car windows and pressed down on the accelerator and sped off down the motorway, swerving in and out of other cars in hopes to lose the paparazzi, but they were still on my tail.

I sighed when I saw the signpost to my street came into view. Just a few minutes till I can get inside and watch some TV with Tom. Wait no scrap that. I have to collect Megan from school in less than half an hour. I swear I never stop!

I pulled up on the driveway and stopped the ignition, looking into the rear view mirror to see the paparazzi sat in the cars waiting for me to get out of the car. I groaned and opened the car door, stepping out, the paparazzi following my every step, and walking to the front door of my home. My nice, warm, home.

“Ebony! Is it true that you’re pregnant?!” No. I don’t think so.

“Is it true that Megan isn’t really Tom’s child? You’re just using her as an excuse to get back with Tom?” I turned and glared at the paparazzi, reaching my hand out to open the front door, not leaving my eyes from the paparazzi.

“Ebony. Why is your house full of roses?” what? I turned my face to look into the hallway of the house, and there was, indeed, roses on the floor leading into the living room. I stepped into the house and shut the door before the paparazzi could get a closer look.

“Tom?” I called. No answer. What the hell is going on?

I walked into the kitchen and put my handbag on the kitchen counter, turning and walking into the living room, stopping mid-step as I took in the sight before me.

Lit candles were everywhere. On shelves, the TV and the coffee table. Roses were scattered all over the floor and on the two sofas, and in the middle of it all kneeled Tom, an opened velvet box held in his hand. My eyes moved to see what was inside the box, widening as I saw a glistening, diamond ring sat in the middle of it.

“Tom? What are you doing?” I walked further into the living room, stopping right before Tom.

“Ebony Leigh Burnes. I love you with all my heart. We’ve been through everything together. The ups and downs have made us stronger. The break up made me realise how much I really love and missed you, and I’m so glad we bumped into each other again. I would never have anyone other than you. I can’t get enough of you. Your hands are the only ones that fit mine perfectly. When I see you cry, it breaks my heart. When you laugh, my heart skips a beat. When our lips touch, I go weak in the knees. And as soon as you’re gone, I miss you like crazy and want, no, need you back. I want you to be my baby forever. To be mine forever. So, Ebony Leigh Burnes. Will you do the honour of marrying me?

I brought my right hand up to my mouth, tears brimming my eyes. I never knew Tom could be so... romantic... and soppy all at the same time.

“Yes,” I whispered. I watched Tom as he beamed up at me, taking the ring from the box and slipping it onto my engagement ring finger, standing up and taking me in his arms.

“I love you,” he placed his hands on my butt and picked me up, spinning me around on the spot.

“I love you, too,” I placed my lips on top of Tom’s and kissed him with everything I had, wrapping my legs around Tom’s waist. I’ve never been so happy being in his arms, knowing that one day to come, I can respond to people as;

Mrs Ebony Leigh Kaulitz.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title - holiday parade - walking by
lovely songxD
-eek- how cute is tom there? ^_^
comments / reviews.
sadly, the next chapter is the final chapter. :-\