If Today Was Your Last Day

Cupid Found His Mark

“This place is really nice, Tom. I was expecting you to bring me to McDonald’s or something,” I smirked as I took another bite of my vegetarian pizza. In the six years away from Tom, I turned vegetarian.

“Very funny, Ebony. I’m not that much of a cheapskate. Anyway. How’s your life been since we, um, ya’ know,” Tom hinted, picking up a slice of his meat feast pizza.

“Since we broke up?” Tom nodded his head, “Um. Well, I gave birth to Megan, I passed the course in hair and beauty, I turned vegetarian,” Tom interrupted me to say “You turned vegetarian?! How can you live without meat?!” I only quirked my eyebrow at him and carried on with my answer to his first question, “I also slept around a bit. And I moved here from New York for a new atmosphere and a new start. I think that’s it,” I shrugged, chopping up another piece of pizza.

“Hold up. What do you mean you slept around a bit?” I shrugged my shoulders and answered, “I turned into you Tom. To get rid of the heartbreak or to at least ignore the heart ache, I slept with guys I found at a club. Megan would be at either her Grandma’s or at Lisa’s when I did this. And that night we saw each other, that was the original plan. Sleep with someone, but that didn’t happen. After seeing you, I went straight home,”

“So my old ways rubbed off on you?” I noticed Tom exaggerate the word “old” a bit more than he should’ve done. Hinting much?

“You could say that, yeah,” I looked up at him to see that he wasn’t eating, but staring at me instead, “what?”

“Nothing. I just. I. Why did we lose contact?” I could see the guilt in his eyes.

“I don’t know. I mean, when I had Megan, I would’ve contacted you to tell you the birth went well, but you had a girlfriend, and if you received a text saying that your baby is born and healthy, it would’ve wrecked it for you, so I decided against it,” I pushed my now empty plate away and took a sip of my diet coke.

“And why didn’t you contact me after me and that girl broke up?” he asked, his mouth full of another bite of pizza.

“Why don’t you call this chick by her name? And because, like you said at the club the other night, you turned back into a man-whore. I didn’t want my child involved with a guy like that. No offence or anything,” I looked up as the waiter came up to our table.

“Can I get you the pudding menu at all?” We shook our heads, but kept our eyes on each other, “Okay. I’ll get you the bill. Be back in a few,” Please, take your time.

“Because I can’t remember her name. Did sleeping around make you feel any better?” Tom asked, taking my hands in his.

“Sadly, no. It made me feel worse actually, but I just kept telling myself that sooner or later, it would make me feel great,” I intertwined our fingers and gently squeezed his hand with my own.

“You won’t feel great from doing it,” the waiter came back and placed the bill in between us, “Schieße,” Tom hissed. “That’s expensive,” I pulled my hands from his and sat back in my seat.

“Don’t complain, Tom. You’re the one who ordered chicken wings, garlic bread and a large pizza. I did tell you it was going to cost a lot,” I rolled my eyes.

“At least I ate something. All you had was a small pizza,” he chuckled, getting out some change and notes from his baggy packets, throwing them onto the tray and waited stood up from the table. “Shall we go?” I nodded and took my hand in his as we walked out of the restaurant.

Tom let go of my hand to pull his hood up over his head in hopes to disguise himself, but, it didn’t go as planned. As soon as we stepped out of the restaurant, we were swarmed by fans, who looked to be about 14, maybe 15 or 16, and the paparazzi. I looked up at Tom, fear filling my face.

“Run,” he mouthed, taking my left hand and running around the group of people and down the street.

“Tom I love you!”

“Tom who is she?!”

“Tom you best not be dating that whore!”

I looked over my shoulder at all the girls who were following us, glaring daggers at them. If anyone’s a whore, it’s them in their miniskirts, tank tops and bleach blonde hair.

“Tom run faster,” I panted.

“I can’t run any faster in these baggy trousers!” He shrieked, looking down at me, but quickly looking back up as he nearly tripped over a paving slab.

“Then take them off!”

“What?! I’m not doing that! Are you nuts?! The girls will only go crazy and run faster!” we turned a corner in hopes to lose the girls, but they only seemed to be gaining on us.

“In there,” Tom pushed me into a dark alley way, so dark I could barely see my own feet.

We heard footsteps beside the alleyway come to a stop, “Where did he go?” was heard. Both Tom and I stopped and stood still, trying to breathe as quietly as possible.

“Oh well. Maybe next time,” another girl chimed in as they all walked away. I let out a sigh of relief and turned around to Tom. But he wasn’t there.

“Tom?” I panicked.

“I’m here. Don’t worry,” his arms snaked around my waist and pulled me into him. “You smell good,” I turned around in his arms and wrapped mine around his neck.

“Because that’s not random,” I giggled as a street lamp turned on, shining down into the alleyway. It was just enough light to be able to see Tom’s features from his chocolate brown eyes to his plump pink lips which were always so soft...

I stared at Tom’s lips, our heads moving closer to one another until our lips collided, bringing us into a breath taking kiss.

God I’ve missed those lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title - dropout year - cupid found his mark.
they kisseddddddddddddd. xD ^_^
reviews?