Fall Asleep with the Windows Open

Just hold me tight, lay by my side.

*
The year was going by really fast. After me and Reiley made up, it seemed like things got 100% better. It was back to how we were before we dated. And I guess it was better than nothing. But now that I got that little taste of what it would be like to have her, I want it ten times more.

When eleventh grade started, we were fucking inseparable. Almost twenty four hours, seven days a week I spent with her...except when she had to go to rehearsals for a play or something, but she would come see us practice and play at Gilman.

I started getting bored though, but Reiley still dragged me to school everyday.I cant even believe that tomorrow is the Junior prom. Why we are going, is the question thats been asked all week. By the both of us.

*May 1st 1989

"Mike are you going to come in or chill in the car?" We still had to go pick up Stacey. He would just be sitting in the car by himself.
"Nah I'll wait go ahead and get her." Dumbass.
"Alright, be right back. Oh and dont steal the car to get to your girl quicker...you horny bastard." He laughed and I went inside.

When I walked in Reileys mom was standing by the door holding a camera with a giddy look on her face.
"Reiley, Billies here!" She yelled, the smile spreading even wider. God. If she cries, I know Im gonna...to late. Jeez shes not getting fucking married...trust me.
She came down the stairs and I was dumbfounded. She looked amazing.

"God mom, its not that big of a deal." She sighed.
"I know but I never thought you would go to a prom...and its big for me so be quiet." Reiley rolled her eyes.
"Okay now let me get a picture."
"Jesus mom, seriously can we just-"
"Hey, just give me one picture and you can go. Now go." Reiley actually fucking blushed when we linked arms. Maybe it was because her mom was acting like a lunatic, or that I was witnessing it, but...it just gave me a little hope.

"Finally." She said once we got to the car.
"Wow, Reiley, you look really nice."
She giggled, "Thanks Mikey, you look handsome too," He blushed a little.
After picking at the seems of her dress she bit her lip, "Its not to, ya know, frilly or...ick?"
"No, you look amazing." Shit did I say that out loud. Damn it.
She smiled,"Thanks Billie."
We went and picked up Stacey. Listening to her tell Mike what to do the entire way there I wanted to strangle her. 'Dont look at reiley. Fix your tie. You are gonna dance right?' Jesus I dont know how he can stand her.

The night wasnt as bad as I expected. Reiley danced like an idiot with Mike, while Stacey scowled the whole time. It was almost over when Chase came over.
"Hey Reiley, dance with me?" She shrugged, and looked at me.
"Uhm, sure." Was she expecting me to jump up and say no or punch him in the face or something?
Of course...a fucking slow song. Watching him touch her, made me almost vomit. She was laughing most of the time. Which made me wonder what exactly he was saying. It seemed like forever until the song was over. As soon as it was the dj came on.
"Alright last song of the night so grab someone and get on the floor." She walked over holding out her hand. While the dj started to play Journey's 'Open Arms'. Tacky.
"Come dance with me."
"Meh, Im not real good at dancing."
"Me neither, but come on, just one little dance. No one will ever see it again...or probably even pay attention now."
I sighed, "Alright I guess." She laughed and pulled me out with her.

It was okay I guess. I made Reiley lead so I wouldnt kill her feet. She clutched onto me, and it felt perfect. I was so nervous the entire time, but before I knew it the song was over.

"So are we going home?" Stacey asked when we found her and Mike.
He shrugged, "Ask Billie, hes the driver."
"Fuck if I know. My moms not home so we can just hang out there." Reiley shook her head laughing.
"What?" At first I thought it was maybe a late reaction to my dancing.
"Stacey wants to go to a hotel and fuck Mike." She kept laughing and I made a gagging sound.

When we got home the two ran into Mikes room. Making me want to scratch my eyes out and start seizing on the floor.

"Billie can I borrow a shirt , cause my shit is on Morgos bed and the window is shut?"
"Yeah no problem." She came into my room after getting dressed and sat on the bed next to me. I started scooting closer to her and she would move down. One more scooch, and...YEAH!
"Billie!" she laughed.
"Jeez Reiley whats wrong...you just fell of the damn bed?"
"Cause you pushed me you little bastard." She was still laughing, as I was to, she pulled me down next to her.
"Nuh uh." I said sitting on top of her laughing. I loved her smile. She didnt do it enough. Why was I such a dumbfuck and cheat on her.

She noticed that I had gotten serious.
"Whats wrong?" I swallowed hard and sighed.
"I hate this." She scrunched her face
"What do you hate, cause Im not a mind reader."
"Do you completely forgive me yet? Because you have to know that I still...love you. Can we maybe give us another shot. When Im with you nothing else matters.I only want you. I promise I wont screw up this time or-" She pulled her head up and met my lips with hers.
"You talk to much,Bill." She smirked.
"I promise I wont-" She did it again.
"Stop talking." She laughed, pulling of my shirt.

We stood up and got back on my bed. I took my shirt off of her and kissed her bare shoulders. Her hands were stitched with mine above her head. I pulled off her bra and flung it across the room, while she tugged down my boxers. I kicked them off the edge of the bed not caring if I see them again. Her hands roamed down my back and I kissed down her neck and collarbone. She tried to keep a steady breath but was failing. I think we were both trying to keep quiet so Mike wouldn't here but I just couldn't do it. When she pulled down on my lip I had to let the groan out... making her do it just as loud. When we slowed down to little kisses she bit her lip.
"Billie."
"Hmm?" I asked kissing her jaw.
She sighed, "Dont leave me, please."
"I swear I wont." I kissed her head and we fell asleep.

The night was completely surreal. Being back with Reiley was the the best thing that came from prom. This time I wont lose her. I promised not only her, but myself.

comments <3