Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

Epilogue

Dear Andromeda,

You don't know me, but I know you. I'm sure you heard the news of your cousin Sirius. Well, I'm his girlfriend, Estelle Grant. I don't believe a word of what happened on November 1st. In fact, I'm sure that Sirius is innocent. But clearly, my opinion doesn't matter.

I'm hardly able to stand it, sitting here with all of Sirius' things to remind me of what I can't do anything about. I was hoping that you could possibly help me. I would like to return most of his things back to his old house, at Grimmauld Place. I know that you're not on speaking terms with your family, but if there's anything at all you can do to help, I would appreciate it.

Estelle Grant


Dear Estelle,

I've heard much about you from Sirius. I don't honestly know what to believe. But you seem like a wonderful person and I'm sorry to hear of what you've been going through.

I was able to contact my sister, Narcissa, and she...isn't as harsh as she used to be with the state of things. She agreed to return Sirius' belongings to Grimmauld Place once they were in my possession. If we can arrange a date and time, I'm willing to get them.

Andromeda Tonks


Once Sirius' things were gone, Estelle moved out of the apartment. She couldn't take the walls taunting her with memories. Remus offered a place for her to stay, keeping in mind that he'd promised Sirius if anything happened, he would take care of her. But whether he had promised Sirius or not, he couldn't not take care of her. She was an emotional wreck and she was about to be a single mother.

Once Estelle moved in, it was amazing how perfect everything started working out. There were three bedrooms, one for each of them. Though, the financial state looked like it would be difficult. Estelle started working at Flourish And Blotts until she couldn't anymore.

In March, Estelle had a baby girl, which she named Andromeda Lily Grant. Life became increasingly more busy the moment her daughter was born, it seemed. She had tried to explain the situation to her Muggle parents many times, but they just didn't understand. Still, the ultimately agreed to help Estelle when she needed it. Owls and visits and decisions on what had to happen next.

As each day passed, she ran on less and less sleep. She wanted to keep observing the night sky, but found herself falling asleep outside in the chair while trying to take notes. She wanted to keep busy though. Most of all, she wanted to time left to think. Sleep never came easy due to the nightmares.

Screams, yells, curses, and dementors often filled her dreams. She dreamt of James and Lily dying, of Sirius in Azkaban, Bellatrix's cackle, Alice and Frank being torchered, fires ablaze in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, Jasper's family being killed, dead bodies... death eaters... and Voldemort. Sparks, flashes of color, and the Dark Mark. Harry...

Sometimes she woke herself up crying.

Most of the time, as she sat up at night, watching the stars and studying the planets, she thought of Sirius though. It seemed so unfair because he was innocent. She knew it. She missed him so much it hurt.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was intended to be much longer originally, but I think you'll be pleased because the rest of it is here:

http://stories.mibba.com/read/305929/Dont-Forget/

Yep, the sequel. Just copy and paste to satisfy your curiosity about Andi Grant. I hope you enjoy.