Between Lies and Promises

Drop The Ball, Watch It Fall Far Below

Tamara's P.O.V.

That night I actually did sleep though maybe a sleepless night would have been better. I dreamed. And in my dream everyone around was dying or was already dead. Everyone, except from me. Those who still were dying reached out their hand to me like I was their only hope. Their eyes full of fright and agony, there body skin over bones. Behind me stood the doctor who told me I had cancer.

“I think I made a little mistake “he said laughing “It wasn’t you who was going to die, sorry my fault!”

I slept him in the face but he started to laugh even harder. I kicked him, screamed at him but whatever I did he just wouldn’t stop.

So I started to run. People lying on the ground were grabbing me at my dress, one person even ripped of a piece of it. Then when I finally found an old church somewhere in the middle of a green field I realized that there was no sound anymore. The people were gone and slowly all the trees and everything else started to fade away until I and the church were left over.

I decided to enter the church and on my way over there a voice began to speak. “Don’t go in there” he said. “What?” “Don’t go in there…” I stopped. “And who are you to tell me this?” “You don’t have to listen but it’s my advice.” “Who are you?” There was no reply. I doubted for a second but then continued my way to the church door. “I’m telling you not to go in there” the voice said again when I opened the door. “Then say who you are” I said starting to get frustrated. No reply. “That’s what I thought” I said to myself. I have to admit that I was scared to death but curiosity over won my fright so I went in. I shouldn’t have……

The church was dark except from some candles burning at the altar. I saw a silhouette of a person sobbing on his or her knees in front of a wooden box. The sobs were soft but loud enough to hear from a long distance. Slowly I walked my way down the aisle on a thick red carpet.

When I came closer I recognized the person and the box. The person was Pippa crying, the box was a coffin. “Pippa, are you okay?” she didn’t answer. I took a few more steps towards her en laid my hand on her shoulder. “Pippa, what’s wrong?” I tried again. She stood up and turned around. “This is your entire fault!”She hissed between her teeth and a few more sobs followed.

I could have asked why, but I didn’t. It was obvious she was talking about the person lying in the coffin. Now the question was ,who was lying in that coffin. There was an awkward feeling in my stomach, telling me that I was gonna see something that I wasn’t going to like. Pippa kneeled down again and kept on sobbing like I never have been there. I shut my eyes and breathed in slowly to prepare myself for the thing I was going to see.

In my head I saw the face of my mother. She was the last person I saw lying in a coffin. Maybe I would see myself lying in a coffin because I was going to be next right?
I took another step forwards to the coffin and opened my eyes. I shocked and woke up from my dream right away. This wasn’t even a dream, this was a nightmare.

My heart was beating like crazy and all I could see was his face in the coffin. Then I slowly started to cry. “Your fault” Pippa’s voice echoed in my head. “Your Fault” I murmured to myself between the sobs.

Someone knocked at my door so I quickly wiped away my tears from my eyes. A second later my little brother AJ was standing in my doorway.

“Are you okay?” he said with his big blue eyes. “Yeah, I’m totally fine!” “You screamed you know.” “I did?”I said surprised because I didn’t even notice myself. “Well I had a nightmare. Sorry for waking you up sweetie.” “Don’t call me sweetie, I’m 13 you know!” I grinned and blow him a little kiss. “Ewh” and with that he shut the door again.

I looked at my alarm clock and saw that it was only 4 a.m. I tried to sleep again but that was useless.

How could I sleep with that image in my mind? The person in the coffin wasn’t me or my mom. The person in the coffin was Kian. His skin white and his lips blue. No movement, no breath no life. “Your fault” I heard Pippa say again. Even this was only a dream I was scared to death. Yes, I was afraid to die but I never had the fear to lose someone again. Until know……..

What if Kian was going to die sooner than I, would I be able to handle it. Or Dad, or Oliver, Lucas, AJ? Panic was rising in me. But on the other hand I felt like an insane person. It was only a dream for!

Only a dream, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
short, short, short, I know!!!!
I'm sorry...
We (well at least I am) are very busy.
School sucks -_- *sigh*
anyway, I hope you love it!!!!

read and comment!

much love, Nienke

too my co-writer : ILY!