Maybe Nice Guys Don't Always Finish Last

I Hate You!

Image

“Dude, what the fuck is that?” Blake asked Adam.

The two had been watching Mira and Todd the whole time. Adam couldn’t believe what his friend was doing right in front of the guy she said she liked. Blake on the other hand was irate. As Mira and Todd walked into Todd’s trailer, his hand wondered down into her back pocket of her jeans.

“How could she do that? I’ve been there for her since she got hurt and now she does this,” Blake said as his fury grew towards them.

“Well, maybe she has the right to do what she’s doing. I mean you did storm out on her yesterday,” Adam said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Whose side are you on?” Blake asked snapping a look at him.

“No one’s. I’m just saying. You have the right to be upset, but she’s kind of confused right now, Bilko. She thinks you hate her.”

“I don’t hate her. I could never hate her. I’m just pissed,” Blake said and punched the side of his trailer.

“Look, Todd’s hasn’t practiced yet. He has to leave soon. Just go talk to her when he leaves,” Adam said in attempts to calm him down.

Just as the two went to see if Todd was leaving, he was on his bike smiling at Mira. Blake hated that she had her gorgeous smile smiling at him. He was terrified that they were going to kiss. The way Mira looked at Todd was the way she always looked at him before they kissed. Thankfully for Blake, Mira didn’t do anything except hand him his helmet and goggles before Todd rode off.

“I’m just going to go watch some practice. You have fun,” Adam said before he left.

Blake didn’t care. He was focused on one thing: getting Mira. As he started walking towards her, she was headed back into Todd’s trailer so she didn’t see him coming.

“Mira, we need to talk,” Blake said as he approached her.

“Who are you to say if we need to talk or not? It’s not like you’re my boyfriend or anything,” Mira said giving him the most attitude that she could.

“Come on. We can’t talk here,” he said not wanting to be at Todd’s trailer talking to Mira.

“I’m staying right here,” she said and crossed her arms.

Blake smirked at her as he walked closer. She watched him nervously. Right when he was a step away, he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. Mira hated that she couldn’t keep a smile from forming.

“Blake if you like being a man, put me down now,” she said as he walked over to his trailer.

“Now we both know you wouldn’t do that. You know you want babies with me one day,” he said as he put her down inside his trailer.

“This isn’t funny, Blake. You’re fucking with me and I don’t like it. Just tell me if you want me or not. I can’t wait forever,” she said not very nicely.

“Why would I want you when you’re all over other guys?” he asked as his voice raised a few notches in volume.

“What the hell are you talking about?” she yelled confused.

TODD!” he yelled loudly at her.

“I don’t want Todd,” she yelled back.

“Well it sure as hell looks like it.”

“The only guy I want is being an unnecessary vulgar asshole, but yet, I can’t help but fall for him. Sad thing isn’t it?”

“Yeah it is actually. Seeing the fact that you do deserve it,” he said with no remorse.

“I can’t believe you,” Mira said and turned to walk away.

“Mira, no. Wait. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it,” he said walking after her.

She wouldn’t stop. Right before she stepped down off his trailer, he grabbed her right wrist. She yelped from the pain that shot through her hand.

“Mother fucker,” Mira yelled grabbing her hand.

“I’m so sorry,” he said trying to pull her into him.

“Get away,” she said pushing him back, but not hard enough to do anything.

“Mira, I’m sorry,” he said again.

You’re sorry? Were you sorry yesterday when you stormed out on me? Were you sorry when you wouldn’t talk to me for like two weeks? Are you sorry that you accused me of still having feelings for Cory? Are you sorry for accusing me of flirting with Todd?” she yelled.

“Yes. I’m sorry for everything. Mira, just listen to me,” he pleaded.

“Blake, I’m tried of listening to you. All I do is listen to you. And waiting. I’m tired of waiting for you to tell me you want to be with me. Blake, all I want is you and you’re sitting there accusing me of…” she started, but was soon cut off.

Blake pressed his lips to hers in mid-sentence. To his surprise, Mira relaxed and kissed him back and wrapped her arms around his neck and he did the same to her waist. She pulled away and glared at him.

“I hate you,” she said with her same look with their arms still around each other.

“What?” he asked confused.

“You get on my nerves so fucking much. Every time I see you I get extremely happy. All I want to do is be around you and look into your eyes forever. You make me feel like the smallest person sometimes, but then you make me feel like I’m the only one that matters to you. I hate that you care about me so much. But with all those things you do to me, I’m still falling in love with you,” she said.

Blake looked at her and couldn’t help but laugh. Mira just looked at him, getting ready to start yelling at him again.

“Blake, it’s not funny. I just…”

“No. It’s not like that at all. I just think it’s funny because that’s exactly how you make me feel,” he said with a small smile.

She smiled at him for the first time since he left yesterday. “Ask me to be your girlfriend again so I can say yes this time,” she said with a bounce to her.

“Oh my god, this is so cheesy,” Blake said smiling too. “Mira, would you make me the happiest man alive and be my girlfriend?” he went on to say.

“Hell yeah,” she said smiling before she kissed him. “Oh, but on one condition,” she said when she pulled away.

“I promise not to call you Ice Box,” he said with a smile.

“No. That doesn’t bother me now… You can’t accuse me of flirting with other guys. The only guy I want to flirt with is you,” she said as she reached up and kissed his forehead.

“I promise, Ice Box,” he said with a smile and Mira rolled her eyes. “Do you want to come check out my riding?” he asked as he walked over to his bike.

“Can I only check out you?” she asked as he hopped on his bike.

“You’re too cute. Get on,” he smiled as he patted part of the seat behind him.

“Now that’s just torture. You know how badly I want back on my bike,” she said with a teasing smile and her arms crossed.

“I’m not letting you walk all the way to the course,” he said caringly.

“Fine,” she said giving in and climbing onto the back of his bike.

He smiled at her as she wrapped her arms around his mid-section and rested her head on his back.

“How do you think I’m going to do?” he asked as he took off.

“Horrible,” she said. Blake could hear the smile in her voice.

“How do you know?”

“You’re a nice guy. Nice guys always finish last,” she said as he looked back at her.

“We’ll see about that,” he said and continued on going to the course.

Mira smiled at him. “My man is so amazing,” she thought as he slowed to a stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?