Maybe Nice Guys Don't Always Finish Last

Nice Guy?

Image

“Joey, I can’t believe it. How did this happen?” Mira asked pacing as Joey went to work on her bike.

“Mira, things like this happen,” he said not focusing too hard on what she was saying.

“But why me?” she asked a little too loud.

“Just get over it. You’re in one piece be happy,” Joey snapped at her.

“But how did he qualify better than me?” she asked just as frustrated as when her bike wasn’t working.

“Its just prelims. You made it to finals. Your bikes ok. You’re ok. You qualified second. That’s a lot better than others. Mira, it’s just one position,” he said agitated.

“But it’s to him. Why’d he fix my bike anyway?” she asked as she sat down.

“Maybe he’s just a nice guy. He talked to me the whole time he was helping. I don’t have a problem with him.”

“Maybe it’s just his accent… It bugs me. Or maybe it’s his eyes. I hate guys with brown eyes. You can’t trust them. Or maybe…”

“Or maybe I just wanted to see you make finals like you did all last year,” Blake said standing firm with his arms crossed.

“Why do you care so much? I’m your competition. Shouldn’t you have been happy that my bike was all broken?” she asked with an attitude as she stood back up.

“It doesn’t matter if you’re my competition or not. I don’t want to see anyone have to pull out if I could have helped,” He said with the same amount of attitude as she did.

“Really?” she asked softening her tone.

“Let’s make this interesting, Ice Box,” Blake said as he went over and sat on the chair Mira was sitting on before he came.

“Lay it on me, Bilko,” she said as she crossed her arms with a smirk on her face.

“Loser buys drinks for the whole field of riders.”

“Fine. Be prepared to whip out those big bucks, Bilko,” She said holding out the o a little longer than average.

“Look at you and your little competitive attitude,” he said standing up and walking towards her.

“Intimidated much?”

“Not really… Slightly turned on, but I can look past that,” he said winking at her before he flipped his shades down. “May the best MAN win, Ice Box,” He said as he started to walk away.

“Keep talking your Aussie shit talk. You’ll see who wins,” she said with a smile.

“I think it’s save to say you don’t hate him,” Joey said coming over to her.

“No… I still do,” she said and walked into her trailer to get geared up for finals.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?