Status: Still updating when I can

Brownies Are a Good Way to Start a Conversation

Chapter One

Walking through the crowded, cold sidewalk of New York, Sofia Lynn Cruz’s stomach growled making her set a small adorable pout on her soft, pink lips. She walked with her back straight, determined to find some place that has food. Her black and gray striped scarf hung loosely from around her neck, swaying slightly with every step she took. She pulled her white trench coat closer to her as she walked into a cozy café.

Robert Pattinson was sat in the far back of the café with a clear view of both; the window and the entrance door. He quietly sipped his cup of black coffee, when he noticed a beautiful young woman walk in. He let his eyes rest on her behind his black sunglasses. He watched as she pulled off her gloves with grace that he doesn’t find in many women. He soaked in her different facial features; her sun-kissed skin that has defined cheek bones with naturally pouty, pink lips. Her brown eyes were bright as she marveled at all of the sweet goodies behind the glass counter.

Sofia could already taste the sweet baked good as she walked up to the counter. She gave a dazzling smile to the barista that Robert mentally took a picture of. “Hello, what can I get for you today?” the young girl asked Sofia.

“May I have a brownie, please?” Robert couldn’t hear her voice, but he could only imagine what her voice sounded like. Was it soft and sweet? Was it sexy and provocative? He could only imagine…

“Coming right up,” the barista put on some gloves and reached into the clear case that held all of the delicious treats. “You’re lucky, it’s the last one,” the girl smiled at Sofi.

“Woo!” Sofi cheered loudly only to remember that she wasn’t alone. She looked around the café to see several people staring at her. She gave a sheepish grin and shrug. “Sorry… I got the last brownie,” she gave a small smile that seemed to send a positive energy throughout the small area. Robert could hear a slight accent, but he couldn’t place where it could be from. Her voice was like a beautiful song that he could put on repeat forever. She gave her money to the barista, giving her a $5 tip, picking up the bag, and doing a small ‘happy dance.’ Robert silently chuckled and looked down at his coffee cup for a few seconds. He looked back up when he heard the bell to the entrance ring, only to see the long, black, flowing hair of the girl. He sat there thinking about the beautiful girl for 10 more minutes, before shaking his head disbelievingly to himself. How could he be so transfixed on this girl he has only seen? He hasn’t even met the girl! He sighed after throwing away his trash. He has to get home soon; his agent was going to drop off a new script. It’s supposedly a vampire film.

Sofia's outfit
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment?