Status: Still updating when I can

Brownies Are a Good Way to Start a Conversation

Chapter Thirteen

Robert let out a shaky sigh as he nervously tousled his hair. It was almost time for his and Sofi’s date, and she still wasn’t down in the lobby yet. He kept thinking about all of the possible things that could’ve happened. Maybe she doesn’t even want to go! No, he thought, Sofi would never ditch someone like that.

Sofi quietly snuck up on Robert as she watched him weave his fingers through his hair.

“Boo!” She yelled causing Rob turned quickly and jumped about 3 feet in the air seeing a figure with a helmet on blocking the face. His shocked face made Sofi giggle behind the window part of the helmet that blocks her face.

“Sofi?”

She let out a laugh and nodded her head after taking off the heavy helmet.

“What’s this for?” He pointed to the helmet she held and the big gym bag that hung on her shoulder.

“This is for our date,” she grinned up at him.

“I’m a bit scared now.”

“Don’t be! It’s gonna be fun! Let’s go!” She grabbed his hand and ran out the hotel doors.

“Wait, let me at least take that bag for you,” he pulled her to a stop.

She groaned but kept the same playful smile on her face, “Fine, but hurry before we’re late!” They did a trade off, Robert taking the bag as Sofi took the car keys.

Settling into the car, Rob turned to Sofi with a small smile, “Where are we going anyway?”

“It’s a surprise,” she sang out and grinned.

“I feel like this isn’t going to be like a normal date.”

“What makes you say that?” She asked innocently.

“Maybe it’s the helmet,” he said sarcastically.

She put on a fake thoughtful look, “That may be the reason.”

As she drove, Robert sat in the passenger seat, every once in a while glancing at Sofi. She had the window down slightly letting in a cool breeze as she drove the car down the freeway. The wind would make bits of her hair fly into her face making her nose scrunch up and her hand to tuck the strand back behind her ear, for the whole process to start over again. Her small hands would tap on the wheel to the beat of the music. Her eyelashes would flutter every time she looked at the next lane over. Other people would see this whole thing as a normal everyday habit, but to Robert he saw it as something more. It was more like art to him, the grace that she had made it almost look like a small dance.

“Why are you staring at me?”She looked at Robert who blushed, before looking back at the road ahead of her.

“I – uh well, um – you – uh,” Sofi grinned at his cute rambling.

“You’re adorable you know that?” Robert just blushed even more at her small comment.

“I’m adorable? You’re the one who did a little dance just because you got the last brownie,” it was Sofi’s turn to blush at his words.

“Brownies are a good way to start a conversation,” she concluded nodding to herself.

“You’re right.” Silence grew in the car with only the radio and the humming of the engine keeping it from being a deafening quietness.

“Brownies are freakin’ delicious!” she yelled, pumping one fist into the air with a maniac grin.

“I don’t know, I kind of like cupcakes,” he grinned at her as she giggled.

As the hour long drive went on, Sofi thought about her relationship with Robert. They of course both liked each other, just too shy to make the first move sometimes. It was really Taylor who gave her the courage to ask him out. She smiled softly at the thought of Taylor. He was like her own little brother. She looked over at Rob and smiled when she saw how his eyes studied the passing scenery. He was like an artist; the way he studied things. His hair blew in different directions; it didn’t exactly ruin it like it would to most people. Maybe he puts something in his hair… Maybe magic… Yeah, that’s probably it, magic… She giggled inside her head at her random thoughts. I like his hair… Also his hands… His hands are big… Really big – like his feet. You know what big feet mean, right?

...

Big socks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I lied. Not the full date, but it's part of it. Kind of a random thing. Kind of filler-ish and I'm sorry. But I'd like to thank i could say for leaving me a comment :]