Trembling With the Strings

Mindless Slaughter Fuels The World

Dray’s P.O.V.
“Stupid bitch, Gracie,” I grumbled, slamming the basement door shut behind me.

Just who does she think she is? We were engaged, so that meant she had to listen to what I said. I was the man after all! But she seemed to think that she could walk all over me.

I trudged down the steps, yanking on a cord to turn on the dim light. A grin formed on my cold lips: I could hear the heartbeats accelerate. They had plenty of reason to be scared, too. I didn’t plan on leaving a single on of them alive.

“You can all thank my fiancée, Gracie, for this,” I hissed, ripping open the gate. My gaze was met by a rather small girl. There was a defiant look on her face.

I didn’t like it.

“You’re first.”

Gracie’s P.O.V.
I jerked open the door, breathing heavily from the dash up the staircase. But my health didn’t matter then—I had to stop Darius. I nearly fell on my face going down the basement stairs, but all that mattered was that the little girl was alive and hadn’t been harmed in any way.

“Darius, I’m sorry!” I cried, throwing myself at him.

“What the hell?” he shouted, shoving me off of him. I saw the girl lying at his feet, her body curled up in a tight ball. “I told you to never come down here!”

“I can’t just let you slaughter these people! Please, don’t do this,” I begged, throwing my arms around him again only to be shoved away again.

“I’ll do whatever I fucking want!” he growled, jerking the girl up. She had cuts all over her.

And Darius was holding the knife.

I sighed inwardly, stepping up to him yet again. He rolled his eyes, dropping his victim to the floor. I could tell he was going to push me away, so I pressed my body to his. His guard dropped.

“Well, what about what I want? Because right now I really want you,” I whispered in his ear, smiling lustfully. A smirk tugged at his lips.

“Do you, now?” he murmured, hands on my hips. The knife was cold, but that didn’t matter. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him quickly. He purred against my lips.

“Yes, I do. So how about we go upstairs and lock the door?”

“You two make me so sick!”

Darius pushed me off of him yet again, glaring death at the girl.

“And here I was about to let you live, you wench!”

“Darius, wait!” I cried, trying to snatch the blade from him.

But he moved too fast. The knife sliced her neck, and she fell backwards, writhing on the floor.

“Oh my God!” I choked, the world spinning around me.

I felt my body swaying. Back and forth. Back and forth. I was seconds from smacking my head on the floor but...

Everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm ecstatic! You guys (probably mostly ladies, though) have made this story hit the ten-star mark! Thank you so much! I'm not sure how much longer this story will be, but I promise it will be over sixty. In order to fit in everything I want, it could be awhile =] I'm updating twice because I almost have eighty subscribers and, well, pardon my native french but that is très phénoménal! Merci beaucoup! In other words, thanks so much that is amazing =]