My Enigmatic Enemy

Kissing, Screaming, and the Hospital Wing

It had to be the best moment in my life - getting my first kiss from the first person I’d ever cared for so much. And, even if he was Draco Malfoy, I couldn’t care less.

He pulled out of the kiss after a few moments, and just stared into my eyes. I took in his icy blue-grey eyes for as long as he stared in mine, because I never wanted to forget this moment. The thing was, he didn’t seem like he’d be the first to look away. He leaned closer again, but slowly - as if seeing how I was going to react. When I did nothing, he leaned in the rest of the way and slid his left hand down to the right side of my neck (my mark was on the left, like the marks of Death Eaters) and kissed me again. The thumb of his right hand brushed away a few of the tears still on my cheek as his lips crushed mine.

I finally stopped trying to tell myself that I couldn’t. What I couldn’t do was just stand there while he kissed me. I let one of my hands roam up enough to clutch the front of his shirt - he wasn’t wearing the school robe, just the uniform - and my other rested on his shoulder as I leaned into him. He seemed surprised, if the rigidity in his stance were to prove anything, but he relaxed and responded with even more vigor. Shortly after, we had to break apart for air, and he stared into my eyes again.

“I can’t,” he said, leaning his forehead against mine, “stay away.”

“I don’t want you to,” I whispered, softly, staring straight into his eyes defiantly. If he was going to leave just because I wasn’t afraid - for once in my life - then so be it. At least I could share this much time with him. Before he had to do whatever deeds I was sure he would be forced into doing.

“Good,” was his simple reply, and we both took the hint that he himself had issued and leaned in.

It was the strangest thing ever, walking out of the Room of Requirement thirty minutes later, lips red and still on fire from Draco’s kisses, and patting my hair back into place from where his hands had roamed through it. I took a moment to try to retrace the path back to the place of my confrontation with Crabbe and Goyle, successfully locating my bag in the fourth hidden shortcut I checked. I searched through, and fortunately, it hadn’t been rummaged through yet, so I slung it over my shoulder and I headed to the common room. I was exhausted, and frankly, I wanted sleep rather than Hermione bugging me when I showed up late.

I had guessed right and the common room was empty, as well as the dorm. I quickly showered, and then fell on top of my covers in my pajamas - a tank top and a pair of comfortable knee-length shorts. I lay on the side that didn’t have a badly bumped shoulder and fell asleep quite easily, to my relief. I didn’t expect to be woken up four hours later by a shrill cry.

“Ami!”

“What?!” I groaned, sitting up groggily, wincing at the weight I’d put on my hurt shoulder.

“What happened?” Lavender gasped. I looked at her, and I followed her eyes, as well as Parvati’s, to my arms. There were bruises forming, and I knew there was one on my cheek.

Then Hermione burst through the door.

“Is everything alright?!” she cried, “I heard a scream---” she broke off as she caught sight of me. “Bloody hell.”

I know I wasn’t the only one to turn and stare at her. That’s the first time I’d heard her swear.

“What?” I asked blankly. Then all eyes were turned back to me and I realized I shouldn’t have said anything.

“Come on.” Hermione came over and grabbed an un-bruised portion of my arm. “You’re coming to the hospital wing.”

“Hermione, what was the scream, did you find out?!” I saw a red head rush up the dorm stairs as Hermione managed to pull me from the dorm. Ginny saw me and shrieked, which was unusual for her.

“What the hell is up with you people and screaming?!” I managed a shout, which few people have ever heard, and those that had might never hear again.

“Was that Ami yelling?” I heard Ron’s voice from around the corner and down the girls’ stairs.

“Nah, couldn’t be. She’s too quiet,” I heard Harry’s soft tones as Ginny took my other arm and she and Hermione dragged me the rest of the way.

“Hermione, I don’t need the hospital wing!” I said vehemently, “I’m fine! Just a few bruises!”

“Look at your bloody shoulder!” Ginny cried, “It’s literally bloody!”

“What?” I gasped, and looked. Good thing what I call a tank is actually a tee with the sleeves cut off. It hid the base of my neck, and I had just realized that we’d reached the bottom of the dorm stairs.

“Bloody hell!” Ron cried. “What happened to her?!”

“She hasn’t said,” Hermione said huffily, “And she won’t do any talking until she’s been to Madam Pomfrey.”

“I’m not going to Madam Pomfrey!” I cried, not quite shouting. “I’ll be fine. You can fix it up, surely! You’re the brightest witch in our year!”

She huffed, and Ginny said, “You are going to the hospital wing anyway. Remember when Lockhart tried to fix Harry’s arm?”

“That was Lockhart! He was a dumb git! We’re talking Hermione, I’d trust her with my life!”

That was a lot for me to say at one time. And a huge thing for me to admit, because I immediately flushed and covered my mouth while she turned slightly pink.

“Well, that is flattering. And it’s the first time you’ve ever said that you trust anything - anyone - so that just makes it even more flattering. But you’re still going to the hospital wing, Ami.”

“We’re going to make you.” Ginny added.

“Of course we’re going to bloody make her go to the hospital wing!” Katie said, striding over and opening the door for Hermione and Ginny. “And then we’re going to make her tell us exactly what happened.”

She had a gleam in her eye that I knew was trouble. So I tried to think up a story that wouldn’t worry them so much…but I couldn’t. I wasn’t about to tell them the whole truth - at least, the being-saved-by-and-snogging-Draco-Malfoy - they would freak. So I gave up struggling on the way to the hospital wing and tried to think of a new story to tell them so that they wouldn’t try to murder Draco for what his cronies did - and the snogging me - and how do my thoughts keep going back to the snogging?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay...for the kajillionth time, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAITY-BEAR!

I thought I'd go ahead and update on your actual birthday, so...here! xP

And thanks for reading, whoever DOES read this, and I'll do my best on updating, but I have several other stories and I really need to update Be a Man, since it hasn't been done in a few days...the ones that haven't been updated since July or June are most likely the ones I consider 'on hiatus'.

So, hope you enjoyed. Love comments xP

<333 Amanda

Since lately these have been Kaity-bear dedicated, I will mention that bluescenegirl's Icey Touch is a good Draco story...and I know I've mentioned it somewhere else as well...and if it was last chapter or in another story, here it is again xP

THANK YOU FOR READING!