Status: Sorry I haven't updated in forever, really.

You Picked Me

Gravity

Kim wondered about the courtyard, it looked just as beautiful as she remembered. The tenderly shaped hedges remained erect without a single imperfection.
She could still imagine Jim’s bloody body lying in front of pale concrete stairs. The window he fell out of remained shattered. She stared at the open window before making her way to the front door.

Edward heard the floor creak with each step Kim took. He became scared and hid in the coldest, darkest corner of the attic. Kim’s footsteps weren’t anxious nor fast, but Edward still feared the worst. Once he saw her shadow on the opposite wall, he tightened up.

“Edward?” Kim softly called.

Snip.

Kim walked to the middle of the room. Moonlight from the ample hole in the ceiling, made the face of Edward’s visitor more visible. Kim. He shyly, and slowly walked out of the darkness.

“You shouldn’t be here.” He said.

It killed him to say those words, but it was for her own good. He’d never forgive himself if something happened to her.

“So…you want me to leave?” She asked, hurt.

“…No.” Edward admitted, looking up at Kim.

She smiled slightly, and took a step towards Edward to hold him. But, he stepped back. Every time he got close to Kim, he worried about hurting her.

“It’s OK.” Kim whispered

She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around Edward’s leather bound body. He timidly put his arms around her, keeping his ‘hands’ out of the equation.

“I…should go.” She said putting her arms back by their sides.

“Don’t go.” He said.

Visiting Edward in the first place was dangerous. What if someone saw her run up to the mansion, they’d immediately jump to conclusions. Staying any longer put him in even more danger. But yet, she couldn’t leave him.

“OK.” She said.

He walked past Kim towards the fireplace where a tattered mattress sat. Kim turned around and followed him with her eyes.

“Come.” He said turning his head.

Kim did as she was told and followed his footsteps. She looked down into the fireplace Edward led her to. It was a simple bedding arrangement, but cozy enough. The blanket on top had rips on the sides, but otherwise was in good shape.

“You may sleep here.” He said looking down into the fireplace.

Kim took her place on the mattress and waited for Edward to do the same, but he already decided that he would sleep on the floor. It was safer that way. Though she was impressed by his politeness, Kim thought it was unnecessary.

“You don’t have to sleep on the floor, Edward.” She said.

“It’s safer this way.” He replied.

Edward spread out the blades on his “hand” examining every sharp metal point. Each digit gave him a reason why he couldn’t love her.

“I’m so different…that I’m dangerous.” He sighed.

“Come here, I want to show you something.” Kim said patting the bed.

Edward was reluctant, but he obeyed Kim’s wish. After a bit of struggle, he lifted himself off the ground and onto the bed next to Kim. She merely smiled and placed her hand on the left side of his chest.

“You're not so different. See? You have a heart, a human heart…just like me.” Kim said.

Edward looked down at her hand that was lightly cupped on his chest. A small smile appeared on his face before he looked back up at Kim. She slowly wrapped both of her arms around one of Edward’s, gently placing her head on his shoulder. Edward had no clue what she was doing, or how to react to it, but it made him feel warm inside. Because of that, he assumed it was a good thing.
His razor-sharp blades were mere centimeters away from Kim’s soft stomach, but she wasn’t afraid. Kim merely closed her eyes, and drifted off to sleep, though it wasn’t intentional. Edward stayed statue still and watched Kim dream until he himself, was carried into slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, you like?