Status: Sorry I haven't updated in forever, really.

You Picked Me

Waiting, Wishing

“Your not so different. See? You have a heart, a human heart…just like me.”

Kim felt a sharp pain in her ankle. Her younger brother, Kevin, had kicked her there. Though she was at Jim’s funeral, all she could think about was Edward.

“Maybe you should say something.” Peg said reaching across her son and placing her hand on Kim’s knee.

“I…I can’t.” Kim stuttered.

“Ok dear.” Peg said returning her arm.

Kim took a deep breath. Anything she could say about Jim would be out of line for a funeral, plus she was too polite to say it out load.

“I’m gonna step outside for a minute.” Kim said looking at her mother.

Peg simply nodded, and Kim stood up out of her seat. The “clip-clop” of Kim’s shiny black heals echoed throughout the church. She could feel every set of eyes pierce though her with judgment as she walked up the isle. Kim quickly slipped though the large, wooden church doors. It was still raining.

“How appropriate.” Kim mumbled to herself as she stared up into the sky.

Even though it was miles away, Edward’s dark mansion was still visible, and it was screaming her name. Obviously she couldn’t just casually walk up there now. Even though the whole town was in one place, it was broad daylight, and they would have wondered where she went.

Up on such a big hilltop, Edward could see every inch of town. He learned that the small town below him acted like clockwork. But today was different. There were no young children in the streets and the housewives weren’t tending to their landscape. This confused Edward, and he wished he knew what was going on. But of course, he probably never would. Edward had to get used to loneliness once again. Sure Kim would be up to visit once in a while…but Edward knew it would be at random when he got to see her.

Kim stopped over thinking things for a moment when it hit her; Edward was dead to the world. That’s when she realized how unfair it was that everyone mourned Jim while Edward went with no recognition what so ever. That thought made Kim quite furious. He may not have been well liked at the time, but he suffered a tragic “death” as well. A part of her wanted to storm though the church doors behind her and scream out here feeling, but Kim was much to refined for that, so she kept to herself.

As the day went on, she became more and more disgusted with the attitude of her town. She couldn’t count the number of times that Edward was referred to a “monster” or as a
”Psychotic killer”. Their ignorance made Kim want to rip her hair out.

While doing her best to ignore the people around her, Kim decided that she would visit Edward that night…she had to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Already working on chapter three. :)