Noah Clarke

First Day of School 1

It’s the first day of school, and Noah has a lot to look fourth to. He wakes up as early as possible and double checks all of his stuff. Noah takes a shower and starts to look through his closet. He picks out a Paramore (his favorite band) shirt and his favorite black skinny jeans. He picks out his red converses and goes to the bathroom. He brushes his teeth, combs his brown cropped hair to one side and puts on some eyeliner. He thinks it makes his eyes POP.

He grabs his book bag and runs down stairs. His mom is making waffles and his dad is reading the morning newspaper while drinking his coffee. His mom stairs at him awkwardly and says “Noah what the hell are you wearing, this is the first day of high school not one of those concerts you go to”. Noah ignores her. He takes a waffle, says his goodbyes and walks out the door. When Noah is out of sight his mom whispers to his father “Noah has turned into one of those gothic demons”. Noah goes to Christie’s house and greets her with a kiss on the cheek, the way they always did. “Morning dude, what’s takin ya so long?” Noah asks sarcastically as he struggles to swallow the huge chunk of waffle he just stuffed into his mouth.

“I’ll go get you some water, wait here” Christie says with a wide grin. After Christie leaves Noah sees Christies little brother Derek staring at him through a little open crack in the door. Derek then softly asks “Why are you wearing eyeliner?” Noah looks at him in confusion and skeptically says “Because it’s the style…duh”.

“Oh ok, it looks cool” Derek replies.””Thanks” Noah replies with a victory grin on his face. Christie walks in and hands Noah the glass of water and says “Here, before you freaking choke man”. Noah scowls. Christie walks to the bathroom with Noah not far behind.

“So Noah, not to be rude but are you going to tell anyone that you are gay this year?”“You know so maybe you can have a boyfriend for once?” Christie asks with a pitiful look on her slim face as she puts on her eyeliner. “I don’t know” Noah replies. “Well I sure hope you do, because I’m going man hunting this year!” Christie exclaims. “Just put on your earrings and let’s go” Noah replies. “Hold it buddy, let me put on my fishnet stockings!” says Christie. Christie goes and puts on her stockings and purple converses, matching with her purple Paramore shirt and heads out with Noah, picking up a Hershey bar on her way out. They start walking to the bus stop.

“So Noah I think that you should start searching for that special person, you know?” “So that you could have someone else to lean on besides me, not saying that I don’t want to be with you but it’s good to have another person you can talk to”. “I know but I’m afraid that my secret will get out and everyone will find out about me”. As Noah finishes his sentence he notices that Christie is staring at something. “What is it?” Noah asks. “OMG look at the new guy, he just moved here…he’s adorable!” Christie exclaims. “Let’s go talk to him”.

“Why would we…?” but before he could finish the sentence, Christie grabs him by the arm and started running toward the new guy. “Hi! I’m Christie!” Christie exclaims to the new boy. “And this is my little friend Noah!” she continues. “Little?” Noah whispers. “Shut Up” Christie answers. “I’m Nicholas; nice to meet you guys…I’m kind of new here.” Nicholas answers with embarrassment. “It’s ok we were all new here at some point, don’t feel left out” Christie answers in a flirty tone. “Well, it was nice meeting you guys I guess I’ll see you around” Nicholas answers.

“Surely” Christie answers. Before Nicholas turns around he winks at Noah for one second. “He seems nice” Christie says dreamily. When she looks at Noah his face is as red as a tomato and he wasn’t moving. “Noah?” Christie asks. “He…just gave me the wink” Nicholas asks with an embarrassed grin. “Wooooaaaawwww” Christie whispers with a hint of excitement.

Noah and Christie got to the bus stop 10 seconds before the bus did. Noah was the entire time trying not to catch Nicholas’ gaze. The whole ride he could see through the corner of his eye that Nicholas would take a quick look at him and then turn back around. Noah got off the bus said goodbye and good luck to Christie and headed off for first period. As he entered the room he felt his stomach drop. People rapidly started to whisper.

He even heard some things he didn’t want to hear. As he sat down he heard a guy in back of him say “fagot”. He ignored everyone and got through first period and second also. He couldn’t stop thinking about Nicholas. Nicholas was all he was looking for in a guy. He had dark brown hair, emo styled.

He had eyes that looked like crystals. He was well built and looked like a genuine type of guy. But Noah knew that guys like that were almost always straight. But why did he wink at him?

That was what bothered Noah about the situation. Maybe Nicholas wasn’t that different from Noah. Maybe there was something there. In lunch period Noah quickly found Christie and sat next to her.

“I don’t know Christie” Noah said sadly. “Do you think he actually winked at me?” “Maybe it wasn’t a wink; it sure looked like one though”. “He probably did; I mean why wouldn’t? he” “It’s not like your ugly or something”. Noah leaned forward and whispered to Christie “Did you forget one little detail?” “We are both guys; I mean what if he isn’t like me” he chose his words carefully so that no one around them could understand what he was talking about.

“I think you’re blowing this way out of proportion Noee, did you ever think that maybe he might be gay too?” Christie answered. “Christie!” Noah exclaimed. “What?!?!” she replied. “The word!” Noah answered roughly. “Oh, sorry” Christie replied looking around making sure no one was staring. Then they both went to go get they’re lunch. Christie got to the line first so she got to the table early.

On Noah’s way to the table he got distracted by two girls that were arguing and when he looked back to the table he collided with someone. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry!” Noah exclaimed and when he looked up Nicholas was holding out his hand. “And this is how we meet again” Nicholas said sarcastically. “Look at your shirt Noah, we better get that cleaned up” Nicholas continued. “It’s fine, really” “No it’s not, follow me” Nicholas replied. Noah really had no choice but to follow. In the bathroom the two embarrassed teens whipped their clothes with wet paper towels. “What a GREAT first day huh?” Nicholas said sarcastically. “You’re very sarcastic aren’t you?” Noah answered without even looking at Nicholas. “I hope this helps” Nicholas said as he leaned in and gave Noah a tender kiss on the lips.

Noah made no effort to pull away and apparently neither did Nicholas for the next 10 seconds. When Nicholas finally pulled back he ran his fingers through Noah’s hair as he said “Don’t worry Noah, I’m sure the year will get MUCH better”. Then he walked out of the bathroom leaving Noah inside with one hand over his mouth, hiding a very wide grin. When Noah exited the bathroom he noticed that Christie was now gone and lunch period was almost over.

For the rest of the day Noah could only think about what happened to him at lunch period. When the last bell rang, Noah ran outside and found Christie. When he did, he pulled her by the arm and said “We need to talk as soon as we get off the bus!”. “Ok ok just don’t try to break my arm before we get inside” Christie sarcastically replied. “Jeez!”She continued.

The whole ride Noah was staring out the window trying his hardest not to even look at Nicholas from the corner of his eye. When the bus stopped Noah grabbed his book bag and darted out the door. When Christie finally got out of the bus Noah grabbed her arm and pulled her while saying “What’s taking you so long we need to go before HE gets out of the bus”. “What happened” Christie said. “I saw that you guys collided during lunch but why are you freaking out like this?” Christie asked. “He kissed me, that’s why!” Noah exclaimed. Christie looked shocked. “What?!?!” She asked angrily.

“I am going to rip his head off!” Christie exclaimed. “I’m confused too but we need to keep walking fast before he catches up, but whatever you do try to look normal” Noah said. “Oh my god, he kissed you?” Christie asked. “I don’t get it either, why would he play a card like that this early in the game?” Noah asked himself and partially to Christie. “Maybe he likes you that much; wait Noah!” Christie exclaimed. “What?” Noah answered.

“Why are you freaking out, isn’t this what you wanted?” “Yeah but…”. “ But what?” “This is what you’ve wanted right?” Christie asked. “Yeah, but…” “I guess your right” Noah replied. “I just freaked out because it all happened so fast”. “It sure did, you need to be careful though Noah” Christie said worried.” “I know” Noah replied. As they got to Christies’ front door Christie said “Just promise me you won’t do anything stupid too early”. “I promise” Noah answered.

“Good” Christie answered as she closed her door, leaving Noah standing outside alone. Noah quickly ran into his house, said his hellos and ran upstairs into his room. He thought for hours about what had happened. Then he came upon something. What if this was a good thing, what if it isn’t as complicated as it seems. What if Nicholas was that one special person that Noah needed?
Noah took a shower and laid down on his bed. He thought about Nicholas’ kiss as he felt asleep he lightly whispered “Nicholas”…
♠ ♠ ♠
What........a great first day of school *shrugs*