Status: Completed

Bound by Love

The Halloween Ball

It took us a bit of time to erase the incident of Fred and Rosie in the Room of Requirement, but eventually we were able to forget about it.

"Hey Theresa," said Rosie after class one day. "Let's ask Dumbledore if we could have a Halloween Ball. I bet he would let us..."

"You know, you are right. Toady neglected to say if we weren't allowed to have a HALLOWEEN ball. We aren't allowed to have a Christmas ball..." I replied with a cunning smile.

We ran to Dumbledore's office, and wrenched open the door. "SIR! SIR???" We both screamed, alarming poor Fawkes.

"Calm down Theresa and Rosie. What is the matter?" asked Dumbledore with a smile.

"Can we pretty, pretty please have a Halloween ball?" asked Rosie with puppy dog eyes.

"Actually, I was thinking about that myself..." said Dumbledore. "I think a Halloween ball is just the thing the school needs to liven up a bit since that awful Umbridge has come here by force."

"You mean you didn't hire her?" I asked.

"Nope, she was placed here by Ministry officials. I had no control over it, and we needed a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher..."

"Oh, well, thank you sir!" said Rosie, giving Dumbledore a huge hug. She then ran out and began to skip down the hallways.

"Teenagers!" I sighed sarcastically, making Dumbledore laugh as I went to go join Rosie.
_______________________________________________________________________

"But headmaster Dumbledore!" cried Professor Umbridge. "I clearly stated-"

"We all know what you stated, Dolores," said Dumbledore. "But I am afraid you have no power in overruling me. You can overrule students, but not the headmaster. I'm sorry Dolores, but I am allowing the Halloween ball."

"Albus, when I am done, you will no longer be headmaster!" sulked Umbridge as she walked away scribbling something on her clipboard.

"Attention all students!" cried Dumbledore. "This year, we will be having a Halloween Ball. It will be held in the Great Hall, and I want to make clear of how students should dress. Students who are involved in a relationship must go as a pair with their significant other. They must be dressed as either a famous/dead couple, or something that is relatable. Like for instance, if a couple dresses up as The Weird Sisters, you would need to have three people in that group obviously... For those of you who have no significant other, you shall be able to choose freely of whatever costume your heart so desires, but only in good taste. I do not want to see anything vulgar or distasteful, lest you shall be submitted to Professor Umbridge's detention..."

"Oh Draco!" I whispered. "I got the perfect costume idea for the both of us..."
_______________________________________________________________________

Draco waited for me outside my dorm, as I primped for the ball. I wore a red rose in my hair, a white semi-puffy short sleeved white shirt underneath a black corset, and a long tan skirt. My hair was curly, and left down. My eye shadow was a light brownish color, and I put on my favorite 'Nilla Fudge lip gloss.

I walked towards the porthole, and saw Draco in his costume. He looked so freaking hot!!!! He was dressed in a white ruffled shirt and black pants with his blond hair slicked back. Half of his face was concealed by a mask, and he wore a black cloak over his costume.

"I AM YOUR ANGEL OF MUSIC... COME TO ME ANGEL OF MUSIC!" sang Draco.

"Oh Draco! You do look like the Phantom!" I squealed.

"And you do look like Christine Daee, Tessie," said Draco, kissing my hand.

We walked to the Great Hall, and who did we run into but-

"Howdy-do! I'm Henry the Fifteenth!" cried Fred, holding out his hand. He was dressed in medieval costume, and his neck was bloody.

"And I am his Marie Antoinette,” said Rosie. She was dressed in the same medieval style as Fred with a matching bloody neck.

"Nice choice!" I smiled as Draco stood behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "We are Phantom of the Opera and Christine Daee. You know the disfigured genius and the beautiful opera singer?"

"You can sing?" asked Fred curiously. "Oi, George!"

George ran over, dressed as a court jester. "Sup Fred?"

Fred whispered something into George's ear, and then George ran off somewhere. Both Rosie and Fred had mischievous grins on their faces.

"Oh no, what did you do?" I asked nervously.

"Oh, you shall see, Theresa..." said Fred with an evil grin.

"That's what I'm afraid of!" I shouted, and Draco and I walked over to try to find Harry, Ron, and Hermione. All of a sudden, I was attacked by this black, furry ape. "Eresa!" said a muffled voice.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked, pushing the ape away.

"Oh, Theresa! That's Ron!" cried Hermione, who had been trying to run in her heels, but it was no use. She was dressed in a short, silver dress that was ripped and ragged at the bottom. "We decided to come as Fay Wray and King Kong!"

"Ha! It seems that Ron didn't need his costume!" I said, laughing with Draco.

"I 'erd 'at!" cried Ron through the suit. "Loody 'ell! 'S 'ot as 'ell in 'ere!"

"Then take off the head at least!" said Draco, helping Ron. Soon they were able to pry off the head, and Ron glared at me.

"Didn't need a costume..."

"I was only joking Ronald!" I said, shaking my head. "Anyways, where is Harry?"

"I dunno," said Hermione. "I saw him leave Gryffindor Tower dressed as a vampire. He couldn't find a date…"

"Erm- Hermione, you better turn around. Ron, this isn't gonna be pretty" I said, pointing to where Harry was.

Harry was with Ginny, who also wore a matching vampiress costume. Fake blood dripped from the corners of both of their mouths.

"What the bloody hell?" shouted Ron. "I thought you didn't have a date!"

"Well, I did mate," said Harry quietly.

"MY SISTER!?!" snarled Ron. "Why did you have to pick my sister?"

"Ron, I think you better calm yourself down," said Hermione. "You are only gonna say things you are going to regret later."

"I trusted you mate! And this is what you do? You backstab me?" said Ron, pushing Harry.

"Ron!" I said, grabbing him by the scruff of his costume. "You will not act indecently! You are going to behave yourself, and you are going to have a good time with the rest of us! Do you want to have this freaking scar on your hand like me and Harry?"

I thrust my hand in his face, showing him the visible scar. Ron's eyes widened, and when I let go of him, he glared at Harry, and went off with Hermione to the dance floor. "Well, you sure know how to straighten any man out," said Draco.

"Ditto to that!" said Harry. "Thanks for that. I didn't really want to hurt him, but I really like Ginny. I asked her because I liked her, not to piss him off or anything."

"I know," I said, sighing. "Come on now. Let's party!!!!!!!"
_______________________________________________________________________

"Ladies and gentleman, we have a special treat for you!" said Rosie, who had grabbed a microphone.

'Uh oh, what is she up to now?' I thought.

"Our very own Theresa Smith would like to sing something special tonight"

'Oh no she didn’t!' I thought exasperatedly. 'I had to break up an oncoming fight, and now this?'

"She is going to delight us by singing The Phantom of the Opera for us all!" said Rosie smiling at the audience. "Theresa, come up here!"

'Reminder to self: Jinx the crap outta Rosie if I survive this ordeal,' I thought as I approached where Rosie stood.

"I could kill you for this," I said through gritted teeth. Rosie winked at me, and Fred began to play the music.

'Well, here goes nothing!' I thought before I opened my mouth to sing.

"In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came.
That voice which calls to me, and speaks my name.
And do I dream again, for now I find-
The Phantom of the Opera is there, inside my mind.
"

I saw a figure walk behind me, and pull me close to them as they sang to me:

"Sing once again with me, our strange duet.
My power over you grows stronger yet.
And though you turn from me to glance behind.
The Phantom of the Opera is there inside your mind!/
"

I couldn't turn around because whoever was behind me had wrapped themselves around me so tightly. So I continued to sing:

"Those who have seen your face draw back in fear.
I am the mask you wear.
"

And the mysterious person responded to me:
"It's me they hear."

Then we both sang together:
"Your spirit and my voice in one combined!
The Phantom of the Opera is there inside my mind!
"

"Sing my angel of music!" cried the mysterious voice. I then began to vocalize the array of high notes, and after sustaining the final high note for a few extra beats, I turned to see who sang with me.

"Draco?" I cried, as the two of us were met with a loud and enthusiastic applause. He winked at me, and I blushed as everyone showed their appreciation.

"Well, I couldn’t let you sing up there all by yourself, now could I?" said Draco. "I mean, what would Christine be without her Phantom? She would be nothing without him! So I decided that since you were going to be forced to sing, I would sing with you."

"Oh Draco," I said, touching his unmasked face gently.