Well I Know I'm Not Alright

Christie Road

I kicked the apartment door open and walked in. Elaina jumped into the air as Tre looked at me from across the room. I was pissed at the world today. I hated everyone that existed.

My job had to be the worst. I got in trouble again for standing up for myself. I also said fuck you to my boss and walked out.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed myself a water bottle. Elaina walked in and looked at me. "Another hard day at work?" Elaina asked me. I nodded and looked at the bills.

"Yeah. I'm also not working there anymore. I'm getting a new job with Maegan." Elaina smiled.

"Good. You've always been good at restaurants and stuff like that."

"I know. Which is why I'm looking forward to going back."

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel around my body. I then saw someone smirking at me. I jumped into the air screaming loud. I ran right back into the bathroom. I locked the door, and started to laugh at myself. I can't believe I just screamed that loud. I then heard his foot steps come close to the door. "Mike? That's you, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why? Is everything okay?" He asked me. I nodded my head smiling thinking that he would know.

"Yeah. I just thought you were Tre or some one else." He laughed.

"No. It's just you and me. Maegan let me in before she left for work." Mike said.

"Okay. Can you wait in the living room while I change?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sure." I heard him walk away after that.

I changed into my black Ramones shirt, and my blue jeans, and walked out. Mike sat there looking at the t.v. that had Charlie Brown falling on the ground after attempting to kick the football. I smiled as Mike laughed at Charlie. "So what brings you here?' I asked.

"Well, Tre told me what happened, and I thought that you needed a break. So I brought over some goods." I looked at him suspiciously.

"What kind of goods?" I asked with a smile.

"I'll show you after we get in my car." He said.

We drove to the is field with railroads and trains that were passing by. It was somewhat I want to call, a place where you could relax and let go for a little while. I then turned to Mike who shut the engine off. He went into his pocket and got out paper, and a little bag. I smiled as I looked at the bag. "Yeah. I guess I could use some of those goods." I said. Mike smiled and rolled the joint he was making.

About three hours later me and Mike were on top of his car looking at stars. It was very peaceful. My high was almost gone, and I could feel my body come back to reality. For some odd reason, I still felt relax. Mike sat up as I continued to look at the stars. They sparkled in the sky like diamonds. It was so pretty, it almost made you jump so you could catch one. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm feeling just fine." I said.

Mike moved towards me so he could be on top of me. I looked at him. His face was above mine. He rested on his arms so he wouldn't crush me.

"You know, I thought you were straight edge when I first met you." He said. I laughed.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. I don't know why."

"I kinda knew you guys were stoner's from the beginning. I don't know why. You guys just gave me that vibe. Not that it's bad or anything." I said.

"No. I know. It wouldn't matter to me either."

Mike rolled over next to me, and laid on his back to look at the stars. I then felt his hand on my hand as he laced his fingers with mine. It sent butterflies into my stomach. I smiled. He looked at me. I knew his Blue eyes were trying to read my face.

"What is this place anyway? It's amazing."

"This place my dear, is called Christie Road. Me, and Billie use to smoke out here after school all the time."

"I figured." I said.

Me and Mike laid in the same positions for next half hour until our high was completely gone. As we got back into the car, Mike looked at me. I looked at him too. He then moved in to my face and kissed me quick. It may have been quick but it was sweet.

On the ride home I was feeling a little hungry. My stomach was making monster noises, and Mike could hear them. He smiled and rubbed my stomach at a red light. I smiled at him. "Your stomach is going nuts!" He said to me. I laughed.

We stopped at a Subway and ate there. As we were eating some guy came up to Mike and tapped him on the shoulder. Mike smiled at the guy saying hello, and excused himself. I nodded and watched them out of the corner of my eye.

The guy was talking to Mike pretty quick and was a little bit shy. Mike shook his head and smiled. He was telling directions, or something along those lines. I looked down at my food as Mike returned to the table. He looked at me. "He was looking for Billie." He said. I looked up.

"Why?" I asked.

"He's been wanting weed and wanted to know where he was."

"Did you tell him?" I asked.

"Yeah. He's a good friend of ours." I nodded.

"I didn't know Billie deals."

"Well. He doesn't do it often. He only sells weed whenever he's poor or needs money for the band. Kinda like right now." He said.

"Oh. I guess that's cool."

"Yeah that's the reason why, the people before you three moved out of the apartments."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. They were old and wanted nothing to do Billie's dealing or whatever."

"Wow."

"Sometimes they would call the cops on us and tell them what we were doing. Good thing Tre is a good liar. We haven't gotten caught once." Mike said knocking on wood.

"Hm. Is that why a couple of people called Billie, 'Two Dollar Bill' at the last party?"

"Um . . . yeah. I guess you could say that." Mike said eating his sandwich.

Once we got back to the apartment I noticed a car in the parking lot. It looked very familiar. I shrugged and looked away as Mike parked his car.

Mike turned the engine off and looked at me. I leaned in and kissed him this time. I've been kissing him a lot lately. I wasn't so sure why. After a make out session I walked up the stairs with Mike holding his hand.

Then my worst nightmare was standing before me. It was him. He was real, and breathing. The one person who made me go through hell in my final year of high school. I looked at him with wide eyes and tears starting up. Mike looked at me alarmed.

"Hello, Lizzie. You look great." Chris said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh! I wonder what's going to happen!

thanks for reading. <3