Status: Complete :)

Teardrops On My Guitar

I Love You

‘He’s the time taken up,
But there’s never enough.
And he’s all that I need
To fall into…’
Putting that picture down just made me toss and turn more. How was that possible? Why was he haunting me? I couldn’t even sleep because of him. He was perfect.
I sighed, giving in. I stared at the ceiling for a long time. Stupid guys. Finally I liked someone and I end up getting hurt. That’s why I never open up. I do it once and shatter into a million pieces.
Over and over again, I thought about that. I took out my phone, the light shining in my face. I clicked the text messages, opening to the older ones. Why was I torturing myself like this? Yet, I still gazed, rereading over and over again his words. Our midnight talks.

‘no one’s perfect. Two people are perfect for each other. That’s the only way perfection comes.’
‘I’d give anything to hold you
To look into your eyes
To kiss your lips
To hear the laughs and cries.
I’d give anything to hold you
To lay with at night
To hold your hand and kiss it
Underneath the skies light
I’d give anything to hold you…’
‘poem, actually.
I wrote it.’
‘you. Why do you think I sent it to you at like three in the morning?’
‘I just feel attached to you.’
Tears formed in my eyes as I shove my phone under my pillow. That just made me even more depressed. He wrote a poem for me. For me. No one’s done that before.
I sighed, breathing deeply. I closed my eyes, trying to let the sleep come. The breeze came in through the open window. That’s when I heard it. A soft melody strummed on a guitar. That familiar tune I knew so well.
My mother’s lullaby.
A soft voice sang the lyrics. A male voice. A voice I knew. What’s with this?! I can’t even stay in my own house without him showing up.
I shoved my warm feather blanket from my body. I really needed a lighter blanket. Walking to the window, my breath caught in my throat.
Nolan. With his guitar. Singing. He smiled up to me.
I stared out the window at him before I finally gave in and walked down to the door.
1 AM…
‘Drew looks at me.
I fake a smile
So he won’t see.’
“What do you want? What are you doing here?” I asked, a little angrily. I stared at him in disbelief, but he surely stared back at me.
“I didn’t want to end us on that note,” he said.
“Go back to your girlfriend,” I muttered to him. He sighed slightly.
“There is no other girl…”
“What? Why did you lie to me?”
“Because I had to break up with you. It would’ve been easier just to tell you I moved on and got a girlfriend when I didn’t.”
“Why?”
“Things happened…”
“What things?”
“You’ll find out sooner or later,” he whispered, gazing past me now. I stared at him. What was he saying? Confusion rushed to me. He placed his guitar on the sidewalk, the neck in his grip.
This was all so confusing. He had to break up. He faked a girlfriend. But, why is he telling me this?
“Why are you telling me this?” I asked him. He gazed into my eyes, direct contact and I couldn’t look away.
“I love you. I truly do. I fell in love with you. I know what I said and I’m sorry. I had to do it. I didn’t want to. I never did. What you don’t know at the moment, won’t hurt you. It killed me inside to know I hurt you. The same pain washed through me as I saw your face, heard the pain in your voice. It killed me. Kyleigh, I love you,” he said, a little passionately. I knew he was telling the truth.
His eyes held a gleam, tears in them. I was speechless. I didn’t know what to say, nor do. What could I do? He was my love.
“Really?” I asked, well…whispered.
“Always will,” he said softly.
My eyes went wide as he smiled that same smile I adored. My features softened as he pulled me into a small hug.
“I can’t do this,” I said, against his chest.
“Yes you can, I love you. We’re meant to be,” he whispered into my hair.
“I can’t. I love you, but it’s hard,” I said. I got out of the hug, starting to turn around to walk back into my house. Damn him. I did love him.
He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, crashing his lips to mine, and I kissed back.
“I love you,” I mumbled against his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the last part, I hope you enjoyed it. Please, read and review. Tell me if I should write more to this!

~Kristyn~