Status: Slowly Active.

Traitor in a Second

We're Gonna Die Like This You Know

This had to be the most fun I had ever had on a date, honestly.

Kyle and I Went on so many rides; the day was winding down, much to our disappointment. We had ridden every ride at least once with the exception of one, and I had been tugging Kyle away from it all day.

I’m completely fearless -when it comes to amusement park rides- but the one thing that has made me nervous since childhood is the Ferris wheel.

What a stupid invention! It goes so slow and obnoxiously high then just leaves you there, whoever designed it was a d-bag of a very high degree, because he has had me terrified more than anyone else in the universe.

I had foolishly given Kyle choice of last ride, hoping by some outlandish chance that he had not realized that the Ferris wheel had been MIA on our amusement park endeavor, all in vain.
“You can choose the last ride Kyle!” I said as I took his outstretched hand after our brief potty break – yes, I had washed my hands.

“Okay, I think we should get on the Ferris wheel.”

I immediately went wide eyed, Kyle didn’t see it, he had already turned and started tugging me towards the deathtrap.

I was mentally hysterical while standing in line, Kyle still had my hand in a tight grip and we were making casual conversation, but it was barely registering. I was on the verge of hyperventilating in my head. I’m so happy it wasn’t showing, which would have been a bit embarrassing. I had been dragging Kyle onto all the scary rides all day, I love roller coasters, I love big, scary, stomach turning rides, he’d be on the floor laughing if he knew I was freaking out about something like this.

Honestly though, every cute little movie depicts a kiss at the highest point of the ride and I think that was what Kyle was expecting to come out of this—one of those romantic movie moments that you never see planned and then actually happen in real life.

There was a lull in conversation and I took the chance to just hug Kyle for warmth and survey my surroundings. There was a group of teenagers a few people ahead, a cute little pig tailed girl- giddy to get on the ride, and another pack of teenagers. I took notice of their calm or excited faces, how humiliating! Then I looked at the ride, having one of those lion-heart moments I let go of Kyle and craned my neck to see the top of the ride. I saw the peeling paint, the creaky parts and the rusted metal, lion heart gone. So, the ride was still scary as ever, so I went back over to Kyle, now Hyperventilating on the outside and in.

I couldn’t take it anymore, I can get on this ride and make a complete fool of myself by crying, which always happens when I get on a Ferris Wheel, or I can just buck up and tell Kyle.
Before I could talk myself into sticking it out, I turned to Kyle. “How dead-set are you on getting on this ride?” I asked him.

“What do you mean?” was his reply, oh no, we are next in line!

“I mean, you don’t really want to get on the Ferris wheel do you?” I tried to play it off as if it was nothing but my voice cracked and Kyle caught it.

Before he spoke again, Kyle politely turned to the people behind us and asked them to go ahead as he and I stepped to the side.

“Are you Afraid, Evan?” Kyle asked with a slight smile.

Not wanting to admit it out loud I made the biggest puppy dog pout I could and gave Kyle a quick nod before propelling myself at him and hugging his middle like my life depended on it. I was legit freaking out; I was on the verge of tears!

“It’s not funny!” I wailed.

“Evan, chill, I’m not even laughing. We definitely won’t go on it if you don’t want to. You could have just told me.” He said as he hugged me back two times tighter. “Let’s go buy some cotton candy or something, unless you want to ride something else?”

“No, no. Cotton candy sounds awesome, I kind of used up all my bravery on trying to convince myself to get on that damned Ferris wheel.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this is a major filler, but i thought it was cute. i'm sorry i've kept everyone waiting so long just for this bull but summer before senior year is so hectic!